Sequel: Hellbound

Heretic

Chapter Nineteen Final Encounter

Chapter Nineteen
Final Encounter
P.O.V. Krissi

Once we were within sight of the city Jimmy pulled the car over looking towards the thick black shadows that covered Huntington. Alora frowned looking at me.
“Want me to come along?”
I shook my head lightly.

“No, thanks thought”.
I turned towards the city balling my hands into fists. It was time for me to face this goddess and slay her like I was meant to. I kept reminding myself this was only a test of my power so some wacko Seventh son of the seventh son could see what I was capable of. As I passed through the shadows I took a deep breath and began walking up the center of the road. Violet smirked at me as she came into view.

“Finally, you show yourself”.
I narrowed my eyes at her standing my ground.
“You really are a stupid bitch taking a whole city hostage when you could have just used your goddess powers to find me”.
Violet laughed as she approached me.
“I could have, but I am a goddess, you kneel to me”.
I shook my head.
“No, no I really fucking don’t, and I’m getting sick of you trying to kill people just to get to me”.
Violet grinned at me.

“Well, now I can just hurt you”.
She threw her arms out at me knocking me clean backwards through a plate glass window. I hit the ground glass shattering around me. I winced pushing myself up looking at her as she came at me again and again. Rolling out of the way I sprang back slamming my foot hard into her face knocking her backwards.
“Gunna take more than broken glass to get rid of me”.
I threw up my fist as swirling energy wrapped around her constricting her body causing her to scream in pain. It wasn’t a spell I liked to use but she pissed me off. Violet growled shattering the spell flying at me grabbing me by my throat and driving me into the wall.

I winced gripping her wrists.
“Little girl, you have no idea what I’m capable of!”
I felt pain course through me but I didn’t scream. I wasn’t going to give her that kind of power. Grabbing her hair I slammed my forehead to hers knocking her backwards over the counter top of the store we were in. Violet growled at me getting up and I threw blasts of magic at her knocking her back not letting up for a second.
Violet avoided the attacks ducking down. I looked around for her only to feel what felt like weir constricting my throat from behind. I gasped for air gripping the wire. Violet laughed.

“You die here mystic bitch”.
I growled inwardly driving my elbow backwards into her solar plexus knocking the wind out of her, turning to face her I slammed a blast of fire into her face causing her to scream in pain as I kicked her backwards throwing out my other palm and ripping off one of her arms. She screamed falling back bleeding badly as I took a breath looking at her.

“Wait! I can help you”.
She said pushing herself backwards as I approached her, my aura pulsing with power.
“I can tell you who he is. The one who summoned me”.
I flexed my fingers lowering my hand.
“Who is it? Who summoned you to try and kill me”.
Violet opened her mouth to speak but her jaw was drawn down her mouth opening so wide it shattered her skull sending blood flying everywhere. I gaped in horror knowing I hadn’t done that to her. I turned around facing Seb only to be hit in the head with a shovel. I fell forwards hitting the ground hard.

Seb smirked down at me no longer wearing the sugar skull make up. My vision was blurred.
“Seb?”
I whispered looking at him. He smirked at me crouching down to my level.
“Congratulations. You passed my first test. Which makes you a threat”.
I shook my head feeling the blood rolling down the side of my face.

“I didn’t kill her”.
Seb stood upright grinning down at me.
“Only because she was going to ruin my surprise. And I couldn’t let that happen”.
I blinked hard trying to clear my vision.
“Seb what are you talking about?”
Seb smirked looking over at someone. I turned my eyes seeing Brian holding the bloody shovel a smirk on his lips.

“This is my brother, Syn. In case you can’t figure it out. I am the one foretold to be your end. Brian here is my brother, the sixth son. And I never would have found him if it wasn’t for you. That’s why we’re going to let you live this time”.

Seb smirked at me crouching to my level.
“But next time you get in my way, I’ll kill you in the most painful brutal way”.
He smiled cupping my cheek stroking it with his thumb. I felt the tears rolling down my cheeks as Seb stood turning to Brian who he was calling Syn.
As they walked away everything around me got dark as I collapsed.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3