Status: On-going

Better in Time

Chapter 22: Getting What I Want

Juelz’s POV

"Morning babe" I greeted Daniel as he walked into the kitchen. He mumbled a greeting back before heading to the fridge and taking out some orange juice.

"So I was thinking we could go shopping for the baby today?" I suggested as I continued to eat my breakfast.

"Sure whatever" he shrugged as he continued to drink his juice.

It took everything in me to not snap at him but I knew I had to be patient if things between him and I were gonna go back to the way they were. It’s been three weeks since Callie’s departure to Cambodia and Daniel was still mopping around. I had hoped that the time apart would have made him come running back into my arms but apparently I had to work a little harder for that to happen.

I took a deep breath before addressing him.

"Look Daniel" I called as he turned and looked directly at me. "I know you’re hurting and I’m sorry about that. But don’t you think it’s time to move on with your life, considering Callie has done so with hers? We’re 5 weeks away from being parents and I’d like to bring this child into an environment of love and security. But how can we do that when you walk around like your world has been torn apart"

"THAT’S BECUASE IT HAS BEEN" he yelled back. "I know you don’t understand what it feels like to have your heart ripped out by someone you care deeply about but that what losing Callie has done to me. I’m sorry if my pain makes you uncomfortable but I’m hurting right now and there’s nothing no one can do to take the pain away" he continued to explain as I rolled my eyes.

"You are pathetic, you know that?" I answered as he started back at me in shock. "Do you honestly think she’s acting the way you are?" I questioned.

He opened his mouth to respond but I shook my head no and continued to speak.

"No she isn’t because she’s moved on with her life. I don’t buy for one second that she left because the situation was uncomfortable for her. She left because she doesn’t love you Daniel. Not the way that I do. If she did love you, she would have stayed and tried to make this work. Callie is a coward and she didn’t deserve you. But I" I said as I stood up and walked towards him" I love you with all my heart and I’d do anything to make this work. You and this baby are all I have and you are all I’ll ever need"

I said as I took his hand and placed it on my large belly.

"Don’t you see how good we are as a family? This is your future Daniel" I said, referring to me and the baby. "Callie is the past. So stop mopping and start being thankful for what you do have rather than what has walked out of your life" I ended dramatically before starting the trek towards my room.

That should get him.

"Juelz wait" he called as I reached the stairs. I turned around slowly as I saw him walk closer to me.

"You’re right" he said as he held my hands and smiled at me. "You and this baby are my family and future now. And I’ll do anything to please you. So why don’t you go upstairs and change and then we can go shopping for the baby?" he questioned as a smile broke out on my face. I nodded my head yes as I moved my face closer to Daniel so we could kiss.

The kiss was brief and lacked passion but I knew that with time that would change.

"Just give me a few minutes then we can leave" I announced when we pulled apart. He nodded his head in agreement before letting go of my hands and watching me walk upstairs.

That was easier than I thought. Now all I had to do was to make sure all the papers know about mine and his rekindled romance.

~

Lisa’s POV

"Please tell me you hate it there and you’ll come home soon?" I pleaded with Callie as we continued to talk over the phone.

"Actually I love it here but I will be home sooner than you think" she answered while laughing.

After that there was a brief silence as I knew she was contemplating whether or not to ask me about a certain footballer.

"How is he?" she whispered.

"Better than when you left"

"That’s good. And Juelz?"

"Uhhmm… She’s still pregnant" I tried to joke but none of us laughed.

"Just tell me Lis, I can handle it"

I took a deep breath before answering.

"It’s only been a couple of days but they are back together. Daniel called to tell us last night to let us know because he didn’t want us to read about in the paper"

"Read about it in the paper? What does that mean?"

I ran a hand over my own belly before admitting that Daniel and Juelz had done an exclusive interview with some trashy newspaper about impending parenthood as well as their plans for the future.

"I didn’t take him for the kind of guy that runs to the media about his personal life" she said after a few minutes.

"Yeah me neither but I doubt Juelz gave him an option" I defended him. She gave a short laugh before speaking.

"Daniel is a grown man Lisa, no one can make him do what he doesn’t want to" she snapped at me.

"I know but you know what Juelz is like. She never takes no for an answer"

"Yeah whatever. Look I have to go but I’ll call you soon yeah?!"

"Wait" I said loudly before she hung up. "He loves you and that’s never gonna change" I offered but Callie just answered with an ok before hanging up.

I looked at the phone before putting it back down in the holster and leaning back into the couch. In the midst of my contemplation, I heard the front door bang shut and Fernando call my name.

"I’m in here" I called as I waited for him to join me.

His face was red with anger but he still went through the pleasantries of kissing me hello before I asked him what’s wrong.

"Have you seen todays paper?"

"Are Juelz and Daniel on the front cover?" I asked dully as he shook his head no. From the stern look on his face I knew something was wrong so I grabbed the paper that he held tightly and opened it up.

I gasped in horror as I stared at the caption and images that were on the front page.

Torres’ girlfriend: An X-rated star

"Whe-where did they get this?" I began to cry.

"Juan sold the story and the tape to the highest bidder" Fernando admitted as he held me close. "I’m going to kill him when I get my hands on him" he threatened as I started to cry.

"No" I whispered after a few more minutes of crying.

"What do you mean no?"

"I mean this isn’t just his fault it’s mine to so if you hurt him, you have to hurt me too" I explained as he looked at me confused. "Look Fernando, I’ve been thinking" I began as I pulled myself out of his grip and sat up straight. "Maybe we should take some time apart" I explained as he shook his head no. "It’s just for a little while, so that the media can just back off"

"But they’ll only get worse if they know we have separated"

"I know but this is the only way" I tried to reason as he continued to object. We went back and forth in regards to what we should do but there was nothing he could say that would change my mind.

I knew that the day would come when I’d have to deal with Juan and the distribution of our sex tape, but I didn’t expect it to be now, with everything in my life slowly falling into place.

"So what do you suggest we do?" Fernando asked after we were both done yelling.

"We don’t do anything. You are gonna focus on your football and getting into the Chelsea starting eleven. And I" I started before taking a deep breath "And I’m going back to Hawaii"

"WHAT?"

"It’s only until everything blows over" I explained as he shook his head no. "I promise it’ll be fine. We will be fine “I reassured him.

"How long are you going for?"

"Until I feel like Juan isn’t a threat to me or our family"

"But that could take weeks or months" Fernando countered and I agreed.

"I know but this is the only way. I don’t feel safe anymore" I cried as he held me close. He let me cry it out before raising my chin up and asking me to look at him.

"I promise you… everything will be OK. I’ll take care of this and make sure Juan never hurts us again"
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued...