Status: It will be slow at first...bear with me.

Time to Fly

Surprise!

"We are now landing in Surprise, Arizona. Thank you for selecting Southwest Airlines." The flight attendent announced over the intercome.

I started to shake with anicipation. It's been three years since I've last seen my mom and her wife.

Yes you heard me. My mom and her wife.

When I was 10, my mom and dad divorced because she wasn't happy and had been living a lie. When I was 12, she introduced my brother, Ashton and I to her girlfriend, Chloe Marie Swift-Davis.

It was a shocker to Ashton and I that our mom, a realtor agent, was dating a world known fashion designer.

When I was 13, and Ashton was 14, Chloe became our step mom and we moved out here to Surprise, Arizona.

Then I decided to run away a year later and live with my dad back in Iowa.

Now here I am, stepping off the plane in Surprise, looking for my mom.

"RILEY!" I heard my name being yelled across the airport.

"RILEY, YOU FAT LARD!" I recognized my brothers voice and soon could point him out and that's when I sprinted.

My brother and I have always been close, and it hit him the hardest when I decided to bolt and go up to Iowa.

"ASHTON, YOU FAT ASS!" I tackled my brother in a huge hug and then pulled him away to look at his outfit.

"Mom let you out of the house in that outfit?" I joked with him.

"Excuse you, young lady." My mother looked at me.

"Sorry mom." I walked up to her and gave her a huge hug.

"You look lovely my dear. It's been 3 long years." She held me out in front of her to look me up and down. "How was your father?" She asked as we started to walk out of the airport.

I knew this subject would come up.

When I first ran away, my mother demanded me to come back claiming my father was "unfit" and didn't know how to take care of me. But after the first year, she decided this was best for me.

"He's good. He sends his greetings." I mumbled to her as I jumped into our black SUV.

I let Ashton take the front seat, due to the fact I didn't want to sit by my mother.

Do not get me wrong, my mother and I have a great relationship. But ever since she married Chloe, and we got money, she's been flaunting it and I've been trying to hide it.

After a long hour drive, we arrived back at home and I saw a bright yellow bug in our driveway.

"There's someone here for you." Ashton stated as he grabbed my back.

"YOU'RE FUCKING BACK! FINALLY! YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU!? YOU EVER LEAVE ME AGAIN, I'LL SKIN YOU!" My best friend and cousin, Josie screamed at me before she came running out of my house and tackled me.

"I'm sorry, Jos! I'm sorry!" I laughed as we laid on the grass together. "I had to go though."

She faked sniffled. "Next time take me, okay? These last three years have been hell." She grabbed me into a huge as hug then got up and straightened her outfit.

"Damn shorty, when did you get all hot?" I joked with her as I stood up.

"Someone had to become hot when her best friend left her." She glared at me. "Oh! I have a friend I would like you to meet." She grabbed my arm and pulled me into my house.

I noticed a girl sitting on my couch.

"Olivia this is Riley. Riley this is Olivia!" Josie screamed at us and I waved a quick hello to the Olivia girl.

"Hi. It's nice to finally meet you. Josie has told me lots about you." She spoke quietly.

"Really? I hope they were all good." I laughed and soon Josie and Olivia joined in.

"They were, bitch. Don't forget that I do have some bad shit on you." Josie yelled.

Before anyone could talk, we heard the front door slam and a frustrated sigh.

"No Joesph. My daughter is coming home today, and I am out of the office until Tuesday." I looked at Josie with panicked eyes realizing it was Chloe.

"Yes." Long pause. "No! I will have Amanda do all the work. It is fine, Joesph." Chloe walked into the living room and stopped talking.

"I am getting off the phone, my daughter is here. Goodbye Joe, see you Tuesday." She threw her phone in her Chanel and threw both of them on the couch and came to me.

"My baby girl! You've grown!" She wrapped me in a big hug and kissed my cheek.

"Hey mom." I hugged her back tightly.

Chloe is like my mom. I don't count her as my step mom, I don't count her as Chloe. She is a wonderful lady, and is my moms best friend.

For the longest time, Chloe thought I ran away because of her. I finally broke it to her that it wasn't, and that I just needed to get away from all the business of Arizona.

"Are you excited to be back? Are you excited to start school tomorrow? Oh Riles, I'm so happy you're back. Ashton was driving me crazy!" She screamed loudly.

"I HEARD THAT!" Ashton yelled as he walked out of the kitchen, hands on hips.

"You were supposed toooo!" Chloe sang at him as she hugged Josie. "Hey Jose. Who's the friend?" Chloe looked at Olivia, who looked like she was about to pass out.

"Oh crap! I forgot!" Josie grabbed Olivia and stood her up. "Olivia, this is -"

"You're - You're-" Olivia let out a big squeal that scared everyone, including my real mom. "YOU'RE CHLOE MARIE SWIFT-DAVIS OF SWIFT-DAVIS DESIGNS! OH MY GOD. NO ONE TOLD ME YOU HAD KIDS THAT WENT TO MY SCHOOL!" She screamed then looked at Josie , "YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOUR STEP AUNT WAS CHLOE!" She shook Josie.

"At least I don't need to do any introductions!" Chloe laughed and hugged Olivia. "Hello dear, it's nice to meet you. A friend of any of my kids and dear niece, is a friend of mine. Now where is my smoking wife?"

With that, Chloe and my mom disappeared into the kitchen.

"Olivia, breathe." Josie screamed at her trying to get Olivia to calm down.

"I'm so sorry for freaking out. I hope you don't hate me now." Olivia grabbed my hand.

"It's fine. We're used to it, a lot." I said as Ashton shook his head with me.

"Oh, since mom decided to mention school, what should I know that has changed?" I questioned.

"Oh there's so much to tell." Josie laughed as we sat down.

And for three hours straight, I got told of all the changes.

Now my heart is racing for school tomorrow...
♠ ♠ ♠
WELL WELL WELL.

Guess who's back.. back again. Shelly's back..tell a friend!

It has taken me a month to write this. Tell me what you think.

Kay bye!