Publicity Stunt

Business With Pleasure

“Alright, lads, with all that said and done, I believe this meeting is finished. Your album Four will be launched in mid-November, and then soon after, we'll be going on another tour to promote it.” Paul smiled at the five boys before him.

Each member of the band gave a cheer and a high five to the closest one next to them, excited for the next release of their album that was sure to be something new from the band. They were hoping that this album would be more mature than their previous ones, something that would make others aware of how far they had come as individuals and artists in the industry.

“We free to leave now, yeah, Paul?” Zayn asked as he rose from his chair at the meeting table.

Paul smiled and gave a nod. “Yeah.”

The guys gave another cheer of freedom and the lot of them then began moving towards the exit, Liam wrestling Niall into a small headlock and giving him a playful noogie on the skull as Louis and Zayn laughed at the blonde's discomfort.

“Oh, Harry,” Paul spoke up, remembering something important. “Can I have a word?”

The boys turned to look at their brunette friend, beginning to tease him. “Oooooh,” they voiced together in unison, Harry looking to his mates, smiling and waving them off, hoping they'd get the idea to shut up and shove off.

The boys left and Harry walked over to their tour manager and friend. “What's up, man?”

“Well, first off, I'd just like to say congratulations. You and the boys have been doing well these past few months.”

Harry gladly accepted the compliment. “Thanks, Paul. We're trying to do the best we can, ya know?”

He nodded and sighed. “You know, Harry, these past few months have also been a bit trying. You boys have always had a clean image, have always been marketed towards the younger crowds and such, which is why that small scandal with Louis and Zayn smoking that joint sparked quite a bit of controversy.”

Harry shifted uncomfortably at the reminder of the video of Zayn and Louis blazing in Peru that got out, and Paul immediately noticed and put him at ease. “Don't get me wrong, Harry, I'm not trying to lecture you or anything, I'm only saying that it did really shake the fan base up. When the fans started burning their tickets and posting about it on social media – I won't lie, management got shook up over it. As a result, we've been all about getting good publicity lately.”

Harry took all that Paul said in, nodding his head slowly and soon looking to him. “I know, Paul, but why are you bringing all this up right now?”

“Well, I'll be blunt about this, Harry. Management notified me that they've arranged for you to see another singer out in public as some positive PR.”

“What?” Harry stared at his manager, hoping he had heard wrong.

Paul repeated himself, “Management is setting you and another singer up for positive publicity.”

“But, but... I can't really do this, Paul.”

“Why not, Harry?”

“I just... don't want to be a part of something like this. If this is just something to get my name in the press for better publicity, can't I just do something else?”

Paul smiled sadly, “I'm really sorry, Harry, but it's already been sorted out by Syco. Besides, I've checked out the girl you'll be seeing for you and she's quite nice.”

“Who is it anyways?”

“Her name's Ryella Reed; I doubt you've heard of her. She's only just debuted in America, and although she didn't start at the top of the charts, she's climbing her way up as more people hear about her. She's a new breakout star.”

“So then I take it she's using this as a way to get her name out there some more?”

“Well, yes, but we are doing the same, mind you.”

Harry sighed and nodded. “Right,” he mused. “Paul, listen... I just don't think I can handle being at the center of this. Can't you possibly get another guy to do it?”

“Who would I?—Louis' got Eleanor, Liam's got Danielle, and Zayn's already engaged to Perrie.”

“Niall! What about Niall?”

“Oh, yes, Niall,” hearing the tone of Paul's voice shift caused for Harry to somewhat sigh of relief. “I'm afraid he actually just told me he's starting to see someone himself. That makes you the only available one, Harry. I'm sorry.”

Paul approached the young man slowly, placing a hand upon his shoulder carefully and squeezing it in a comforting manner. “Harry, I know that you really don't want to do this and be involved, but please hear me out. This isn't a longtime commitment. You'll both be 'dating' for a month or two at the most. You and I both know that this doesn't have to get serious – you don't even have to kiss or do anything else of the sort. Ryella's a nice young woman and when people see you both together, it will be great publicity for the band. She's grounded and her album is becoming an incredible hit in the States.”

Harry's brow furrowed together as he thought of his manager's words. He was right – it would be good publicity and Harry didn't have to do anything that he wasn't comfortable with doing. For all he know, she could very well be the same way. It could be over in a matter of weeks. He would just have to be seen with her, maybe hold her hand – that was it.

“Alright,” he sighed out. “I'll do it.”

Paul smiled gratefully, patting him on the back, “Thanks, Harry, and you'll see, this won't even last. It'll be old news soon enough.”

I hope so, Harry thought.

“Ryella is coming to London in a bit. They're planning on dropping her new album soon so she's coming over to promote a bit. You two will probably have to be seen around together for the press.”

“Okay, well, I'll get going then, Paul. Later.”

“Drive safely, Harry.”

With that, Harry left the meeting room and got into an elevator, heading down to Syco's parking garage to head home. As he got into his Range Rover, he whipped out his cellular phone and began to do a search on Ryella Reed.

...who is this girl...?

Image

Image

This just in, HollywoodEyers! We've just learned that Ryella Reed, Harry Styles' new girlfriend, has caught the next flight to London from LAX. Word is that she is planning to share her self-titled debut album, Ryella, with those across the pond and hopes to promote it there. While Ryella debuted in the number nine position on the Billboard 200, her album has already climbed up to the number eight slot in just a day and a half! Quite the feat for the striving young artist!

However, we can't help but wonder. Has the fact that her top secret relationship was revealed another reason for her quick departure to London? Has Miss Ryella missed being with her boyfriend so much that she's decided to resort to mixing business with pleasure? If that's the case, we can't say that we blame her! Either way, we're happy that these two lovers will be with one another soon!

We'll continue to keep you updated on Harry and Ryella's relationship, so make sure to keep your eye on Hollywood!
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Ryella and Harry will finally meet in the next chapter so stay tuned!

Lots of love to Nasia and Calli for commenting! They mean a lot to me, especially since the first chapter was sorta slow! Haha

Um, yeah... please recommend, comment, and subscribe! Thanks a ton!