So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 11

That night around three a.m. we finally made it home.

Will promised to pick me up around six, giving me enough time to get ready and check in with Leslie.

She loved the interview and informed me it would be the article in the next issue.

I had beat Shelby to making breakfast that morning.

It wasn't good; I had been too distracted and managed to burn it quite nicely.

Feeling annoyed and hungry, I left it on the stove when there was a knock on my door.

"Who in their right mind knocks on my door at ten in the morning?" I asked annoyed. "Whoever it is has a serious death wish."

Swinging the door open I was surprised to see Gabe and Ryan leaning suavely against the doorframe.

"Do you always answer the door so nicely?" Gabe asked sauntering in.

"Well if you had brought food I might've smiled." I joked.

Gabe laughed while Ryan shuffled his feet. "Hey, is Shelby here?"

I nodded. "Yeah she's still asleep, want me to go wake her up?"

His cheeks turned a little pink as he stuttered. "No, that's okay, uh, just tell her when she wakes up I wanted to hang out with her."

I looked over at Gabe as we both rolled our eyes. "Really it's okay, I'm experienced at waking her up without being killed. Besides, I want to hit her up for breakfast."

Ryan laughed. "Alright."

Before I could get up, her door opened.

"Hey Lilly I think I'm going crazy, I keep hearing voices. And they're not yours." She said groggily, walking out into the kitchen.

"I keep hearing voices too, except they're coming from Ryan and Gabe." I replied as she stopped dead in her tracks.

Shelby looked down at her pajamas and up at her bed-head before running back into her room.

"Well that was easier than I expected." I commented. "So as much as I love you guys, any reason you're here at ten in the morning?"

"We've been sent yet again by Will to keep you company till tonight since he's bit busy." Gabe explained.

Ryan laughed and interjected. "Yeah he needs us to buy him some time so he can- OW!"

Gabe's elbow in his side cut him off.

"He's busy. Gabe restated."

"Who's busy?" Shelby asked, walking into the room fully dressed.

"Will apparently." I answered.

She nodded. "Oh, well anyway, do you mind explaining why it smells like last Thanksgiving all over again?"

"Uh, well..." I trailed off.

Gabe and Ryan looked at me curiously. "What happened at Thanksgiving?"

"I burnt the turkey." I muttered.

Shelby laughed. "No, you turned that turkey into a decent brickett of charcoal."

So me and cooking don't always work well...

"Okay, so can we go get some food? We were kind of hoping you had some but obviously no." Gabe said.

"Sure, any ideas?" I asked,

"Um..."

"Um..."

"Um..."

"A decisive bunch aren't you?" I muttered.

"Oh I know!" Ryan announced grinning. "We should go to Denny's!"

"Well you've got good taste." Shelby said, walking up next to Ryan.

"Yeah and I'm not getting any more fed here." Gabe muttered, holding his stomach.

I nodded. "I agree with the food obsessed boy."

It took some coaxing but a while later we were all in a booth at Denny's.

"I want the All American Grand Slam." Shelby announced, folding her menu closed.

"I'll have what she's having." Ryan said, following suit.

I ordered my French Toast while Gabe surfed the menu.

The waiter nodded to each while he sent a wink to me.

When he came back with the drinks I couldn't help but notice there was a number written on my napkin.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm still reeling over my BFF's naughty use of language.
Oh I'm a picky reader but can anyone suggest any stories to me so I can get more familiar with this site?
I dunno like TAI, PATD, MCR, FOB, (I'm too tired to write them out) etc. I don't care.
Just no Incest, Twincest, Ferard, Waycest, and or Ryden (unless they're really good).