Sequel: Hellbound

Heretic

Chapter Nine I’m starting to get an Attraction

Chapter Nine
I’m starting to get an Attraction
P.O.V. Krissi

The flight to D.C was a quite one. Between Seb’s quite smirking watching Brian like a hawk as if he was trying to read him. And Brian not knowing what to say. Things were a little tense. As we arrived in D.C. it was raining like I expected. I hadn’t been to the hall of records in some time. The last trip I made to the hall was with Alora and Lyger to locate someone a friend of hers was looking for. That quite ache returned to my chest as I thought of my two best friends, my family and how much I missed them. But I couldn’t let them get caught up in my mess.

Brian looked around as we came to a quite café in a less populated part of the city. The few people that were inside gave gaping gazes at Seb who merely smirked at them amused by their reaction to him and his theatrical choice of appearance. As I approached the guy at the counter I took out a piece of parchment paper with the password written across it in the writing of one of the five masters. The secrets are managed by the five masters. I had been keeping it on me in case I needed it and now was the perfect time to use it.

He slid a key towards me and nodded towards the back room. Brian and Seb fell in step behind me as I passed through the door. Unlocking the door at the end of the hall that turned out to be an elevator. Brian looked around.
“So the hall of records is here?”
I nodded looking back at him.

“Mmhm. This is where the secrets of our world are kept by the five masters. Of course they are like ghosts and only appear if you earned their respect. It’s almost impossible to gain access but I managed it after helping a friend”.
Seb smirked leaning back against the wall.
“There you go being modest again”.
I looked back at him rolling my eyes.
“Krissi’s actually the type to put the needs of others before herself. That is why she won the respect of one of the masters”.
Brian smiled at me and I felt his hand slightly close around mine.
“I know, she’s amazing”.

I blushed smiling up at him not realizing the elevator had come to a stop for a moment. Seb rolled his eyes walking between us and placing his arm around my shoulders escorting me forwards. Brian growled at him from behind us.

“I don’t even know where to start looking”.
I said looking at the endless rows of files and books. Seb smirked keeping his arm around me.
“How about we start with prophecies and go from there”.
I laughed to myself.
“Right, but I don’t think we’ll find anything there”.
Seb snickered leading me forwards.
“You need to stop being so fucking modest. Violet wouldn’t be coming after you if there wasn’t a prophecy”.

I followed behind Seb running to keep pace with him. We arrived at the prophecy section. Seb began looking through things being a fast reader with an eidetic memory, his lips moved quickly as he scanned coming to a stop. He pulled a large dusty book from the shelf shoving it into Brian’s arms causing him to cough from the dust. Seb worked quickly a slight smirk on his lips as he worked. Brian looked at me.

“How is he doing that?”
“He has an eidetic memory, he’s also the fastest reader I know. That’s the thing about Seb, everything that makes him extraordinary he already possessed before he was changed”.
Brian looked at me.
“Changed?”
I nodded.
“He was turned into a nephilum by drinking the blood of a fallen angel”.
“Pure angel, not fallen”.
He said without looking at us as his eyes darted from shelf to shelf. He pulled more books off and shoved them at Brian who sneered at him.
“I’m not a fucking bookshelf!”

Seb kept working.
“Then give them to Krissi, at least she won’t bitch about holding them.”
I smiled at Seb.
“I didn’t realize it was a pure angel that gave you its blood”.
Seb nodded.
“It was, but we aren’t here to talk about me”.
He said winking at me. Brian narrowed his eyes at him.
“Why don’t you find a place to set up with those books”?
I smiled at Brian turning him towards the tables. Brian looked back at me.
“I don’t want to leave you alone with him”.

Seb laughed.
“We’re in the same fucking room genius, she won’t be alone with me.”
Brian shot him a look before going towards the tables setting down the books. He came back towards us and Seb loaded him up with more books. Brian looking about ready to knock him out. By this point I was sure Seb was doing this to torment Brian. Once we were all seated with the books. Seb smacked Brian’s hand when he tried to read one.

“Your human, spell broken or not. Besides if we wait for you to read them we’ll be here all night”.
Brian narrowed his eyes at Seb as if to accept his challenge. Grabbing a book Brian began to flip through it while Seb rolled his eyes grabbing one of the bigger books he found and reading through it at a much faster pace than Brian or I would have been able to.

“Hey! Look!”
Brian said coming across something. Seb lifted his gaze from his book looking unimpressed. I looked over at what Brian found and gaped at it. It was a drawing of me.
“Daughter of Noel and Zoey Fray, Mystic angel of Divine Light and Magic. Foretold to do battle with The Seventh son of the seventh son. A being of pure evil who seeks to claim this world with chaos and malice, his powers are unmatched, slayer of angels and mages alike. His first act of vengeance will be to summon an enraged goddess to slay the mystic angel. If the goddess fails he will show himself to his worthy enemy, and bind himself to the one she loves most as his second act of malice”.

My heart sank looking at Brian then at Seb who narrowed his eyes grabbing the book going through it.
“This is bad”.
“No shit”.
Brian shot at him. Seb narrowed his gaze at Brian now.
“Fuck you”.
Brian grabbed Seb by his jacket heaving him up out of his seat. Seb smiled at him.
“Make sure it’s a good shot because you’ll only get one”.
Seb said without fear. Brian growled at him rearing his fist I got up getting between them holding up my hands.

“Shush, listen”.
Seb and Brian looked around hearing the sound of swooshing energy around us. That was when I saw it. A vampire took form before us aiming for Brian. I shoved Brian down hard falling with him while Seb grinned catching the vampire’s fist and using it as leverage pulling the vampire forwards and snapping it’s neck.

“Next!”
He grinned looking around his eyes wild with pleasure. I fell on top of Brian blushing as I looked down at him. He smiled up at me.
“Not that I’m complaining, but I think those things are trying to kill us. We should probably get out of here”.
I nodded coming back to my senses.
“Yeah”.
I sat up helping him up as Seb smashed the skull of another vampire on the table blood going everywhere.
“WOO! I love this!”
He laughed running at a pack of them that was coming for us. Brian narrowed his eyes at Seb.
“He’s a fucking psychopath”.

I gripped Brian’s hand in mine.
“He’s a psychopath on our side with 19 years of assassin training”.
Brian looked at me shocked.
“He started training when he was born?”
I pulled him forwards.
“I’ll explain later!”
Seb kicked another vampire back and used the flame thrower he made with a tank of oxygen and a lighter he found in the supply closet. He laughed as the vampire screamed and begged for their lives.
“Seb! Come on!”
I called back to him. But it was like he didn’t hear me. Brian growled running at him and grabbing him forcing him to drop the weapon. He threw Seb back into the elevator and pushed the button quickly.
“Violet sent them. She had to”.

Brian narrowed his eyes at Seb.
“What the fuck is wrong with you? They were begging for mercy!”
Seb smirked at him.
“Have you ever known a vampire to show mercy?”
Brian shook his head.
“It doesn’t fucking matter! What separates you from them?”
Seb smirked getting in Brian’s face.
“You saying you’ve never killed anyone before Brian?”
Silence filled the elevator as Seb smirked at Brian.
“Of course you have, Mister C.I.A agent. You’ve probably killed more people then I have”.
Seb grinned.
“And I bet you were just as much as a junky for the thrill as I am, you’re just too much of a pussy to admit it”.

Brian grabbed Seb slamming him into the wall ready to punch him again. I got between them.
“Stop! Brian, just let it go ok?”
Seb grinned mockingly as Brian let him go like he had won some kind of prize by having me stick up for him. Once we left the café we headed for a hotel to spend the night. I didn’t know what I was going to do now. This whole Seventh son of the seventh son thing and Violet had my head spinning. I got a shower and was grateful for some time to myself to unwind.

As far as I knew Seb had gone to the casino to “Humiliate the mortals” and Brian was downstairs at the bar. I changed my clothes and was getting ready for bed when there was a knock at the door. I unlocked the door cracking it open to see Brian. He smiled at me.
“Hey, I wanted to talk to you about something”.
I stepped aside letting him in.
“Sure”.
I closed the door, Brian sighed sitting down hard on the bed.
“It’s Seb, that guy is seriously dangerous Krissi. And I don’t think you should keep him around”.

I sat next to Brian.
“Seb’s my friend Brian. I mean yeah he’s eccentric and not a lot of people get him but, I can’t just turn my back on him because you don’t trust him”.
Brian ran his hand back through his hair.
“That guy is going to end up getting you hurt Krissi. And I can’t let that happen to you”.
I crossed my arms shaking my head.
“Well I’m sorry you feel that way. But Seb is my friend and I won’t abandon him”.
Brian stood looking down at me.
“Krissi, I’m not saying this to be an asshole”.
I looked away from him.
“Would you turn your back on Jimmy?”

Brian shook his head.
“This is different, Jimmy didn’t just torch a bunch of vampires with a wild grin on his face like he was getting off on it!”

I stood putting my hands on my hips.
“Brian! Those vampires would have killed you!”
He narrowed his eyes at me.
“He didn’t have to kill them like that!”
I looked away from him.
“Right cause you’re so experienced with vampires”.
I said with a slightly narrowed gaze. Brian shook his head.
“You really don’t get it do you? This isn’t about Seb! It’s about you! And keeping you fucking safe!”

I crossed my arms.
“You know, by all rights you should hate me right now, I ruined your life Brian”.
I admitted tears coming to my eyes as I voiced my fears finally. It was a feeling that had been lingering within me from the moment I broke the spell around him. Suddenly and very unexpectedly Brian grabbed me in his arms and locked his lips with mine. The warmth and softness of his tender kiss set my heart fluttering. My first kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3