Status: On hiatus until Age of Ultron release

Brooklyn Baby

Avengers Assemble

My feet lightly touched down on the window as a figure shot up in the bed. The blood that covered my body thankfully not too much. New York was more active than DC, I guess that's why I wanted to move. That and Steve missed Brooklyn. I was out more hours and that worried Steve.

"How...Are you okay?!" Steve asked as he ran toward me.

"Don't worry Hun, just another day on the job." I spoke lightly as he kissed my forehead.

I took my suit off as I threw it in the washing machine as I got into the shower and scrubbed my body clean along with my hair. After relaxing down from tonight's events I got out of the shower. I dried off and walked into the bedroom for a sports bra, panties and sweat pants. I looked to see Steve just staring up at the ceiling, what a gentleman.

"You can look now." I smiled lightly as he looked toward me, I could still feel the blush over my face.

"Want to go to the gym?" I asked as he smiled and got up.

"Better than falling through the bed." He said as I nodded getting my running shoes and a shirt. He grabbed his punching bag as I grabbed his other hand and we made our way out of our apartment. We walked down the street I could feel the cool night blow around us as we made our way up a flight if stairs to the gym.

I sat cross legged as he set the punching bag up. I began to bob and weave as I let punches go. The gym reminded me of the the one back in DC. I stopped as I heard Steve really just beat the punching bag like no tomorrow before I knew it the bag is destroyed. I looked at him as he breathed heavily. Nick fury approached us as he spoke.

"Trouble sleeping?"

I had blocked out the conversation, Coulson informed me about what was going to happen, the Avengers initiative.

"Is there anything you can tell us about the Tesseract that we ought to know now?" Fury's question had snapped me out of my trance. Steve's hands grasped mine and pulled me along as he walked past Fury.

"You should have left it in the ocean."

We walked back to the apartment as he remained silent. I opened the door as Jarvis greeted us and informed us that Fury left flies down on the table. We went to shower again as we decided to try to sleep. He wrapped his arms around me as he whispered

"I'm not going to lose you."