Status: Active

The Fallen One

Chapter 24

soldes POV

I had spent the last two days ripping my way through a few small towns while I fed on anyone that crossed my path. I could not reign in what little control I once held over the demons that ran wild through my body. My sanity was long gone and the only thought I could form in my mind was revenge. I would make them suffer but I needed my strength which is exactly why I was ripping out people's throats like a rabid animal. The small, pathetic little town of Mystic Falls would once again feel my wrath.

When I made my way into the sleepy town I decided my first stop would be the Mystic Bar and Grill. With it being the only hang out in town I knew more than one of the Scooby gang would probably be there. A sly smirk formed on my plump lips as I watched Alaric and Damon stroll towards a table far in the back.

Using my enhanced hearing I listened as Damon spoke. "I'm telling you Ric we all need to get the hell out of dodge before she returns. You have no clue what she is capable of."

"There has to be a way to stop her. I mean there has to be a way to kill her as well. We didn't believe there was a way to kill Klaus, but Bonnie found a way." Alaric's words set a fiery pain a blaze in me.

Flashing to them I sat gingerly at the table while they both had a look of shock and fear on their faces. "I suggest you don't move because I have no issue causing a bloody scene right here. Also do NOT mention Nik again if you want your hearts to remain in your chests. Do you understand me?"

Sharing a look before they turned their attention back to me they gave a stiff nod as I smiled. "Good boys now here is what you will do. Ric here will be coming with me and you my dear Damon will be getting Elena's witchy little best friend. You have three hours to bring her to me at the Lockwood cellar or Ric here will get to know what it's like to die for real."

Standing I grabbed Ric by the arm shoving him along with me before we got far I looked over my shoulder at the man I once called my brother leaving him with a final warning. "Oh and Damon do not try anything funny because in case you forgot I can compel you to kill everyone you hold dear."

I leaned against the weathered old stone wall of the Lockwood cellar watching Alaric as he paced back and forth. Unlike the others he had yet to start the incessant whining they were all so fond of doing. Just when I was thinking I could actually stand being around him he had to open his mouth.

"You know you are not the only one who has lost someone they love Isolde. Klaus killed Jenna after you made sure she was a vampire." He had stopped moving and was full on facing me now.

Pushing away from the wall I looked him in his eyes. "Since you are all so fond of asking questions let me ask you something. Did you love before Jenna? Will you love again Ric?"

"Yes I did love before here and I am sure if I found the right person I could love again but not for a very long time." His face wore a skeptical look as he answered my question.

"That is why I am doing this. Klaus was my only love. There will never be another who I will be able to love. You lot took everything that keep me grounded. He was the only good thing to ever come to me in the one hundred and seventy two years I have been alive. So do not tell me you hurt the same as I do because the pain you felt is nothing compared to losing the only love you will ever experience." I turned feeling the anger swell in my body as I grabbed the wooden chair that sat by the wall hurling it only inches from his head.

"You really did love each other didn't you?" Alaric was cautious as he asked his question.

Scoffing I shook my head. "Why do all of you believe that what we had was not as real as anything you feel? Because we are monsters?"

He lost a bit of the caution he held earlier as he spoke. "Well yes. The two of you want nothing but to cause pain to everyone else. It is difficult to believe that two people who enjoy evil as much as you could truly feel something like love for anyone."

"We were not always evil Alaric. Our families made us the creatures we are today. I'm sure the idiots who are so in love with Elena have never spoke of the life that led me to become who I am." My lips were tight as the words came out cold.

Before Alaric could speak Damon, Bonnie, Caroline, and Jeremy Gilbert came through the door of the cellar. Damon, Caroline, and Jeremy held hard, hate filled looks on their faces as Bonnie just looked frightened to be near me. This brought me pleasure and so would what I was about to do.

Snapping Alaric's neck I heard them yelling causing me to look at them. "Now that I have your attention children lets chat."

"Why did you do that? We were here on time!" Little Gilbert screamed as Damon held him back.

A sadistic laugh came from my body as I looked at the pain on his face. "Simply because you have pissed me off and you need to pay."

Breaking free of Damon he rushed at me. Smiling I flashed forward grabbing him before Damon was able to. I wanted so badly to kill him right then but I needed him a little while longer.

Placing his back firmly against my chest I placed my hand on his chest much like Stefan had done to Klaus. "Now little witch you will find a way to bring Niklaus back to me or I will rip little Jeremy's heart from his body and feed it to you."

"I can't do that. I am not strong enough and even if I was I do not know a spell to do that kind of magic." Bonnie's lies came out shaky as she looked into my eyes trying to get me to believe them.

"Hmmm you know I do not believe you for one second. Let's see if I can give you an incentive to tell the truth." Pressing my fingers harder into Jeremy's chest his agony started fill the air as he screamed.

When I heard her voice again I stopped but did not remove my fingers from his chest. "I may be able to find the spell but you will have to give me time. Why can't you bring him back, you are more powerful than I will ever be?"

"Because you dim little girl it was not my spell that killed him, it was yours. Therefore it has to be yours that undoes it." I spat my words at her like they were burning coals as I threw Jeremy to the ground.

Turning to Caroline I pointed at her ushering her to me. "I will give you six hours to find a way to undo what you did or I will follow through with my promise to rip his heart out. You blondie will be coming with me as collateral."

With that I left them in the cellar as I took my leave with the tall, blonde baby vampire. Making my way to the home I once shared with my husband I walked through the doorway sitting in the parlor. Caroline stood nervously at the entrance to the room looking at the floor not making a sound.

Feeling the presence of someone else in the room my hand shot out grabbing the man's arm as he tried to stake me. Standing I grabbed him by the throat as Caroline fought with another shortly before being injected with vervein. Just as I was about to rip the man's throat out I felt a sharp pain in my back followed by my world going black.

Once I came to I looked down seeing the wooden point of a stake coming through my chest. Growling I reached behind me grabbing hold of the thick wood groaning as I yanked it from my body. Looking around I realized I was in the back if a van Caroline chained to the wall opposite of me. Before I was able to speak the van was flipping in the air causing my body to flip with it. Just as I got my footing on the roof of the van the backdoor was ripped off revealing Tyler Lockwood who promptly yanked Caroline free ushering me to follow him.

Out in the woods just off the highway we stopped causing Caroline to yelp in joy. "Oh my god Tyler you're back."

Before he could speak she jumped him promptly shoving her tongue down his throat. Rolling my eyes I turned starting to walk away for the sight I was seeing. Before I made it far though I heard something that stopped me in my tracks.

"Sorry love, blondes are not really my thing." The voice that came out was Tyler's but the way he spoke was not.

Turning on my heels I found a smiling Tyler and a confused Caroline. "Nik? Is that you?"

He smirked at me before he spoke. "The one and only love."

Flashing forward I had him pushed into the nearest tree. My lips tightly locked with his as he wrapped his arms around my thin frame. He quickly changed the position in true Niklaus from always needing to be in control causing me to smirk against the kiss.

As quickly as it started though I ended it pushing him away. "As much as I love you Nik this is weird. I do not wish to be making out with Tyler Lockwood. He's not really my type at all."

Laughing a true laugh he placed his arm around my shoulder. "Well then sweetheart, let's go get my body back shall we."