Sequel: Hellbound

Heretic

Chapter Three Succubus

Chapter Three
Succubus
P.O.V Krissi

As we walked into Brian’s place I could feel the wave of unwelcoming energy hit me like a burn. When the woman Evelyn appeared I noticed she didn’t have an aura, which meant I couldn’t read her. She was hiding something. The way she tried to get rid of me right off the bat also gave that away. She kissed Brian as some sort of claiming on him but I didn’t pay much attention to her.
“Well I’m just glad you’re alive Babe, and I guess I owe you thanks miss?”
I turned to her meeting her eyes now.

“Krissi”.
I said shoving my fists in my pockets. Matt as he was called smiled at me.
“Well we all owe you, you did a very brave thing saving him like that”.
I shrugged at him turning away.
“I didn’t do it to be brave, I did it because it was the right thing to do”.

Brian smiled at me and I smiled back at him.
“Ok! Well you look like you could use a change of clothes and a nice warm shower”.
Evelyn said forcing a fake smile.
“Follow me”.
I made my way upstairs following after her. Once we rounded the corner she grabbed me hard forcing me back into the wall and baring her arm across my throat, her eyes narrowing at me.

“Listen good Mystic”.
She hissed, I gripped her arm narrowing my eyes back at her.
“If you so much as think if getting in my way here, I will kill you in a way so painful you will have soul burn for the rest of your days”.
I gritted my teeth narrowing my eyes back at her.
“Brian is my human, whether you saved his life or not, the fact you broke the spell around him won’t change that. So I suggest you make up a good excuse to leave before things get ugly”.

I narrowed my gaze at her.
“That’s why you’re hiding your aura, you don’t want anyone to know what you are. I bet if Brian knew you wouldn’t be here with him now”.
She tightened her grip on me.
“Push me and find out what I’m capable of Mystic”.
She hissed before letting me go. Footsteps coming down the hall brought an end to her threatening stands.

“Everything ok?”
Brian asked looking between us.
“Fine, Krissi here was just saying”.
She began but I cut her off.
“That it’s really great here. I can’t imagine being anywhere else”.
Her eyes narrowed at me. Brian smiled at me.
“Good, I’m glad”.
He filed out of the room and Evelyn narrowed her eyes at me shoving some clothes and a towel into my arms roughly before she ran out after Brian. I narrowed my eyes after her, whatever she was it wasn’t something good. There would be no other reason for her to hide her aura.

I showered and changed clothes making my way downstairs again looking around.
“I just think after today, I want to be with you now more than ever, and it will be a chance for you to check out the venue I picked out for the wedding”.
Evelyn said as I lingered round the corner.
“I can’t Eve not tonight. Krissi’s dealing with a lot right now”.
“Oh! So you don’t want to marry me now?”
Evelyn said turning the tables on him going from the desperate loving act right to the pissed off one.

“I didn’t say that Eve, if you want to leave then leave. That’s your choice not mine”.
Brian said. I had to admit he was holding his own pretty well.
“You know what fine! I’m leaving! If you decide you want to marry me I’ll be at the hotel I told you about”.
She hissed storming out of the room and walking right by me without seeing me. The crackle of anger in the air let me know that she did sense me. I walked into the kitchen looking at Brian.
“Trouble in paradise?”
I asked, Brian turned to me and sighed.
“Yeah, she’s not normally this moody. Normally she’s the life of the party and nice to everyone”.

I smirked to myself. I knew all too well it because she was a supernatural being among mortals and had all the power. Now that was threatened by me.
“Lately she’s been acting strange though. And”.
He trailed off. I frowned at him placing my hand over his.
“And what?”
He looked at me.
“It sounds strange, but I’ve been blacking out lately. Losing time, she’s always with me when it happens. I’ll wake up in our room and have no memory of what happened”.

I narrowed my eyes a bit.
“Jesus Christ”.
He looked at me confused.
“What?”
I got to my feet.
“You’re engaged to a succubus!”
No sooner had the words left my lips then I was thrown across the room hard slamming into the wall. I winced looking up at Evelyn as she approached me. Her aura exposed now the normal ash and cinder color of a demon.
“You should have stayed away angel”.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3