Sequel: Hellbound

Heretic

Twelve Killing Angels

Twelve
Killing Angels
P.O.V. Brian

I hadn’t been able to sleep after what happened with Krissi, she was all I could think about. She was the most amazing woman I’d ever met in my life. And there was someone trying to kill her. On top of that, this Lyger character seemed pretty pissed last night that we were alone in her room together. I got up as the sun was starting to break over the city. In all my life, I’d never felt this way about a woman, or anyone. I wanted to be with her more than anything. I wanted to know more about her and the world she lived in.

A knock on my door broke my thoughts and I turned towards it. Hoping maybe it was her, worse case scenario it was Seb. I walked to the door unlocking and opening it. My eyes narrowed at Lyger who glared right back at me.

“We need to talk you and I”.
He hissed. He pushed past me before I could slam the door in his face. Rolling my eyes I turned to him crossing my arms letting the door close.
“What could we possibly have to talk about?”
Lyger narrowed his eyes to slits.
“You know damn well what we have to talk about human, and please hear me when I say the word HUMAN. Because that’s all you are, all you will ever be. At the most all you can give Krissi is a breed of bastard half-bloods that will never fit in anywhere and probably end up killing themselves”.
I growled at him. This guy was honestly a bigger asshole then Seb, I didn’t think that was possible.

“Excuse me?”
I hissed approaching him but he didn’t back down.
“Krissi needs someone like her! Someone to be with her the right way! Not some fucking human bastard fucking up her life! Do you know what the angels will do to her if she’s taken? They will take her wings! She will become fallen! And the witch’s council they will strip her of her magic! The one thing she loves more than any fucking thing! So here’s what’s going to happen. You’re going to break her heart and I’m going to pick up the pieces”.
I laughed at him.
“Are you fucking kidding me? I’m not going anywhere”.

Lyger stepped up to me trying to be all tough now. His eyes narrowed at me.
“You know, I’ve never killed a human before. But I’m willing to start now”.
I narrowed my gaze at him.
“Oh yeah? Show Krissi what a big man you are when you kill the guy she picked over you”.
Lyger swung at me hitting my jaw and I fell back into the wall narrowing my eyes at him ready to give him a punch of my own when I heard her.
“Lyger! What the fuck is wrong with you!”

Krissi roared rushing to my side.
“Brian are you ok?”
I smirked at her.
“Yeah, he hits like a girl”.
Lyger growled coming at me again but Krissi shoved him backwards.
“Get out of here! How dare you come in here and threaten him like this!”
Lyger looked at Krissi.
“I was only looking out for you!”
Krissi shook her head.
“I don’t need you looking out for me! I have Brian for that and Seb!”
Lyger shook his head lightly tears coming to his eyes.
“Don’t send me away. I need to help you”.

Krissi crossed her arms.
“You wanna help? Then get as far away from me and Brian as possible!”
She pointed to the door, Lyger narrowed his eyes at me before storming out of the room. Krissi turned to me frowning.
“God I am so sorry Brian”.
She helped me sit down on the bed.
“You need ice for that?”
She asked looking at where Lyger had managed to punch me. I cracked a slight smirk.
“I think I’ll live. Like I said, he hits like a girl”.
Krissi sat next to me but I quickly remedied it by taking her in my arms and setting her in my lap. I buried my face against the side of her neck holding her close.
“But this is improving my mood”.

I snickered. Krissi giggled staying close to me.
“Any plans yet?”
I asked. Krissi sighed lightly.
“No, Seb and I tried to think of something”.
I pulled back.
“Seb was in your room?”

She nodded looking at me.
“I don’t mean to sound like Lyger, but”.
She smiled at me.
“I know, you don’t trust Seb and you don’t want me alone with him. But after Lyger and I got into a fight”.
Krissi trailed off getting to her feet and walking to the window.
“Angel?”
I said getting up. Krissi looked panicked as she gazed down at the parking lot.
“Angels, shit!”
I took her in my arms.
“Babe what’s happening?”
“Angels are coming”.
Seb said as he came into the room locking the door behind him. He looked around the room.
“We gotta think of something fast, if they get their hands on Krissi they’ll arrest her and take her wings”.

I narrowed my eyes down at the angels that were all dressed in white suites marching across the parking lot together never breaking formation.
“I bet Lyger tipped them off. He couldn’t take seeing Krissi with you”.
Seb said as he found a letter opener on the desk and tossed it to me.
“Aim for the halo”.
I narrowed my eyes.
“How the fuck am I supposed to”.
Krissi cut me off taking my arm.
“You can see them for what they are”.
Seb grabbed Krissi shoving her into the closet. She looked at him then to me tears in her eyes.
“We’ll be careful”.
I assured her.

“I love you”.
She smiled at me through her tears and the words easily left me. As I breathed a deep sigh of relief that she felt that way.
“I love you too”.
Seb rolled his eyes.
“You two can eye fuck later”.
He sealed off the closet and looked to the doors as a pounding knock came to it. Grabbing some wire he had found.
“Brian Haner JR of the C.I.A we know you’re in there harboring an angel who has broken the code! Give us what we want or pay with your life”.
Seb took his place pressed back against the wall so they wouldn’t see him upon entering the room. He nodded to me. I narrowed my gaze at the door and somehow it was like I could see through the door. I saw the angel army waiting on the other side and the glowing swirl of light above them. Halos.

“Go fuck yourself”.
I said in response.
“You leave us no choice!”
The door exploded off the hinges and angels came barreling into the room all at once. Seb jumped out wrapping the wire around one of their throats from behind smirking as he choked the life from the angel. I moved fast with the letter opener taking down as many as I could. At one point they all grabbed hold of me and shoved me back into the window nearly shoving me through the glass. Seb bounded forwards taking down more of the angels giving me a chance to react.

I drove the letter opener through the halo of an angel and watched the life leave his eyes. This was wrong but I needed to protect Krissi. She was everything to me now. My world revolved around her. I took down the last of the angels as Seb let a body drop to the floor looking down at them.

“We gotta move! They won’t be long regrouping”.
Seb said running for the door. I unlocked the closet grabbed Krissi in my arms and took off from the room with her leaving the letter opener behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3