‹ Prequel: Thank You.
Status: Finished.

Distant Memories.

Chance.

"I feel like everything that was there, is gone." Her voice was low as she stared down at the coffee cup, she had called Steve shortly after and he was there within minutes.

She had went on and told him everything that had happened, it was as if Bucky wasn't there. The winter soldier had taken his place and she was still the target, Steve sat in silence just listening to her.

"Will this nightmare ever end?" Her eyes scanned over to him, he was chewing his lip. His eyes soft, she knew that it wouldn't end but she had only hoped. Maybe they could stop running. Maybe they could move a little bit, but that wasn't his life.

Bucky is a soldier, an asset. His life porpuse was not normal, he was supposed to kill and keep moving. He was never supposed to stay in one spot, he was never to be domesticated.

"He won't ever come back." Her words were soft, her hands rubbed together as Steve moved closer to her. His hand rested on top of her own as she learn her head on his broad shoulder.

Ava couldn't help but to wish that she had never met him, that she had said no to helping him. She should have left when given the chance, but with her being the way she was. There was no way that she could leave him behind, she couldn't abandon him. Not after he protected her, cared for her.

"Do I wait? Do I move on?"

Steve took a deep breathe and she knew what he was thinking, he would wait for Bucky. He was with him until the end of the line, but he also had moved on with his life. Being captain america and an avenger, he was moving forward.

"Give him another chance." His voice caused her to look up at him.

Another chance.

Was she really up to doing that?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?