Beast

Puzzle Pieces

I groan as the bright sunlight dances on my face, I cringe with how bright it is. I lick my dry, cracked lips as I rub my eyes. My head is throbbing violently as the birds chirp lately outside. I hesitantly open my eyes and look at my wooden bedside table, I reach out for the glass of water and note it is 7am.

I sit up slowly and bring the large glass of water to my lips. I scream loudly and jump out of my skin when I see a sleeping Connor in bed next to me. His eyes snap open and look directly at me.

“What are you doing in my bed?” I question him in shock.

Chuckling, he lowers his eyes down my body, a smirk plaster on his lips before replying, “You do not remember?”

Confused as to why he is looking at me so lustfully, I look down to see my bare, naked breasts on display for the world to see. “Oh my god,” I mumble, desperately grabbing a blanket to cover myself.

“Did we….?” I ask him, putting the water back on the bedside table.

Shaking his head, he looks at me amused before informing me, “No. You got very drunk last night. You phoned the bar looking for me and then I found you in a pile of your own vomit.”

“Oh shit,” I mumble, humiliated as blush sprinkles across my cheeks. Then it hits me, “Why am I naked?”

Shrugging his shoulders, he simply states, “You were covered in vomit. I put you in the shower then to bed.”

“You stayed over?” I continue to question, trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Raising an eyebrow, he teases, “You really were fucked last night.”

I sigh heavily as he continues to explain, “You begged me to stay with you.”

I am dumbfounded, as I hear the words from him, it briefly comes to mind I said something along those lines. Running a hand through my hair, I groan as my head continues to throb.

Chuckling, he mentions huskily, “You look good though. Your body has changed since I last saw you.”

My face becomes beetroot red from his comment as I clutch to the blanket around my chest tighter. I try to say something but no words form, instead I groan loudly. I look over at Connor, black circles under his eyes and rough exterior. He must of stripped down as his muscular chest is also on display, the remainder of his body is covered by the blankets.

“I found it hard when you left,” Connor admits, looking up at the ceiling.

Shaking my head, I snap, “I found it hard when you slept with Lucinda.”

“I fucked up,” he admits with a heavy sigh.

I lay back down in the bed, looking up at the ceiling. Taking a deep breathe, I agree with him, “Yeah, you did.”

Closing my eyes, I blurt out, “You were my first love. You broke my heart Connor.”

“You are the only one I have ever loved,” he confesses, but he immediately changes his tone and snarls, “When you left, you took apart of me. Now I am a different man.”

I look over at Connor, his face scrunched up in anger, his hands in tight fists behind his head. I do not know what to say, I have hard of all the nasty and horrible things Connor has done over the years. I was also informed of Lucinda’s death, when she took her own life.

“John told me, Lucinda told everyone you raped her,” I say out loud, not knowing what his reaction will be however I need to know Connor’s side.

He looks at me, the anger evident on his face. He growls before jumping out of bed, showing he is still wearing his jeans. Shaking his head in anger, he throws the chair next to the desk across the room.

“I never raped her!” he yells at me, scaring me. “She lied! She lied because she knew her father would kill her. That bitch tried to ruin me, to save herself.”

Walking towards me, he grabs a hold of my arms, pulling me towards him roughly. I wince at the pain and stare at him, worried of what he will do.

“Do you think I am capable of that?” he hisses through his teeth.

“The Connor I thought I knew, would never have cheated on me,” I sob from the pain.

Connor cuts me off and throws me down on the bed, his body is shaking from anger, “You think I am a monster. Guess what?! You’re right, I have become a monster.”

“You may have done so horrible things since I left, but I know you would not have raped her,” I whisper, rubbing my arms.

The room falls silent from my comment. I look up to see Connor watching me. I gulp as I reposition myself in bed, from being thrown around like a rag doll. Within a blink of an eye, Connor is standing before me.

He kneels before the foot the bed, softly grabbing my arms then delicately running his fingers up and down them. I hesitantly place my shaking hand on his cheek, to which he snuggles into with his eyes closed. There are no words exchanged, his breathing slows down and his body becomes more relaxed.

“I am sorry, I hurt you,” he mumbles against my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image