Status: I'm trying hard not to make this a fanfic. Really I am.

Don't You Cry No More

Therapy

"What brings you here, Ms Vales?"
"I was hoping you could tell me."

Aurora returned her attention to her therapist. What exactly was she doing here? Of all places this was the last one she wanted to be in.

"It's not the first time I've heard that response. Usually when my patients say that, there's something they're not willing to comprehend."

He took a seat behind his desk and opened up a folder. Aurora shifted her eyes to the tab hanging just off the side it.

'Aurora Vales' was written dexterously in cursive.

She sighed and brought her fist to rest under her chin.

"Says here you have a daughter."
"Daisy." She responded.
"Her father-" he paused.

She knew what he was about to bring up and her chest tightened.

"He passed away. .I'm sorry for your loss. Is that what's bothering you, Ms Vales?"
"I'm sure if your loved one died you'd be beyond bothered." She snapped.

The next moments were followed by a thick silence. She deeply regretting comment that slipped out of her mouth.

"I'm sorry. I-"
"No need to be. It was a foolish question to ask. I mean I should know."

He closed the folder and took off his glasses. He pressed his index finger down on the intercom and waited.

"Yes Dr. Burton?" A female voice came threw the speaker.

"Rose? Would you be so kind as to bring in some tea?"
"Yes Dr. Burton, right away."

He stood from his chair and walked over to his office window. Soon a knock came from his office door.

"Come in." called Dr. Burton.

In walked Rose with a tray of tea as he had requested. She set it down on the coffee table between the chair Aurora sat in and the one next to her.

"Thank you, Rose."

Rose left the two once again alone in the dull-dim-lit office.

"Go ahead Ms Vales." he gestured towards the tray.

She hesitated a bit, not in the mood for tea at the moment but taken her remark, it was the least she could do. Dr. Burton served himself tea and returned to his spot by the window.

"Winter is just around the corner. It's been said to be depressing season."

Aurora thought different, she adored the winter, the snow, the holidays, everything.

"Which means there could be a much higher risk of you spiraling down into depression. I don't mean to scare you Ms Vales but that's something we don't want to risk."

He turned around to face her. Aurora took a sip of tea to make it look as if she was enjoying it.

"I don't like putting my patients on medications, I usually prescribe them mental therapy."

Aurora creased her brows not knowing what he meant by 'mental therapy'.

"Were you close to any your husband's family or friends?"
"Friends sure but family. .I've only been told about them but not once have I met them."
"May I ask why?"
"His side of the family seems, well rather wealthy and I'm not much of a match for them."
"What makes you say that?"
"I don't have much, even with my husband we lived a normal middle-class life. Daisy goes to public school, we live in an apartment."

He walked over to his desk and sat down his cup.

"Ms. Vales, I recommend that you connect with his family, get to know them. Take your daughter with you, I'm sure she'll need this just as much as you do."

Aurora set aside her tea and stared down at her hands. Maybe that could help.

"But what if I don't like them? What if-"
"You have to stop second guessing yourself, whether you find that you like them or hate them is for you to find out."

Aurora thought for a few quiet moments.

"Alright. I'll do it."