Sequel: Hellbound

Heretic

Chapter Sixteen A Burden to Bare

Chapter Sixteen
A Burden to Bare
P.O.V Brian.

I held her close keeping my lips locked with hers. I was falling hard for her and there was no fighting it. Not that I would. Krissi was everything to me, she was my life now that I couldn’t go back to my family because I couldn’t leave this world behind. This was the world she lived in and it was the one I wanted to be in. I inched my lips back from hers for only a moment.

“I love you, and I’m sorry I hesitated before”.
I whispered to her brushing her hair from her eyes. Krissi smiled up at me.
“Brian. This is a big adjustment for you, I should remember that you aren’t use to things here”.
I smiled at her slipping my arms around her waist.
“I know we haven’t been together long, but I want to be with you Krissi”.
I noticed the color in her cheeks as she looked up at me. I sighed lightly.
“I’ve never really just came out and said it like that, I’m normally a lot cooler”.

Krissi laughed lightly.
“You’re pretty cool to me Brian”.
I smiled at her resting my hand against her jawline.
“Is that a yes?”
Krissi smiled at me resting her head against my chest.
“It’s a big step, and I’ve never done anything like this with anyone ever”.
I looked down at her as she thought for a moment.
“But I feel the same way Brian”.
She looked up at me and smiled.
“I want to be with you too and we may not get another chance like this. I have a feeling we’ll be running into her again”.
I kissed her lips lightly holding her close.

“You’re sure?”
Krissi nodded smiling up at me.
“I’m sure”.
I scooped Krissi up into my arms wedding style taking her upstairs to one of the rooms. The room was the biggest of them. The walls were a cream color with a border of rosebuds along the top of the wall on weaving vines. I set Krissi down on the bed leaning in kissing her lips lightly. It was no secret I’d been with a few girls before but Krissi was different. I wanted to saver every moment. I wanted to remember every inch of her body and how soft her skin was. To feel every touch and experience every movement all over again.

I wanted these feelings to last forever, after looking so long for my reason to live, I finally found it. Krissi was truly everything to me. She was a gift from a God I hadn’t believed in much until now. Her cheeks flushed with color as she rested her head to my chest afterward. I held her close as she slept stroking her hair.
“I love you”.
I whispered to her kissing the top of her head. When I lifted my gaze towards the window I saw her appear in shimmering silver light. Gaping at the woman that appeared I kept Krissi close protecting her. The woman smiled at me.
“You need not fear me Brian”.
She said softly, I remained unmoving holding Krissi close.
“Who are you and how do you know my name?”

“I am Nyx, goddess of the night, moon and magic. I gifted Krissi her witching powers and was her mentor for many years. You have been chosen for a great task Brian Haner of earth”.
I felt kind of weirded out by what she was saying. But I didn’t interrupt her.
“You are the consort and true love of the one chosen to slay his son, the seventh son tried to destroy this world in anarchy and flame. It was I myself who stopped him and was chosen to mentor another to stop his son. The Seventh son of the seventh son is far worse than his father. He can manipulate people much better and has a plan for something much worse”.

I sat up more still holding Krissi.
“What can I do?”
She smiled at me.
“A time will come very soon where you are separated from her, your heart will become tainted with blood and malice that is not your own. You will fall Brian Haner. Become no better than the monster who turns you. Upon that, she will find kinship with someone close to you. Your burden will be to trust that no matter how tempted she will be by this other force her heart will remain strong to you. If you lose faith in her and in her love for you. There will be no freedom for you and you will remain a monster”.

I narrowed my eyes a little looking down at Krissi now.
“She’s going to have feelings for another guy?”
“Untrue feelings, desperate feelings of longing to feel something else other than the pain of losing you. Yes. She will be grief stricken and he will be there for her. He will fall for her and she will linger in that space between accepting she will never have you again and fighting for what you two have together. Because you are her consort and true love she will of course choose to fight. But he will not give in so easily. He will pursue her and once you are returned to normal. He will challenge you for her and a war will break out between two former friends”.

I sighed looking back to the goddess.
“I don’t want to be away from her. I don’t want to be taken”.
Nyx smiled at me as if I was a child.
“It will not be forever Brian. Remember what I’ve told you tonight and please don’t be so hard on yourself when you come out of it. You will not be of your right mind”.
Sighing heavily I looked at her.
“Nyx, can you tell me who the Seventh son of the seventh son is?”
She smiled at me.
“No, I can tell you this. You are more then you appear Brian Haner. There is much more to you then meets the eye. The day that comes to the surface you will be ready to defend her against all evils that come your way”.

And like that, Nyx was gone. Krissi shifted a little opening her eyes as she smiled up at me.
“You ok?”
I smiled down at her cupping her cheek.
“Yes, I was just thinking of how much I fucking love you”.

Krissi giggled slipping her arms around me.
“I fucking love you too”.
I leaned in kissing her deeply. Pushing thoughts of the monster I would become and the friend who would betray me by moving in on my girl while I was cursed from my mind and focused only on her. She was all there was. All there ever would be.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3