Status: Active

The Fallen One

Chapter 16

Isolde's POV

Sitting in the claw foot tub I admired the crimson color the water turned as I washed the blood from my body. The steam wafted from the water much like a fog on a cool winter morning. After leaving Cecilia's shop I made a stop by the bar Marcel's people frequented. I let out the rage I was feeling towards Niklaus out on them and when I left not a single body was left alive. I felt extremely hurt and angry by his actions tonight. How could he choose that arrogant little prick over me. As I closed my eyes leaning back I felt his presence in the room.

"What do you want Niklaus? I would prefer not to be in your company tonight." My words came out cold and void of emotion.

"Isolde please do not be angry with me. I was only protecting you." Nik's words were desperate and pleading.

A cold humorless laugh escaped my lips as I stepped from the tub placing a towel around my body. "I do not need your protection. I've done more damage in my life than you could ever dream about, dear. While you had your family to watch your back all those years I had no one. You chose someone else over me tonight and I highly doubt you can say anything to make that alright."

He sighed as he stood behind me looking at me through the mirror. "Yes there is love. Now please put on some clothes and talk to me."

"I told you, I do not wish to be in your company tonight. Now let me be Niklaus." I said as I turned to leave the bathroom.

I knew I was acting childish but he hurt me. Nik had never told me no or went against me before and it hurt. He had been acting strange since he talked to Cici and I was half way wishing we had never come here to begin with. This city and the people in it were causing nothing but problems.

After getting dressed I turned to see Niklaus staring at me with a blank sad expression. That look caused something in me to snap as I push him away from me. "What!? What did she tell you? Was it the fact that if I don't feed every so often I lose it. Or that I have so much power running through me that if I don't let it out it causes me pain. Or did she tell you about my childhood? All the suffering, beating, torture, and other unspeakable things inflicted upon me by my family and others they brought in to help with the sick things they did? Tell what it is that is causing you to look at me like that!"

Pain flashed through his eyes as I screamed at him and it instantly made me crumble. "Please just tell me what she said to make you look at me that way. Tell me what it is that made you not let me treat Marcel the way I choose. Tell me why you are looking at me like I'm a broken toy."

Nik squatted in front of me wiping away tears that I didn't even know were falling. "Love you are no toy, you are my wife, my queen. Cecilia did not tell me of your past, though I wish you would share that part of yourself with me. She shared something with me you will not believe when I tell you. I myself am having a hard time believing it but she assures me she can prove it."

"What is it Nik?" My eyebrows furrowed as the question left my lips.

A deep sigh came from him as he looked down as if he were trying to figure out how to say the thing bothering him. A few silent moments passed before he looked back into my eyes. "You are carrying my child Isolde."

"That is not possible Niklaus and you know that. This is some kind of sick joke. How could I carry a child?" I jerked myself to my feet and began pacing.

"That is precisely what I said but Cecilia insists that it is possible because we are hybrids and not completely vampire. Have you been feeling any different lately my love?" His question made me stop.

When I did not answer Nik tilted my chin forcing me to look at him. "You have, haven't you Is?"

"Yes. I feel as if everything inside of me is in overdrive. Nothing is satisfying my appetite." I sighed sitting on the bed placing my head in my hands before looking back up to him. "What are we going to do Nik? I can not bring a child into the chaos I have created in this world. Our enemies will surely use this against us."

"Love, if you wish to have this child I will not let harm fall on either of you but now you see why I said what I did earlier about Marcel. Although he has angered me and I believe the time will come soon for us to take my kingdom back." Niklaus placed a kiss on my hand after he was done speaking

Taking his hand in mine I looked into the beautiful blue eyes that made me weak in the knees. "What do you want Nik? Do you want this child? Do you wish for us to be a family?"

He gave a slight smile and a hint of a spark formed in his eyes. "I have been wandering around the city trying to decide on where I stand the situation at hand. I would enjoy being able to give you and I the family we never had but always craved. My only concern,other than the one you have expressed, is what it will do to you which I intend to ask Cecilia about tomorrow when we go to her home. If you are willing to go through with it I want to have this child. I will be calling in our family to protect you and the baby."

Placing a kiss on his soft lips I gave a nod. "Every king needs an heir Niklaus and I will give you your heir my king. I have faith that you, I, and our family will protect this child."

As I lay in bed beside Niklaus sleep would not come to me. I silently pondered the many different ways a child would affect our lives. I found myself wondering what it would be like to nurture a small life. I had only ever destroyed things in this world and did not believe I would be able to care for a child. No one had shown me love as a child how could I possibly love a child myself. Doubt clouded my mind and at this moment I do not want this baby but the glint in Nik's eyes when he talked about a family made me want it for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again thank you all so much for reading. I hope you enjoy. Keep up with the recs, subscription, comments, and reading. I love you all :)