Status: Active

The Fallen One

Chapter 13

Klaus' POV

It had been two weeks since Isolde accepted my offer to be mine. I could not have been any happier that she said yes. Rebekah had come back at Elijah's request a week ago and since then her and Isolde had been at each other's throats. It had been quite eventful to say the least. Bekah may be older but Isolde held much more power and malice in her. Neither one had a problem with playing dirty.

Tonight though I dared to leave the two alone together under the watchful eyes of Liam and Noah. Elijah wanted to get drinks together so I reluctantly agreed. The whole time we were away I was concerned about what the state of the house and two females would be in when we got home. Though upon returning to the mansion I heard laughter and music coming from the parlor.

Standing at the entrance I could not help the smile that made it's way to my face. The two girls were standing on the coffee table, dancing, and singing Stand By Me to each other. Liam, Noah, and to my surprise Kol sat laughing at them. As the music faded and the girls stopped singing, bursting out in laughter, Elijah and I started clapping. They looked to us before sharing another look, laughing, and taking a bow.

"Glad to see the two of you have made up. I was sure the house would be destroyed and the two of you would be bloody messes." I said smiling as I hugged them both.

Is gave me a smile before looking at Kol. "Well some idiot showed up and locked us in the pantry until we decided to make up and play nice."

"Hey, I came home to the two of you trying to kill each other while these two hybrid blocks sat doing nothing. I had to do something. I couldn't have my sister and sister in law ripping each other to shreds, congratulations by the way Nik on making an honest woman out of her." Kol threw his arms around Isolde and I as he spoke.

"Enough with that. It's karaoke night, now who's next?" Rebekah smiled at me almost hinting.

Shaking my head I gave her a look. "No I am not participate in this."

Bekah gave a sigh rolling her eyes. "Fine, you don't have to sing but will you at least join us for the fun."

"Of course he will." Isolde said grabbing Kol's hand. "Now come Kol let's show them how this is done."

Sitting on the couch I watched as she and Kol took the spot where they had cleared of furniture and grabbed the mics.

Kol sent me a smirk. "Now watch, dear brother, as I show you how to woo your wife."

"Try as you might brother but I don't believe you will succeed. I know where her loyalty lies." I gave a laugh causing Is to smile at me.

With that the music started and they sang.

Summer after high school when we first met
We'd make out in your Mustang to Radiohead
And on my 18th Birthday
We got matching tattoos

Used to steal your parents' liquor
And climb to the roof
Talk about our future
Like we had a clue
Never planned that one day
I'd be losing you

In another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away

I was June and you were my Johnny Cash
Never one without the other, we made a pact
Sometimes when I miss you
I put those records on (Whoa)

Someone said you had your tattoo removed
Saw you downtown singing the Blues
It's time to face the music
I'm no longer your muse

But in another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away
The o-o-o-o-o-oneĀ [x3]
The one that got away

[Bridge:]
All this money can't buy me a time machine (Nooooo)
Can't replace you with a million rings (Nooooo)
I should've told you what you meant to me (Whoa)
'Cause now I pay the price

In another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away
The o-o-o-o-o-oneĀ [x3]

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away

I hated to admit it but they sang beautifully together. But Isolde had an amazing voice as did Kol. I knew though that she would never leave me. The way she smile at me when she sang made my heart soar like an eagle. Looking over I noticed Liam, Noah, and to my surprise a slightly tipsy Elijah trading places with them.

As they started to sing some boy band song Isolde sat on my lap, laughing. Leaning close to her ear I whisper. "So sweetheart did it work?"

"Never." She gave me a sweet grin before kissing my lips.

"I knew it wouldn't but if you would like I will woo you tonight when we are alone." I started kissing from her ear down her neck enticing a small moan from her.

Is flipped herself around so she was straddling my lap. She started trailing kisses up my neck, stopping by my ear causing me to growl. "Or you could take me upstairs right now and make wild, passionate, animalistic, love to me."

Standing I held onto her as she tightened her legs around me.

"Oh come on your horny bastards! The two of you can barely keep your hands to yourselves. Are the pair of you in heat or something?" Kol yelled out, laughing, causing Isolde to giggle.

We sat soaking in the bath together after hours of leaving the festivities down stairs to have our own. Isolde's back pressed against my chest. She was humming an old song as she ran her fingers along my arm. I decided to ask a few questions I had been pondering on for some time now.

"Sweetheart when did you stop aging?" I asked placing a small kiss on her shoulder.
"Hmmm I believe it was around the time I turned 21. It's hard to say really, it's been so long ago now. Plus being held captive by my father I lost track of time on occasion. Why do you ask?" She tilted her head towards me.

I gave a soft smile. "Just curious is all Izzy. No one really knows much about what you are, I'm simply trying to understand a little more."

Her sweet giggle filled the air as she stood from the tub wrapping a towel around her body. "Well if you care to know more I have a friend, Cecilia Devereaux, in New Orleans who has been doing research for me for years now."

"Ah my kingdom. What do you say we take a trip there?" I wrapped a towel around my waist turning to her.

A malicious smile formed on her perfect face. "Your kingdom isn't to fond of me honey, but I suppose it would be nice to get away. Just the two us."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the music they are singing.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K0-ucWKiTps
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay this is sort of just a filler chapter. I promise it will get more exciting so please stick with me. Let me know what you think and follow me. I will be posting more stories soon. Thank you all for reading :)