Status: ongoing

Night Visions

Chapter Two

-Kerrie’s POV-

Waiting with Dan and Phil in the hospital waiting room I was nervous. She’s never been like this. Is she sick? Did her mugger hit her too hard on the head? Phil grabbed hold of my shaking hands.

“She’ll be okay.” Phil reassured me. “I’ll go and get us some coffee, Dan you want anything?”
“Yes please. I’ll wait here with Kerrie.” With that Phil walked off down the corridor.
“Dan... Do you think she’ll be okay?” I ask almost in tears. Dan paused.
“I’m sure she’ll be okay... she has to be.” He said quietly giving me a hug.
Phil got back just as a doctor approached us.

“Are you with a Miss Ria Thorton?” he asked looking at his clipboard.
“Yes we are, is she okay?” I said standing up almost in tears again. The doctor rubbed his forehead and motioned for us to follow him.

The three of us followed the doctor down busy corridors; suddenly he stopped and opened the doors to the Intensive Care Units. My heart was beating through my ears. She has to be okay, she has to be! The doctor stopped us in front of a large window, and he pulled up the blinds. There she was. Attached to tubes and heart rate monitors, I can’t take it. I fall to my knees and burst into tears.

-Dan’s POV-

Phil was kneeling down to comfort Kerrie from her hysteric reaction. I could just look through the window. I hear the doctor clear his throat behind me.

“As you seem to be the most stable one here, I need to run you through what has put her into this condition.” The doctor said opening her recovery room door allowing me in. I was hesitant. Phil looked at me also as if she was pleading me to find out. I nodded at him and then followed the doctor into Ria’s room.

The doctor went over and closed the blinds again.

“Now, she’s unconscious as of right now but she is stable. She seems to have internal bleeding.” The doctor said gently pulling up her hospital night gown. I couldn’t believe my eyes. She was black and blue.

“A... are those bruises?” I ask almost swallowing my words. The doctor nodded.
“She seems to have had extreme blunt force trauma to her torso. By the look of things, it seems to have been a reoccurring bashing.” The doctor said pointing at certain bruises.

My head was spinning now; I couldn’t comprehend what he was trying to say to me. I could see that she had been beaten, but nothing made any sense to me. I could feel my eyes welling up, I’d never admit it to anyone but Ria was the most beautiful girl I had ever set my eyes on. When we first met four years ago, all I could do was smile. Now, to see her like this shattered me. My head was full of an intense mix of emotions, sadness, anger, and hatred for whoever did this to her. Kerrie must have calmed down because Phil came in followed by his shaking girlfriend. I can’t take it anymore, I need some fresh air.

“Uh, Phil the doctor will run you up to speed. I need to get some fresh air or I’ll go insane.” I left the room before Phil could even answer me.

-Kerrie's POV-

I stared at my bruised and battered friend. She looked so helpless, so broken. I had sent a text to her boyfriend Jay to tell him what had happened. He arrived sooner than I thought he would. He came bursting through the doors ordering the doctor to tell him what had happened.

“Why wasn’t I informed sooner?” Jay yelled at Phil and I. Phil took me by the hand and got defensive.
“We didn’t know she was this bad until we brought her here. She looked like a ghost. Where were you last night, when she was mugged hey? You’re doing a right job you are.” I could feel Phil’s anger racing through his body as he tightened his grip on my hand. Jay was getting redder and redder.

“You better be careful mate. You’re fucking with the wrong person here. Get the fuck out and let me be with my girlfriend.” Jay was breathing through clenched teeth now. Knowing when to stop, Phil and I left the room and went to find Dan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two done and dusted :) Hope you enjoyed it. Feedback would be great