Status: Writing with my thumbs, bare with me.

Stay High.

Home.

Ariel was a proud woman, she had two of the best men in the world by her side at all times. Two of her best friends since childhood, Steve Rogers and James buchana barnes; who also went by the name of Bucky.

As some woman would have insecurities and fears, she was confident and strong. She held her head high and never let another bring her down, she would wrap both her arms around her two friends and walk around town as if she was the queen. She wasn't stuck or snobby in any way, just happy.

Not only was one of them her best friend, but he was her lover as well. Nothing could go wrong for her, so she thought.


Ariel and Steve sat in the far booth, the bar was filled with people who had just returned home from either training, war or boot camp.

"Where is he?" Ariel muttered nervously, when he would leave for long periods at a time it would wreck her nerves. When she watched every one else walk into the bar, she wanted cry when he hasn't walked into the bar with them.

"Relax" She heard Steve and soon felt his small scrauny hand on top of hers. "He'll be here soon." As much as Steve hated to admit it, he had small amount of feelings for Ariel. But that was his best friends girl and he would never make a move on her.

"He better hurry up, I'll kick his ass Steve." She spoke as she scrunched her nose, causing Steve to laugh. Ariel watched as her friend went to grab more drinks, not like she was a big drinker; but her nerves were going crazy. All she wanted was Bucky Barnes to walk through that door.

Instead, she rushed from her seat to help Steve who was being dragged outside in the back. "Hey, back off." The man smirked at her while turning his attention to Steve.

"When I'm done with you, she's next." The man raised his fist to smack it down into Steve's face, Ariel covered her eyes not being able to look. But she didn't hear anything, it was silent. Except for a slight grunt, slowly Ariel looked over and almost jumped him.

Bucky stood over the man, his hand in a fist and a scowl on his face. "No one touches my friend, or my girl." She watched as the man stood, one hand over his nose and the other across his stomach. "Go pick on someone else." Bucky's voice was stern and yet threatening on many different levels. She couldn't help but to smile at his assertiveness.

"I had him, he didn't stand a chance." Her eyes went to Steve, he stood as if ready for a fight and she covered her mouth as to not laugh.

"Okay buddy." Bucky placed a hand on his shoulder before turning his full attention to Ariel, her brown hair rested just below her shoulders. Her cheeks had a slight blush to them and her bottom lip was pouted out slightly. She could see the smile on his face along with the apologetic look as well. "I'm sorry I took so long."

His arms engulfed her, allowing her face to rest on his buttoned up jacket. Her hands tucked to her chest just letting him hold her, she felt at peace. "I'm just glad you're home safe." She spoke into his chest, a chuckle escaped his lips causing her to look up at him.

"I'll always return home safe, nothing is going to keep me from coming home to you." His thumb and index finger rested on her chin, pulling her face towards his allowing there lips to touch. It was a soft kiss, an 'I missed you' kiss and Ariel couldn't be happier.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is chapter one to my new Bucky story, j hope you enjoy it.