The Leather Jacket

I Wanna Fall So In Love With You

Five days had passed since the accident. Five days since I love you had been said and the words bearing their true meaning. Five days and Alex couldn’t bare it anymore. He’d always hated hospitals and being stuck in one for so long was starting to make him stir crazy. Plus the whole thing was killing Jack. Between running from Alex’s room to his mum’s, never going home and barely sleeping Jack was on his way to getting himself booked in.
“Jack, baby...”
Jack was sat in the chair by Alex’s side, his head resting on the bed as Alex ran his fingers through Jack’s two toned hair. He’d fallen asleep nearly an hour ago and Alex was finally drawing the line.
“Jack, wake up”
“I wasn’t asleep” came Jack’s groggy reply.
“Sure you weren’t, why don’t you go home love? Go get some prober sleep and for god’s sake eat something!”
“Can’t, what about you? Can’t leave...”
“The nurse didn’t give you an expectation to the visiting hours just so you could make yourself sick. Go home Jack, I’ll be just fine for a few hours and so will your mum”
Jack still shook his head but yawned.
“It’s just a bit of sleep, what’s the worst that could happen?” Alex asked.
“Last time I went home I nearly lost you...” Jack mumbled.
Alex felt hit heart clench, he reached for Jack’s hand and held it tightly. He finally understood the reason Jack had refused to leave, he thought Jack was just stubborn turned out he was adorable.
“I’m not going anywhere Jack, I promise to not even move if that’s what it takes. But please get some rest, I don’t want you to get sick. Then they won’t you in at all.”
“You’re sure?” he asked.
“Really sure, I’m not dying Jack. I’m not even that hurt, really it’s about time they let me out of here”
Jack cracked a smile at the attempt at humour and Alex ran a hand along his jaw. He pressed his lips to Jack’s cheek, feeling the stubble from the days of not shaving.
“Sleep does sound good” Jack mumbled, leaning into Alex’s kiss.
“More when you get back” Alex whispered, placing another kiss on his lips.
Jack grumbled something about kisses before standing up, wobbling slightly as his exhausted body protested the movement.
“See you later” Jack leant down and pressed one last kiss to Alex’s forehead before turning to the door to leave.
“Sleep well!” Alex called.
“Feel better” Jack replied.
“I’m fine!” Alex protested which caused Jack to laugh as he left the room.
Jack walked like a zombie through the hospital, away from Alex he realised how tired he really was and figured he’d have to call a cab to take him home as he was in no fit state to drive. He’d just stepped out of the front doors when he met with an explosion of flashes. He could hear people shouting things and swore he heard Alex’s name being yelled. He pushed through the crowd of flashing lights and once they realised he wasn’t going to say anything they stopped trying. Obviously the word of Alex’s accident had got out and now the press were looming...

Jack returned a few hours later, he held a magazine in his hand as he pushed the sunglass further up his nose. He didn’t want to be recognised, he didn’t want any awkward questions about him and Alex. He wasn’t ready for that.
“Hey baby” Alex grinned as Jack returned to his seat beside him.
“Feeling more alive now?”
Jack nodded and handed Alex the magazine.
“And you brought me a present! How nice”
“Just read it”
Alex raised an eyebrow at the younger’s tone, he picked up the magazine only to see his face on the cover. His stomach dropped, this wasn’t going to be good.

Alex Gaskarth in car accident!
Alex Gaskarth of Dear Maria fame was reportedly in a car accident on Main Street but there has been no news on his condition. There’s been no word of sight of singer since he was caught outside a restaurant with another man nearly 2 weeks previously. It is unknown what connection that man had with Alex and whether he had anything to do with the incident. We hope for news soon on our poor little Alex!

The real Alex looked up and stared at Jack, confusion written all over his face.
“They’re outside Alex”
“They’re what?”
“The paparazzi, I stepped out there and it was just a sea of flashes. If they realise it was me...”
“Woah, woah, calm down Jack. It’s okay” Alex said, putting an arm around Jack’s shoulders.
“But...”
“No Jack it’s okay, I’ll call Matt and get him to sort this out. It’s one of the things I pay him for” Alex chuckled.
“I just... Don’t think I’m ready for them to know yet” Jack admitted.
“That’s fine, no one has to know. I understand it’s a lot to take on and that I’m really coming with a lot of extra baggage but I do love you”
“I love you too”
Jack kissed him, for the moment their lips are together and their bodies touching Jack feels like nothing can hurt him. Then that moment ends.

“Jack, Jack wake up”
It was late, too late for anyone to be sleeping but sleeping and yet Alex was nudging his boyfriend awake.
“Wha...” Jack mumbled, raising his head from the side of the bed where he’d been sleeping. Somehow Alex had talked the nurses into letting Jack sleep in his room. So Jack had been quiet happily passed out in the bed alongside Alex.
“We’re going out”
“Again, what?”
“We’re going out” Alex exclaimed.
“Alexxx, what time is it?” Jack moaned.
“Nearly 1am”
“And where do you think we’d be going?”
“On a date”
“Have they upped your pain killers recently?” Jack asked.
“No I’m fine, I keep telling you. We’re going on a date because we haven’t ever had a real one and we’re doing it now because 1: less nurse rounds so we can sneak out and 2: because the reporters have probably gone too”
Jack stayed quiet for a moment. A date with Alex did sound great and the idea of having to sneak around to do it added a little bit of danger that Jack couldn’t lie was tempting.
“So Gaskarth, where are you taking me?”
Alex smirked, that all knowing stupid smirk that made Jack’s heart flutter.
“You’ll see”

Jack gripped Alex’s hand as they walked as quickly as they could through the empty corridors. Not that they could walk that fast, Alex had injured his leg in the accident and it made him limp as a resolute. Jack put his arm around Alex’s waist and they walked along, Alex leaning into Jack slightly to try and keep some of his weight off his leg.
“Are you sure you can do this?” Jack whispered.
They’d only just reached the front doors and Alex was only just hobbling along, Jack figured he was in more pain than he was letting on.
“Sure I can” Alex smiled but Jack wasn’t convinced.
“No you can’t”
“But Jack...”
Alex hadn’t finished before Jack had disappeared around a corner leaving Alex oddly off balance as he tried to standing on one foot.
“You can’t do it... Alone at least” Jack grinned from behind Alex before pushing a wheel chair into Alex’s good leg, forcing him to fall backward into the waiting chair.
“Jack!”
“Shhh! We’re not spouse to be here, remember?” Jack whispered.
“We’re stealing a wheel chair?”
“Borrowing” Jack winked
Alex grinned and let Jack push him out the doors and into the night.
“Sooo, where am I taking us?” Jack asked as he pushed Alex away from the hospital.
“As I can’t drink anything because of all the funny drugs they have me on I had to think of something else. Do you think you can get us down town?” Alex asked.
“Could take a while” Jack replied.
“Perfect” Alex smiled and pulled his legs up onto the chair.
“Fuck you”
“Maybe later”
Jack started laughing so hard he nearly pushed Alex into a wall.
“Hey! Carful, I’m trusting you here”
“Sorry” Jack said, still laughing to himself.
“So...” Alex said.
“So... Can I ask you something?” Jack asked.
“Shoot”
“Why me?”
“I’m sorry?” Alex asked, leaning back in the chair to stare up at Jack. He could just make him out as they past under streetlights.
“Why did you pick me? You could have any man or woman and yet you fall in love with a guy who works in a record store and spends his spare time looking after his mum. Why?”
“I didn’t pick you, I didn’t see you in a line up and pick you. I saw your big brown eyes and your two toned hair and your big kind heart. And I fell for it. I fell for you because you’re like my missing the piece, because I was so alone for so long then you came along and it was like I never needed anything else. Just you”
Jack stopped pushed and leant down over Alex, kissing him in a perfect Spider-Man style upside down kiss.
“I love you” he whispered.
“I love you too”
Jack grinned and put his hands back on the handles of the chair before breaking into a run. He ran down the street, pushing Alex in front of him.
“Shit Jack!” Alex laughed.
Jack didn’t stop, he ran down the empty street letting the breeze run through his hair and the sound of Alex laughing fill the air.
Finally Jack had to stop, his chest aching as he tried to catch his breath.
“I didn’t know you could run that fast” Alex said.
Jack just shrugged and tried to get rid of the stitch in his side. Jack realised he didn’t actually know where he was, the town looked different in the dark and he was no longer sure of his location. Looking around they appeared to be next to a park, iron gates that lead up to a giant filled looming out of the darkness.
“Alex, would you like to go to the park with me?”
“Sure”
Obviously no one bothered to lock the park at the night and Jack was able to push Alex straight through the gates and onto the path.
“This is so cool!” Alex exclaimed.
“Glad you like it. Where were you thinking of going?”
“Nothing as good as this”
Jack smiled and placed a kiss on top of Alex’s head.
“Hey a playground! Can we Jack pleaseeee?”
Jack couldn’t deny the silly little pout Alex made was adorable and found himself pushing Alex over to the kids park.
“Yay!” Alex cheered as Jack opened the gate to let them in. Alex was a kid in a candy store and it made Jack’s heart sing. Until he remembered Alex’s family history, the boy didn’t exactly have one or at least not any kind of good one. Maybe he’d never had his parents take him to the park and play with him or hung out there with friends after school. The thought brought a lump to Jack’s throat.
“Can we go on the swings?” Alex asked.
“Course” Jack replied, trying to keep his voice even.
Jack lifted Alex out of the chair and placed him carefully on one of the swings before sitting on the one next to him.
“This is awesome!” Alex smiled as he kicked off the ground.
Jack stayed still, the lump still uncomfortably in his throat.
“Alex, can I ask you something?”
“Sure” he replied, as he swung back and forth.
“Have you ever been to a playground before? I mean did your parents...”
Alex came to a quick holt beside Jack, looking over he saw the sad look in his eyes and reached out to take Jack’s hand.
“Course I have, as a small child my childhood was fine. It was only as I got older than things got worse. I’m not a total lost cause” Alex cracked a smile that Jack couldn’t help mirroring.
“Now can we stop with the sad things and have some fun? This is a date remember?” Alex said.
“Of course!”
Jack hoped off his swing and stood behind Alex to push him, sending him flying into the air why he laughed. That dumb infectious laugh that made Jack fall more in love with him.

The night disappeared as they messed around in the kid’s playground. Jack pushing Alex on the swings until he could see the stars, them both going up and down the slide, Jack going up the climbing frame as Alex cheered from below and Jack giving Alex piggy back races. The only sound in the park was stupid laughter and sloppy kisses. As the sun begun to come up and the sky turned from dark blue to an orange the boys left the kids park and found a perfect spot to sit and watch the sun raise.
“We’re going to have to go back soon” Jack said.
“Yeah I know, but I don’t want to leave”
Alex loved the night, seeing everything at a time no would normally was something he loved. The world looked so different at night and Jack was no expectation. Looking over at the younger sat beside him. Alex could see his hair tangled and messy and falling in his face, his eyes glistening as they reflected the light of the sky, his pink lips pulled up in the most innocent of smiles.
“Alex?
Alex hummed to let Jack know he was listening, his eyes never leaving Jack’s profile.
“Sing for us”
The request took Alex by surprise, Jack had never asked him to sing before. But as they sat there watching another day begin Jack wanted nothing more than to hear Alex’s angel like voice.
“Hey there it’s good to see you again,
It’s never felt right calling this ‘just friends’
I’m happy, if you’re happy, with yourself
Take off your shirt, your shoes
Those skinny jeans I brought for you
We’ve diving in, there’s nothing left to lose
I’m gonna break down these walls
I built around myself
I wanna fall so in love with you and no one else
Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now
Together we’ll move on, just don’t turn around
Let the walls break down”
As Alex sung Jack felt something he’d never felt before, the feeling of belonging. As he sat there with the sun raising in front of him and Alex by his side it felt like the world was for once at peace, like nothing else could ever matter, like every problem vanished. That was love and it was a feeling that Alex send through him every time their eyes met.
“I’m gonna break down these walls, I built around myself
I wanna fall so in love, with you and no one else
Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now
Together we’ll move on, just don’t turn around
Let the walls break down
Break down these walls, I built around myself
Let the walls break down
‘Cause you break me down, ‘cause you break me down, ‘cause you break me down
Let the walls break down”
Jack put his hands on Alex’s waist and pulled him so they were both lying down, Alex head resting on Jack’ shoulder as they stared up at the continually changing sky.
“You’re amazing” Jack whispered.
“Why thank you”
“No really are you and you’re all mine”
Jack rolled over so he was on top of Alex before attacking him with kisses. Alex kissed him back between laughs, his hands making their way around Jack’s neck and his legs around his waist. Jack slipped his hands under Alex’s back and picked him up. Alex was wrapped around Jack as they kissed again and Jack lowered him to his feet.
“Can you pick me up like that forever?” Alex asked.
“We’ll see” Jack smirked.
Alex smiled before reaching up to kiss Jack again, his arms wrapped around Jack’s skinny waist and his bad leg leaving the ground as he leant into the kiss. The kiss was perfect but then there was a noise. A noise they both knew too well, the sound of a camera then the flash as their perfect moment became not so perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Was this chapter long enough? Aha! I hope you liked it :) xxx