Sequel: 12 Years of Secrets
Status: active

Untangle Me

First Encounters

"Right 'scuse out the way then sis!" my messy haired twin brother grinned, shoving me behind him as he looked for an empty compartment to sit in.
"But James, mum and dad said we had to stay together, remember?" I said as I struggled to keep up with my brother's excited strides.
"I don't have to look after you all the time Fifi, you're not a baby." he frowned.
"I know," I defended, feeling quite sad, "it's just that I don't know anyone else yet."

Quietly I trudged behind my twin brother until he came to a halt. There were two compartments, one had a red headed girl and a boy with long black hair and a large hook nose and the other had a boy with shoulder length wavy black hair.

"Right, you take that one with ginger and the bat and I'll take this one." James said with a jerk of his head. "He looks like an alright bloke. I'll see you later!"

Before I could even open my mouth he was in the compartment introducing himself to the boy sat in there. With a great sigh, I swallowed my nerves and slid open the door. Both sets of eyes turned to face me an I felt my face flush red.

"Hi, um... I'm er, just.." I stammered.
"Do you want to join us?" the redhead asked.
I nodded, "Yes, please. If you don't mind?"
"Not at all, do we Severus?" she asked the boy opposite her.
"Of course not." he said not looking up from the floor.

I took my seat and turned to her. She was extremely pretty and very pale. Her fiery hair colour made her emerald green, almond shape eyes sparkle.

"I'm Lily by the way, Lily Evans and this is my friend Severus." she informed me.
"Ophelia Potter." I replied.

We began talking about Hogwarts and what house we hoped we'd be sorted into. Lily was muggle born so she didn't know much about Hogwarts but I was more than happy to tell her everything I knew.

"I suppose Ravenclaw wouldn't be bad but I'm hoping for Gryffindor." I shrugged.

The truth was James had threatened to never speak to me again if I didn't make Gryffindor house.

Severus made a face, "Gryffindor is alright if you'd rather have brawn than brain."
"Why, what house do you want to go in?" I asked skeptically.
"Slytherin." he said pushing out his chest with pride.

I couldn't help but laugh, which I tried to cover up as a sneeze and failed.

"Is something funny, Ophelia?" Severus sneered.
"Everybody knows Slytherin's are all evil." I shrugged.
"That's not very nice Ophelia!" Lily scolded defending Severus.
"Well it's true. You can even ask my brother."

As if right on cue, James burst through the door, followed closely behind by the wavy haired boy he had chosen to sit with earlier.

"Ophelia, do you have any money? I lost all mine in a bet to a third year in a game of exploding snap and I'm hungry." he asked pushing his glasses up his nose with his wand. He'd take his eye out one of these days - mother had warned him plenty times before.

I sighed reaching into my pocket and pulling out my coin purse. I grabbed a small handful and shoved them into his hand. He quickly stuffed them into his school robes and grinned.

"So who are your friends?" he asked eyeing up Severus with an evil glint I knew all too well.
"That's Severus Snape and this is Lily Evans." I introduced them.
"Severus? More like Snivellus!" laughed the boy stood next to James. His laugh was like a bark and very unnecessarily loud.
"And you are?" I quizzed with an eyebrow raised.
"Sirius Black. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said with a cheeky grin and a wink. "I think we should be off now James, don't you? I think I can hear something goo-ing on down the other end of the train."
"Well sis, I've got to go and see a man about a hippogriff! See ya later Fifi. Bye Evans, later Snivellus." He laughed and slid compartment door shut once more.
"I'm sorry he's a bit excitable. He's lovely when you get to know him." I offered as an excuse for my brothers behaviour.
"Typical Gryffindor." Severus muttered.

Without warning the compartment began to shake and cloud with a yellow fog. There was a deafening bang and I was hit from every angle with a horrible thick goo. Eventually the smoke cleared and all three of us were covered from head to toe in a thick yellow slime.

I'd get my revenge on Sirius if it was the last thing I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've basically wrote this entire story in about four days. I got an idea and haven't been able to stop, I'm sorry. I'm not.
I hope you like it and please give feedback.
Xx