So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 13

"Can we go yet?"

"Is it six?" Pete asked.

"No, but-"

"Then no."

I sighed, settling back to watch The Butcher and Gabe play Guitar Hero.

Five minutes later Pete's phone rang.

"Hello... oh hey Bill yeah it's six? Okay well I'll bring her over."

He glanced at my grinning face for a moment.

"I tried telling you it was five to six but you wouldn't listen."

Pete pouted as we made our way to the car.

I had said goodbye to Shelby, who was going to stay over with the other guys, who I had to pry off me when I said bye.

It was still pouring when we pulled up.

"My apartment?" I asked oddly.

"Well, Bill figured you'd be more comfortable at your place for your first date than his. That and the rain messed up his plans."

I raised an eyebrow, wondering what he had planned.

"See you later Lilly, don't have too much fun." Pete grinned with a wink, getting back into his car. "And remember, just do everything I would do."

I climbed the stairs to my apartment, finding it odd as I knocked on my own door.

"It's me." I said.

"Come in." Will called faintly.

I walked in, finding the room dimmed.

From out of nowhere two hands covered my eyes.

"Will?"

His laugh reverberated through me he was that close.

"Walk forward." He announced dramatically moving forward with me.

"Now stop." Will said after we had walked a few feet.

I felt his hands remove themselves from my eyes but I kept them closed.

He let out a small chuckle, whispering in my ear. "You can open your eyes."

Following his words I did to see where he led me.

"Oh Will..." I gasped, slightly giggling.

"Now do you see why I had to move it indoors?" He asked.

I had to nod, staring down at the checkered cloth and wicker basket set up next to the windows and the couch.

It would've been too cliché to have a picnic outside, but on my living room floor it couldn't have been more sincere.

"Nobody's ever done anything like this for me before." I smiled, hugging Will.

He wrapped his arms around my waist. "What can I say, I am an original."

We walked over and sat down on the red and white checked blanket.

Will began pulling food out of the basket between us as I admired how much work he'd put into this.

"I'm sorry; I'm not much of a cook." He said, pulling out some handmade sandwiches.

Grinning I shook my head. "It's okay, I prefer keeping it simple. This is perfect."

He looked a little relieved after I said that.

"So, I have to admit I barely know I thing about you." Will said, taking a bite of his sandwich.

Taking a coke from the basket I shrugged. "What do you want to know?"

He thought a moment. "Tell me about your family. Any siblings?"

"I have two older brothers and a younger sister." I explained. "And I haven't seen or talked to them in about four years."

"Can I ask why?" Will said, testing his boundaries.

"Yeah, it's kind of a mix between leaving home and focusing on my dream job." I answered.

"They weren't very supportive?" He asked.

I nodded my head.

"I know what that feels like, mine wanted me to continue my education but instead I focused on music."

We sat there for hours, just talking into the night.

I had never before felt so connected to someone in so short a time.

It wasn't till we stopped talking for a moment did the full affects of sitting on the floor hit me.

"I don't mean to ruin the moment or anything but this floor is killing me." I laughed nervously, stretching and stifling a yawn.

"Yeah I was about to say the same thing." He said chuckling, reaching down to help me up. "Here."

We walked perhaps four steps before falling onto my couch together.

"Thanks for probably the best first date I've ever had Will." I said as I couldn't help but snuggle closer to him.

He grinned. "I like that you're the only person who calls me Will. With everyone else it's either William or Bill."

"Well now I think your originality is rubbing off on me, Will?" I asked, purposefully saying his name.

He nodded against me. "I'm glad you had that crappy blind date, otherwise I might not have had to rescue you and you would've forgotten me."

I shook my head. "Nope, you're too hard to forget. I kept thinking about you the entire time."

I didn't have to look at him to know he was grinning.

Will lifted my chin to meet his gaze, placing a sweet kiss on my lips.

We stayed there with my head on his chest and his arms around me, his heartbeat lulling me to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm resisting the urge not to dance to Metro Station.
Nothing to say really...
Cept the usual that I love all the comments you guys give me, and the amount of views, and your general awesomeness.
But you already know that.