Kiss Me Judas

The future is bulletproof!

“Why are you so pissed, Arianna?” My partner, Dean, asks with a chuckle. “This is your first major case; shouldn’t you be happy about that?”

That questions stops me in my tracks. I turn on my heels and look at him; glaring would be the more appropriate word. “Happy? They’re sending me on a suicide mission. They want me to flirt my way into the Gambino family. I only got this fucking case because I’m a girl.”

“That’s not true,” there is a hurt look on Dean’s face, “you got this job because you’re an amazing agent.”

“Dean, I know you’re trying to make me feel better but you know I’m right,” I sigh, “they wouldn’t risk losing the Gambino family by using an agent right out of Quantico. But since I’m a female, they’re willing to risk it all.”

“That’s, again, not true.” Dean sighs. “They want you because you have an amazing knowledge of the mafia life. Your expertise is organized crime. You know the lifestyle and how to act around them. I’ve seen the way you talk to minor players with respect like they’re used to getting. I can only imagine how you’ll act around bigger players.”

“You should stop buttering me up,” I tell him with a smirk. “Because, as my partner, you’re suppose to say these things.”

“Those things are the reason why I wanted to be your partner,” he informs me. “I want to end organized crime as much as you do. That’s why I partnered up with you while the other’s kept you at a distance.”

I look at him fondly as I play with the diamond ring on my finger. It’s the only thing I still have from my old life. It was my mother’s engagement ring. My father gave it to her after he became the head of the family. They were already married but he couldn’t give her a proper engagement ring the first time around because he was dirt poor.

As Dean goes on to tell me how much he wants to end the mafia, I can’t help but to feel like I’m betraying him. I don’t want to end organized crime, per say, but just one families. I’m not sure exactly which one but if I have to burn families to the ground, so be it.

“A, I want you to know I’ll be right there beside you,” Dean informs me. “You won’t be doing this alone.”

“I know,” I smile at him. “But it doesn’t change the fact they’re using me for this case. They’re going to doll me up and make me act a certain way. Lure Lucca Gambino into a false sense of security and destroy everything he’s ever known.”

“You knew the risks of this job when you moved up here,” he counters. “You knew what you had to do. Why take down one guy when you can use that one guy to take down the whole family?”

“This isn’t some foot soldier for the organization. This is Gergio Gambino’s son!” I exclaim. “If this kid senses something off with me; he’s going to tell daddy dearest. If that happens I’m good as gone. They’ll kill me and dump my body in the Hudson. You and I both know it. It’s almost as if they want me to fail.”

“They might know something about you that you don’t even know,” Dean shrugs, “ever thought of that.”

“I suppose,” I sigh.

“Hey how about I take you out to dinner to celebrate?” Dean suggests. “I’m sure good Italian food and a nice bottle of wine will make you feel better.”

“You sure know how to spoil a girl,” I smile. “I’d love that. I could use some decent food. I’ve been living off of Burger King for far too long.”

“Go home and get dressed,” He orders, “I’ll pick you up at your apartment around six.”

“See you then…” I smile before heading to my car. I can’t wait to go home, take a shower then head out for a decent meal. It’s going to be so nice…

**

There is a knock on my door. It;s almost six so I automatically think it’s Dean so I yell for him to come in. But it wasn’t Dean, it was Agents Mathers and Cummings; my bosses and the agents mainly in charge of the Gambino family case. I let out an annoyed sigh as they stand in my foyer, all business and emotionless.

“What are you doing here?” I ask, “I’ve got a dinner to go to.”

“Yea about that,” Agent Mathers states, “your dinner date with Agent Simmons is cancelled. We’ve got other plans for you. We found the whereabouts of Lucca Gambino; it’s time for our plan to be put into action.”

“I’m not fully aware what your plan entails.” I state, “am I suppose to bed him or make the family fall for me?”

“Both,” Agent Cummings states. “And it all starts tonight. He’s going to be eating at the same restaurant Dean was going to take you. It’s small hole in the wall Italian place called Amore.”

“Is he going to be alone?” I ask.

“Lucca is never alone.” Agent Mathers replies. “He always has a girl on his arm. They’re usually just his flavor of the week.”

“And you want me to change that?” I guess. “And let me guess, you want me to change my clothing before I head out, huh?”

Agent Cummings looks me up and down, taking in the look of my outfit which is what I usually wear. If I’m not in boring suits, I’m in black and leather; that’s just who I am.

“Actually, you look fine.” He tells me. “You’re style will set you apart from what Lucca is used to chasing. Plus your personality is perfect; you’ll have him eating out of your hand.”

“I hope you guys know what you’re doing,” I sigh, “because I’m just out of Quantico; I’m still new to everything.”

“Don’t worry, you’re not being completely feed to the lions,” Agent Mathers smirks; “plus we know about your past; Gianna.” My blood freezes in my veins at the sound of my old name. It’s been twenty years since I heard it aside from old videos the FBI was nice enough to let me have before they shipped me off to be a Rossi.

“Did you seriously think we wouldn’t know?” Agent Cummings asks. “Your former involvement in the mafia is one of the reasons why we wanted you on. You devoted your whole adult life wanting to catch those bastards that murdered your family. Now is your chance; it all starts with the Gambino family.”

“How many of you know?” I ask, quiet and almost afraid of the answer.

“Not many people,” Agent Mathers replies, “just us and another higher up agent. We want to keep this quiet as much as you do. Your life depends on it.”

“I don’t want Dean to find out,” I tell them. “At least I don’t want him to find out just yet. I’ll tell him when I’m ready. He just thinks I’m a girl that wants to clean up the streets; he has no idea that my family was the Salvatore family. The infamous mob family that was gunned down. He doesn’t know I’m Gianna Salvatore. I’m only Arianna Rossi to him.”

“Our lips are sealed,” Agent Cummings states. “But it’s time for our plan to be put in place. It’s time to go to Amore and meet your future…”

“It’s time to meet Lucca Gambino…” I sigh, dreading this completely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Arianna;work
Arianna; out

comment&subscribed?