Status: Active

The Fallen One

Chapter 14

Isolde's POV

We had made it to New Orleans yesterday and the city was just as beautiful as the last time I was here. Walking the streets with Niklaus by my side I stopped abruptly in front of a red door. The sign above the shop read 'Magie Noire' which made me smile. Leave it to Cici to be so blunt about what she does. Nik's hand came to a rest on the small of my back as we entered the shop.

The smell of the shop filled my nostrils bringing back to the days of past that I had spent with Cecilia. There she was sitting hunched over one of the many grimoires she owned. Her once black hair now grey fell down her shoulders. Her beautiful face showed signs of time but was still just as gorgeous as the last time I had seen her. Flicking my hand the page of the book turned causing her eyes to dart up to me.

Cici's eyes widened as a smile found it's way to her lips. "Isolde, my sweet child, have you finally found your way home to me?"

I smiled shaking my head as I hugged her. "No mere´, I have made my home else where for now. We just came to visit you."

"I figured as much dear. I see you have brought the great Niklaus Mikaelson with you. To what do I owe your presence?" She gave Nik a sweet knowing smile.

"Nik is my husband mere´. He would like to discuss a few things with you about what I am." I placed a kiss on here cheek as I turned toward the back room.

Nik called out causing me to turn my head to him. "Where are you going love?"

Before I could speak Cici answered. " I am assuming Isolde still does not wish to know everything about herself. Am I correct dear?"

"Your assumption is correct. I do not wish to know everything just yet mere´. I am going to find Jean while the two of you discuss me." With that I continued on my way to the back where I knew I would find Jean.

I found Jean, Cici's husband, going through the inventory in the back room. His hair had greyed as well but he was still as handsome as the first time I had met them. It had been years ago when the couple arrived in New Orleans and Cecilia was pregnant with their first child. I saved them that night from a group of vampires, I was a merciless being but I could not let harm fall on a pregnant woman. After that night I stayed with them for some years watching their children grow as Elijah was off in search of Niklaus. From then on they became like a family to me, Cecilia mothering me teaching me more about witchcraft and Jean looking out for me like a father showing me the ways of the wolf. When El returned I took my leave with him secretly always coming back to check in on them from time to time.

"Well well looks like the alpha has gone grey." Laughter came with my words as he turned around.

"You know some of us can't hold on to our beauty and you like you, Isolde." His joking smile lit up his face as he hugged me.

Hugging him tightly I breathed in his familiar scent. Jean always smelled like a forest after a spring rain. It was a soothing scent that put me at peace.

Pulling back I held him at arms length. "You know I could change that for you now. You and Cecilia could turn and live forever with no fear of age or death."

Jean chuckled shaking his head. "No my child that is not the life for us. We will live our years and then return to the Earth like we should."

Giving a sigh I rolled my eyes at his answer. "The pair of you can never make it easy on me can you?"

Quickly he grabbed my hand that I had been waving around, examining the ring that sat on my finger. "Now what is this Isolde? Is there a lucky man I should be calling my son?"

"Yes, pere´ there is. He's just in the other room with Cici." I nodded my head towards the front of the shop.

"Please child tell me he's a wolf." He gave me a pointed look waiting for my answer.

A small chuckle passed my lips. "He's got a little wolf, a little vampire. He's the one I was searching for when we met, Niklaus."

His loud laughter filled the room. "That damn woman is always right about things."

"What are you talking about old man? Is there something you two have been keeping from me?" I asked giving him a suspicious look.

"Cecilia had a vision while you lived with us that you would fall for this man they call the original hybrid. I told her she was a fool, but now we see she was correct once again." He gave another short laugh shaking his head in disbelief.

"Would you like to meet him? They are discussing what I am but I'm sure they can spare a moment for you." I gave a questioning glance to the man before me.

Jean threw his arm over my shoulder with a sweet smile on his handsome face. "Of course I want to meet him Isolde. I need to see the great man that managed to get my child to fall foe him."

I smiled up at the kind man who so many years ago became the only real father I had ever known. Their family had shown me such kindness even after knowing what I was. A kindness and caring that not even my real family had ever shown. They accepted me as their child and I would forever be grateful to them for showing what it meant to be part of a family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the lack of updating in the past week or so. My children and I have all had the flu and we had company from out of town. I will be pushing out a few more chachapters soon now that I'm feeling better. Thank you all so much for the reads, recs, and subscription. I also have this story on wattpad. I will be post more stories soon and if you happen to enjoy my writing and would like to request a story message me. Love you all enjoy :)