Status: Complete | Finished <3

The Fat Bubble Gum

The Fat Bubble Gum

The Fat Bubble Gum. That’s how people used to call Angela, the new girl in school. They gave her the nickname because she had a big tummy, a large amount of fat under her arms, two large thighs and long pink hair that looked like bubble gum.

People would tell Angela that she would never find a boyfriend because boys don’t think fat bubble gums are attractive. They would tell her that no cute boys would want her in their bed, not that she could fit in them. She was such a turn off with all those fast food remnants in her stomach.

Popular students, including myself, would make fun of Angela. They would make her books fall to the ground, push her and beat her. The only thing they never did is to put her in a locker. It’s not that they didn’t want to; she just would not fit into it.

I remember one time where the science teacher formed the teams for a project. I found myself being stuck with this big pile of fat. I simply ordered her to do the entire job. There was no way I was going to act friendly with that thing.

Angela never fought back. She would let us do whatever we wanted to do. In fact, Angela barely spoke. The only words I ever heard her say to her bullies were ‘’January 1st, 2015’’.

The last time I saw Angela was on January 1st, 2014 at Taco Bell. Dear Angela, you’ll always see her eating nasty food. I wonder if her belly could get so big that it would explode. She sure is on her way there.

I’ve never seen her since then. I heard that she switched school. It’s no surprise since nobody really liked her in my school. Poor Angela, she was probably thinking that things would get better in a different place. Things never get better for a fat bubble gum. She had nothing for her and she never will.

The reason I’m thinking about Angela is because I’m currently in a sushi shop with a beautiful girl who has the same hair color as her. I don’t even know her name, but I know for sure that she is a cutie. I would kill to have her in my bed, and I made it clear to her. She got shy and headed to the bathroom.

She finally comes back after ten minutes of being in there.

''Today is January 1st, 2015,’’ she says.

Wait.

She hands me a sheet of paper with many words on it. It goes like this:

It’s been exactly a year since I last saw you. Do you remember? We were both at Taco Bell! January 1st, 2014. On that day, I became somebody else. From that day, I promised myself to take care of my health and my appearance. I did it for me. And I never broke my promise since then.

You’re so funny you know? I remember hearing you say how ugly I was. I remember hearing you say I would never get in a boy’s bed. But here you are, asking me to have sex with you.

It’s crazy how things can change in a year, but you’re not one of them.


The Fat Bubble Gum.

Angela flashes me her best smile before leaving me on my own along with a $60 bill.
♠ ♠ ♠
entry for the Sticking to It contest :)