This Is The Last Night

Sooner or Later

I decided the fastest way to the football field would be cutting through the gym. So I walked at a good speed and made it thought the gym without getting stopped and I got to the outside and I kept walking till I hit the football field. I stopped for a second and started looking for Davey. I saw someone on the bleachers so I started walking over to that person. When I got closer I knew it was Davey because I could see him better. He was sitting there snacking on something and he had his backpack with him. I started climbing up the bleachers to get to him. When I finally got to him I sat down.

“What’s up?”

“Not much just waiting for you.” Davey said and he looked at me with a smile.

“Ha ha I knew that. So what did you want to talk to me about before class?”

“Well I want to know….. how can I word this without seeming blunt?” he said then stopped for a second.

“Just tell me and I’ll take it as not being blunt.” I said laughing

“Ok” he laughed “Well were your foster parents home this morning?” he asked looking at me.

“Yea they were Bill was ignoring me for the most part and Kim made me breakfast for the first time ever. I’ve always had to make my own breakfast which was normally a pop-tart or cereal or some toast.” I rambled out

“Ok so nothing bad happened to you?”

“Nope nothing… yet.” I said looking at the football field in front of us.

“Nothing will happen to you on my watch.” I snapped my head back and looked at him but he was looking at the football field now. Was he serious?

“D…Davey?”

“Yea?” he said looking at me.

“That poem you wrote… I now know you meant the ‘I’m not like the others; I’m giving you my hand’ but what did you mean by the last line… ‘Now let me show you princess, let me be the one’?” I asked really wanting to know.

“Well...” just as he was about to tell me the stupid bell just had to ring. Sadly we both had to run to get to class because we were going to be late. “We’ll talk later.” He said and that was it. I couldn’t believe I was going to find out what he meant but at the same time I’m scared to know. The next few blocks went by really fast and lunch was a blur, I couldn’t think at all about school I could only think about what Davey was going to say to me. After lunch it hit me I was going to know the truth and maybe I just don’t want to know anymore. As I started to walk to science I said bye to Robyn and Maddie and they both wished me luck on the whole Davey thing. My phone vibrated in my pocket so I grabbed it and saw the text was from Davey. I opened up the message and read it.

D- I hope your not freaking out about this morning. But I want to tell you in person rather than over text or a note what I meant in the poem so ill see you in science Sarah.

I stopped in the middle of the hall. I can’t believe he figured it out without any clues that were specific. Sadly enough I had actually stopped right outside the science room. I took in a deep breath and walked into the room and lucky for me Davey wasn’t there yet. I exhaled and took my seat and took out my notebook and started writing trying to distract my mind from thinking about Davey.

“Sarah.” I looked up and there was Davey

“Hi Davey. I guess you figured me out” I said laughing

“Yea I figured when you were in the hospital that it was you.” He said smiling “So we need to finish our conversation that we were having this morning.”

“Yea I agree.”

“Davey sit down please.” The teacher said

“Later then?” he asked

“Definitely.” I said and smiled and he sat down. Good that was a close one. I’m not ready to find out that he is just like my guardian angel and not thinking of me as maybe being his girlfriend.As class went by slowly I started thinking of ways to get him to forget that I had asked anything about the poem. I looked up at the clock and saw that the bell was about to ring and reality was going to be hitting me really hard.

*Riiiing*

I shot up but wasn’t fast enough to get out of the room.

“Sarah!”

“Davey.”

“I’ll give you a ride home so we can talk ok?”

“Um… yea that’s fine.” I might as well get it over with now

“Awesome.” He said and we went to his car and once we got in he started the car and we headed our way. For the first few minutes we were dead quiet, I just want to get out of the car. Finally he spoke up.

“So… That poem I meant a lot out of it but I know what you’re asking about.”
I stayed quiet as my house came into view just a few more seconds and we’d be there.

“Sarah… are you listening?” he asked

“Yea I am but I’m a little distracted… um how bout we discuss this later?” he said as we
pulled into the drive way.

“Can I come in and we can talk about it there?”

“Um”

“Sarah you can’t keep avoiding this the more you think about it the more you’ll freak out over
what may be nothing.”

“Yea you can come in. I’ll have to ask my foster parents before you come in grab your backpack.” I said and hopped out of the car. “Wait here and I’ll be back in a sec.” I walked into the house and found Bill and Kim in the living room.

“Um I was wondering if my friend Davey could come in so we can do our science project together?” I knew what they were going to say though. Kim looked at Bill and he just gave her a look and then she answered.

“Yea that be fine.” I was in shock over that answer.

“Oh Thanks!” I walked back to the door and let Davey in and we went up to my room to talk and pretend to do our science project. Now comes what I’ve been freaking out about all day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated totally been busy and now I finally have time to write again yay! lol