Status: um......i don't know....updates sometimes....

Under Your Skin

I Don't Care

I sighed and followed my mom into the principle’s office. “We have an appointment with Mr. Carter,” mom said at the desk woman. I stood behind her, following as the woman said we could go in.
She sat down and then pointed for me to, rolling her eyes as I sat a little ways away from her on the couch. “Good Morning Mrs. Bostwick,” the principal said and folded his hands on the desk. “Yes, we’re here to get Kellin's things,” she said and crossed one leg over the other.
“And I have them for you,” Mr. Carter said and got up to get a pile of books. He set them down on the desk and then sat back down. “Here’s your schedule Kellin,” he said and handed me a folded paper.
I took it from him and looked it over, sighing as all the classes matched the books he had given me. My locker number was listed, along with the combination, at the top of the page. “If you want Kellin, you can go explore the school and put your books into your locker while we talk,”
I waited a minute before realizing it wasn’t an offer, and picked up the massive set of books before heading out of the office. I sighed and wandered down the main hall, turning a few times and heading up the ramp.
I crossed a bridge thing that connected both halves of the school, taking a moment to look at my locker number. I glanced at the numbers on each one, finally getting close to mine when I ran into someone.
My books went flying, scattering around me as whoever it was hit me. “Sorry,” I said and looked up at them. “Watch where you’re going,” he said, glaring at me. He had kind of long straight hair that brushed his shoulders and matched the pretty brown color of his eyes. His skin was naturally tanned and absolutely gorgeous. “Stop fucking staring at me,” he scolded and shook his head. “Sorry,” I mumbled again before bending to get my books.
“You will be,” he muttered and stalked off. I looked after him in confusion, wondering how I had managed to make someone hate me before I even officially went to school here. I must have set a new bullying record or something.
I picked up the rest of my books and headed around the corner before finally finding my locker. They were all a sickly shade of grey-blue, matching the white and brown walls.
I cringed and spun the dial to my combination, rolling my eyes as it got stuck; of fucking course. I set my books down and tried to yank it open violently.
“God dammit,” I muttered and pulled harder. “Need some help?” someone asked, startling me. I whipped around, nearly tripping over myself.
“Please,” I said and looked him over. He had thick black hair and brown eyes, his lanky frame towering over me. “I had this locker last year,” he said and kicked the very bottom of it before snapping it open.
“Thanks,” He nodded and smiled at me. “I’m Jack,” I smiled back and then bent to pick up my books. “Kellin,” I said when I stood up again.
“Are you new here?” he asked and leant against the locker beside mine. “Mhm,” Jack nodded a little. “Well good luck. I have to get to class,” I nodded and watched him lope off down the hall for a minute before loading my books into my locker. I thanked whoever made the lockers at this school, grateful that they were too small to fit someone in…that someone being me.
I had been stuffed into lockers before, despite how cliché that sounded; people still did it. They also still laughed their asses off when I shouted for them to let me out.
I sighed and slid my schedule into my back pocket before walking off towards the office again. I passed that same boy from before, earning a glare.
“Keep walking fag,” he said before pulling the girl with him into a kiss. I flinched and looked away, walking back to the office.
“Kellin, are you ready to go?” mom asked as I walked back into the room.
“Mhm,” She stood up, hitching her purse over her shoulder. She walked around me and then out of the office, her shoes clicking as she stalked down the hall.
I followed her out of the school and to her car, looking out the window as she started the car. “Did you like the school?” she asked casually, not really sounding like she cared.
“No,” I heard her sigh. “Honestly, Kellin, what’s wrong with it? The principal seemed nice,”
I looked over at her blankly. “I met one nice person, and one jerk. My locker doesn’t work right, and I already got called a fag,” She made a look of horror at me.
“Language,” she scolded. “What? I was just quoting the asshole that called me that,” I said. “Kellin Quinn Bostwick, I don’t want to hear that kind of language from you,” she said and pulled into our driveway.
I just sighed and got out of the car, heading into the house to revel in my last day of freedom. ~

“Kellin, get up, you’re gonna be late!” Dad called. I groaned and rolled out of bed lazily.
I nearly tripped over the blankets on my way to my dresser and just left them tangled up on the floor when I got there.
I dressed quickly and pulled a beanie over my hair so that I wouldn’t have to straighten it.
“Kellin, I’m serious!” I rolled my eyes and picked up my backpack before heading down the steps. “It took you long enough,” dad muttered as I bent over to get my shoes. I hopped after him towards the car while struggling to put my shoes on.
“Hurry up Kellin,” he said and got into the car. I sighed and got in too, not bothering to put my seatbelt on.
My dad rolled his eyes and drove off, ignoring me the entire ride to school. I got out without saying goodbye and ran up the steps.
I took a deep breath before melting into the mass of teens lingering in the halls and made my way to my locker. I saw the boy from yesterday, and apparently he saw me too, because he glared. I sighed and fought with my locker for a minute before it finally opened.
“Hey Kellin,” I turned to see who it was, smiling as I saw Jack. “Hey,” He smiled back at me and leant against the lockers again. “Can I ask you something?” He nodded.
“Who is that?” I asked and looked directly at the boy. “Uh, that’s Vic, why?” he said nervously. “He hates me already,” Jack grimaced. “Um, he’s not someone you want hating you,”
I sighed and glanced at him just as he looked at me. I froze, blushing as he caught me.
Vic walked over, an empowered look on his face. “Do you have a problem?” he asked and leant his hand on the locker beside me. “No,”
He cocked an eyebrow at me, his gaze steely. “You will if you keep irritating me,” he said threateningly. That annoying side of me came out and I couldn’t hold back the snarky comment. “I’m so scared,” I said sarcastically.
Vic shook his head incredulously. “You don’t know what you’ve done kid,” I shrugged and turned to put the other two books I would need for my morning classes into my bag.
Vic shoved me against the locker as soon as I closed it, the hall going eerily quiet. “Don’t fuck with me,” he said and ground his fingers into my shoulder.
I winced, trying to hide my pain. “Who the hell even are you?” he asked. I didn’t answer, Vic immediately looking at Jack. “Kellin; he’s new,” Jack said, completely throwing me under the bus. “Well Kellin, I think you have a death wish,”
I fought the urge to roll my eyes. I had had worse threats than that. “Fuck off,” I challenged. Vic snapped me against the locker and then stalked off, chuckling. “What the hell are you doing?” Jack asked, his eyes wide.
“Standing up for myself?” he just sighed and shook his head. “You’re braver than me,” he said and walked away. I frowned after him and then slung my bag over my shoulder before pulling my schedule out.
I sighed and walked around until I found my first class; English. I was late by the time I got there, everyone looking up at me as I walked in.
“You’re late,” the teacher said. No shit Sherlock. “I got lost,” he looked over at me, a bored look on his face. “You’re still late,” he said. You’re still a prick.
“Who even are you?” I sighed quietly. “I’m Kellin; I’m new,” He rolled his eyes and leant over to his computer.
“Sit down,” he said when he looked back. “Unless you’re going to teach the class,” I shook my head and then walked down the isle to one of the empty seats. “Loser,” someone said.
I rolled my eyes and sat down, having heard way worse than that. The teacher just wrote down a few pages from the book and some problems before sitting back down.
I opened my book, sighing as I looked over the page. There were still people staring at me. “Hey fag,” I sighed and ignored whoever it was. They threw something, then pen hitting my side and falling to the ground.
“Hey,” I sighed again and looked up at them. It was a boy, his frosted hair spiked up and immediately making him look like an asshole.
He moved his hand on the side of his face, poking his cheek out on the opposite side. I rolled my eyes and looked down at my book.
“Hey,” I grit my teeth and tried to focus on the reading. “Hey fag, I’m talking to you,” he said. I glanced at the teacher, cursing him and all of his children for not giving a fuck. “I bet you love sucking dick,”
I exhaled heavily, biting my tongue. His friends laughed as he egged me on. “Do you like getting white substances all over you?” he asked. “Why don’t you as your dad?” I quipped. “Kellin, office,” I made a face at the teacher and picked up my stuff, violently shoving it into my bag before stalking out of the class while everyone laughed.
I glared down the hallway the entire way to the principle’s office. “Kellin, why am I seeing you so soon?” the principle asked and motioned for me to sit down.
“I was getting bullied in class and the teacher didn’t care until I said something back,” Mr. Carter sighed.
“What did they say to you?” he asked. “I don’t know who they were, but someone called me a fag, asked if I liked dick, and then asked if I liked getting white substances on me,” I said bluntly, watching the slightly stunned look on his face.
“Um, o-okay, what did you say?” he asked. “Well after being called a fag multiple times, I um, told him to ask his dad,” His eyes widened.
“Kellin, that is highly inappropriate,” he said. “But calling me a fag and harassing me isn’t?” I shot back, irritated.
“Kellin, there’s nothing I can do if you don’t know who the person was, but I’m going to have to give you detention for what you said,” I stared at him with my mouth open.
“Are you serious? I’m getting punished for someone bullying me? How is that fair?” He sighed heavily, folding his hands on the desk.
“Kellin, what you said could have been avoided. You could just ignore them,” I shook my head and leant back on the couch, crossing my arms over my chest. He rote out a detention slip and then handed it to me.
“I see. So, I was wrong to have defended myself against someone who was harassing me for no reason. Okay, I’ll think about that when I’m cutting myself later,” I said boldly and walked out of his office.
“Kellin!” I heard him call. I just sighed and went to the first bathroom I could find.
I slid down the bathroom wall and got my phone out before putting my headphones in.
I sat there all through first period, just listening to music and praying that no one would walk in.
The principal was waiting for me in my next class, his arms crossed as he looked at me. “Kellin, follow me please,” he said icily. I sighed and followed him out of the room to another office; the counselor’s. I fought the urge to groan, and went in, the guidance counselor looking up.
“Hi Kellin, I was expecting you,” he said and leant his arms on his desk. “Do you know why you’re here?” he asked, pressing his lips when I nodded.
“Then you know why we have to talk,” I nodded again. “I don’t actually cut,” I said quietly. He gave me an unbelieving look and sighed.
“Kellin, self harm is a very serious matter, and bringing it up so boldly makes me think that you’re trying to get someone’s attention. Is that true?”
I shook my head. “I was just mad. I got in trouble for talking back to someone who was bullying me, and no one cares. It isn’t fair,” The counselor sighed again.
“We do care Kellin, but this acting out is concerning. It’s only your first day here, and you’re already in trouble. Are there any problems at home?” he asked in that falsely concerned voice. It drove me insane.
“No, there are problems here. I’m already being bullied, and the only thing anyone seems to care about is that I had the nerve to speak up,”
He just frowned at me. “Kellin, you’re attitude is concerning,” I sighed and shook my head, sitting back in the chair.
“If I promise to behave, can I go?” I asked.
“Well, I’m considering setting up meetings for the two of us, but if you are honestly willing to behave, then I see no problem in letting you off with a warning,”
I nodded and stood up, not giving him the chance to say anything else.
So basically to stay out of trouble here, you just had to shut up and take it. Fucking great. ~
♠ ♠ ♠
so let me know if you like this story

btw there ill most likely be homophobic and triggering comments in every chapter, so if those are upsetting to you, please dont read

title- "I Don't Care" Apocalyptica ft. Adam Gontier