Status: i have a lot of stories, so i'll update when i can

Baby, Please Come Home

Sometimes Things Don't Work Out the Way That We Planned

I gently slid my fingers down Kellin's side as he slept, smiling slightly. He made a little noise and shifted, turning his face into his pillow.
I had missed sleeping with him. He was so cute and cuddly and he was always warm. I loved that he always let me hold him, expected me to, and held me back.
Bethany wasn’t much of a cuddler, and she always got irritated if I messed her hair up, whereas Kellin would just lie in my lap for hours on end, letting me comb my fingers through his hair repeatedly. It was always so silky and he seemed to like it just as much as I did.
I had also missed touching him whenever I wanted affection. Bethany always hated when I bothered her just for a kiss or to ask if she wanted to cuddle and watch movies all day; which is why Kellin was so perfect. He had called off work today just to stay here with me, cuddling and talking in his bed all day.
I smiled at the thought, loving how open he was with me now. He seemed so much more comfortable around me, and I loved that he didn’t feel the need to look perfect all the time.
Bethany was a model, and even when she wasn’t working, she liked to look like she could be. She would get annoyed if I kissed her and messed up her lipstick or her clothes, or anything else for that fact.
Kellin however, didn’t care how he looked around me. He had been wearing sweatpants and a hoodie all morning, and then my shirt and a pair of briefs.
He didn’t even bother to brush his hair with the excuse that I was ‘just going to mess it up again’; I had.
He made another little sound and squirmed around on the bed. I smiled as snuggled into me, stirring slightly. “Mm?” He propped up on his elbow a little. “Go back to sleep honey,” I said softly and kissed his cheek.
He blinked sleepily and moved my arm to lay his head on my chest. I smiled and tightened my arm around him, lying back against the pillow. “Why are you up?” he asked slowly.
“I couldn’t sleep,” He made a little noise and nodded slightly. “Go to sleep,” I whispered and stroked his side with my fingertips again. He melted into my side, his warm breath tickling my skin as he went back to sleep almost instantly. I smiled happily, looking down at him.
He was so beautiful without even trying, and I loved him so much. “I love you baby,” I barely whispered, and smiled when he nodded the tiniest bit. He was so cute.
I closed my eyes and relaxed, loving how warm Kellin was against me. He was breathing slowly, his chest rising and falling against my side.

(Vic’s dreams)
“Please?” Kellin whined, pulling on my sleeve again. “No,” He pouted at me, making puppy eyes.
“But—but look how cute. Please Vic, look at them. I need one,” I groaned and shook my head.
“Kell, we don’t need a cat,” I said gently. “Yes we do. Look how cute they are,” He pointed at one of the kittens in the window. “Yes, they’re very cute,” I agreed, helplessly trying to pull him away from the pet shop.
“Can’t we get one? Please? I’ll take care of it, I promise. Please Vic? Please, please, please, can we get one?” Kellin begged, tugging on my sleeve again.
“Not today,” He whined, making me laugh a little. He sounded more like my child than my husband. “Please? If you love me we’ll get a kitten,”
I groaned again. “Don’t do that to me. That isn’t fair,” He pouted again, looking right at me with those begging eyes. “Please?” I grimaced, so close to giving in.
He usually got what he wanted, and I had no doubt he would have gotten a kitten if Mike hadn’t called. “Hi,” I said, relieved. “Hey, where are you?” he asked. “I’ll explain later. We’ll be there soon,” I said and hung up.
Kellin whined as I took his hand, pulling him away from all the little kittens playing in the window. I felt so guilty as we walked towards Mike’s apartment.
He really wanted one, and if he had gotten me to stand there a little longer, he definitely would’ve gotten one. I was pretty horrible at saying no to him.
I sighed as continued to have that sad look on his face the entire walk to Mike’s. “What if we get one for Christmas?” I asked, trying to make him happy.
“Seriously?” he asked, suddenly perking up. I smiled and nodded, laughing. “Yes, baby, we’ll get one. Just not today,” He grinned and kissed my cheek.
“I love you,” he said happily. I smiled back, happy that he was happy. I loved him so much.
(Over)

I woke up slowly, my dream still in my thoughts. Kellin had really wanted that kitten, and we never got it.
We had gotten divorced before Christmas, so I wasn’t around to buy one for him. I wondered if he still wanted one.
I brushed the hair out of Kellin's eyes, waking him. “Hey,” I said softly, Kellin smiling at me sleepily.
“Hi,” he said and looked at me. “Do you still want a kitten?” I asked. Kellin made a face and sat up a little. “What?” I sat up too and moved close to him.
“Before we broke up, you begged me to get a cat, and then we you know, so we never got one. Did you still want one?”
Kellin just blinked at me. “Where did that come from?” he asked, laughing a little.
“I don’t know, but do you?” Kellin shrugged and nodded. “Yeah, why?” I smiled and kissed his cheek. “We should get one,” Kellin gave me an incredulous look.
“You want to get a cat with me?” he asked, making me blush. “Um, I mean—yeah,” He kissed me, smiling against my lips. “Do you want to?” I asked. “I mean, I don’t know how it’ll work with keeping it, but if you want one—“You can stay here. With me, I mean,” I grinned at him.
“You want me to move in with you?” Kellin nodded. “Why wouldn’t I?” I shrugged lightly. “I don’t know,” Kellin kissed me again and rested his head on my shoulder.
“I love you,” I grinned and squeezed him happily. “I love you so much Kell,” ~
♠ ♠ ♠
shady's back

10 pts. to Gryffindor if you got that reference

title- "Million Dollar Houses (The Painter)" Pierce the Veil