Status: Active

The Fallen One

Chapter 8

Isolde's POV

Niklaus and I had tore through the rest of my guest in no time at all.  Sitting in the middle of all the chaos I broke out a bottle of burbon I found.  Laying back placing my head on his lap looking up at his face.  Taking a long swig from the bottle before I passed it off .  A sigh passed my lips as I closed my eyes.

Opening them again I noticed he was looking down at me.  I felt as though now was the best time to tell him what I had that Elijah wanted. "I have your family Niklaus."

His brow furrowed.  "Why do you have my family love?"

"Rebeka and I are actually great friends but the reason I took them was to protect them from Mikael."  When his name left my lips Klaus stiffened.

"Are they.."  I placed my finger on his lips to stop him.

"They are fine Niklaus and Mikael is some where no one will find him." Sitting up I ran my hand along his jaw line.  I felt a strong need to comfort him which confused me.

He brought my hand to his lips placing a kiss on my palm.  "I want to wake them love."

I nodded standing to my feet.  "Wait outside and I will take you to them when I am finished here."

Walking around the room I collected the I.D. from each body.  It was something I did when I killed.  I had boxes of them back at the house that no one knew about.  Making my way down to the bottom of the steps I cast my eyes to the house once more sitting it on fire.  Turning back Niklaus was gazing at me smiling.

Suddenly he was in front of me.  "You are something extrodinary Isolde."

A genuine smile was on my lips for the first time in a long time but it was short lived as a thought crept from the back of my mind.  "I suppose your family and you will want me to leave once you wake them."

He took my face between his hand making me look at him.  "If it is my choice love you will not leave my side."

"Thank you Niklaus I do not wish to be alone again."  I placed a kiss on his stubbled cheek.

Letting the hot water of the shower pour over my body washing away the evidence of the past four days.  I retreated here once I showed Niklaus and Elijah the hidden room where I had the coffins.  I thought they may like some privacy for their reunion with Kol and Rebekah.  I was confused when he asked where the other two coffins were.  When I took them they were the only two there, someone must have gotten to them before I did.

Niklaus' words were replaying in my head over and over like a record.  Something was happening inside me that I did not understand and I needed my only friend besides Elijah to talk to once she was awake.  Rebekah had been my best friend for a very long time.  How I did not meet Niklaus before is a mystery although I was not looking for him until after I met Mikael.  He is the one that told me what Niklaus was and after that it was all I could think about.

When the water started to run cold I grabbed a towel wrapping my body in the soft white material.  Stepping into my room I saw my friend rummaging through the closet.  I fought back the smile that wanted to form on my lips.

"Bekah dear what do you think you are doing?" I tried to keep the smile off my face as she spun around in shock.

A smile light up her gorgeous face as she ran to me throwing her arms around me.  "Izzy what are you doing here?"

"I'm the one that was protecting you and Kol.  I'm also the one that helped Niklaus."  I returned her hug enjoying the feeling of having my friend back.

"Why would you do that Izzy?" She asked holding me at arms lenght.

A sigh passed my plump lips.  "You know why Bek.  He's like me he knows how it feels to be something that no one else is.  Look I know you just woke up and all but I need to talk would you mind?  There's something going on that I don't understand."

Rebekah clasped her hands together with a smile.  "You know I always have time to talk with you dear."

  Looking at the door I saw Niklaus standing in his doorway looking over at me.  Walking to the door I closed it hearing him chuckle on the other side.  Finding a shirt I stole from him I slide it on with a pair of my sleep shorts before turning to my blonde friend.

"Please do not laugh at me when I tell you this Bek because I honestly have no clue what it is but I keep getting this feeling that I can't place." Sitting next to her she turned her head to me.

Bekah grabbed my hands placing them on her head.  "Well come on sweetie lets have it.  If you don't know what it is I doubt you can describe it so show me."

Shortly after I began her eyes snapped wide and her mouth hung slightly agape.  "Oh dear lord Izzy how can you not know what that is?"

I shrugged.  "I don't know I've never felt that before."

"That is the beginning of something wonderful Izzy.  That is what it feels like to care for someone possibly even love them."  Her smirk played on her face.

Jumping up quickly I shook my head.  "That's not true you are lying to me.  It is impossible I can't love."

Pacing I stopped when I heard her giggle.  "Who is it that is making you feel like this Izzy?"

"Oh no ma'am I am not telling you that."  Turning my back on her I closed my eyes trying to rack my brain to figure this out. 

Was I having feelings for Niklaus?  How was this even possible the witch told me I was curse to be alone, to never find love or peace.  Starting out my door I ran into him on the way out.  I couldn't even look at his face. The need to be alone overwhelmed my sense.  Side stepping I made my way downstairs and out the door to the swing.  My enhanced hearing picked up on Niklaus yelling at Rebekah.

"What did you tell her about me Rebekah?"  There was an edge in his voice.

She scoffed.  "Nothing Nik.  We didn't even discuss you."

He let out a low growl.  "Then what did you discuss because she will not even look at me."

Rebekah let out a gasp which caused me to groan.  Before I knew what was happening she was standing before me.  Keeping my head on my knees I refused to look up at her.  She was talking a mile a minute waving her hands about in the air saying how wonderful this is.  As she twirled around I took the opportunity to bolt in the house and up the stairs right into Niklaus' room.  Locking the door I rested my back against it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you are enjoying it so far. Let me know :)