Sequel: 21

18

Baby, I Don't Want To Feel Alone

Image


Maylee Jae


I woke up to the sound of Austin moving around in the kitchen. Last night when we got to his house, he decided that we should go to dinner and that is what we did. We went to this really adorable sushi restaurant that was not too far from his house. We ate too much and came back to his house and we drank a few beers before deciding to go to bed. I fell asleep on the couch and Austin had grudgingly taken his bed.

I pulled the blanket off my body and looked up at the clock. It was only 4 in the morning but we had a 12 hour drive ahead of us and he had to check in to our hotel after 2 p.m. but before 10. So we decided to leave at 5 a.m. so that we would get there in time. I sat up and rubbed my eyes as Austin started to hum along to the music he was listening to. It was soft but I could hear it, not clearly but the music still reached my ears.

Silently I grabbed my suitcase and went to the guest bathroom to get ready for this day of travel with Austin. After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I applied some winged eyeliner and pink lip gloss. I braided my bangs back and pulls my hair into a messy bun spraying it a little with some hairspray and picking at it to make it messy.

I pulled on my multi blue color jeans and a black tank top before sliding on my "Dibs on the whole band" sweatshirt. I slipped on my slippers before completing the look with black rose earrings, some bangle bracelets. I grabbed my henna chocker and put it on before sliding my sunglasses on top of my head and switching purses.

"Uh Jae?" Austin said knocking on the door. I swung open the door and smiled at him. "Oh good. You are ready to go. We can leave after you eat some breakfast." I smiled at him. "I have fruit and cereal."

"Thanks." I stood on my toes and placed a kiss on his cheek. I moved around him with my suitcase and tossed it on the couch before walking into the kitchen. I glance over my shoulder that Austin still stood in front of the bathroom door with his hand up to his cheek. I shook my head and went to eat some of the fruit that he had on the counter. I ate an apple and an orange before he joined me in the kitchen.

"I put your suitcase in the car." Austin smiled at me as he leaned against the counter and finished drinking his coffee. "So I need to ask."

"Shoot." I told him. He looked at me and licked his lips.

"Why do you drive a Honda Civic?" I laughed at him for a moment.

"It was my brother's car. When he uh died it was passed to me in his will." I said biting my lip as I thought about my older brother.

"Oh." Austin said quietly. I nodded as I rinsed off my bowl and put it in the sink with water in it.

"I'm ready to go." I smiled at him changing the depressing subject. He rinsed out his coffee cup and turned off the lights. I went out to his car and climbed into the passenger seat. I covered my legs with the blanket that Austin had set on the seat for me. "Thanks!"

"You are welcome." Austin smiled as he climbed into the driver seat. I smiled at him because this was going to be the longest drive ever.

***


We arrived at the hotel a little bit before the cut off time to check in and I could tell that Austin was jittery. I figured it was because he thought we would be late to arriving at the hotel. Luckily we made it on time and we got checked it.

"Holy shit." I muttered as I looked around the room that I was be sharing with Austin. He had told the hotel that we were newly weds just so we would get a nice room and so that he would not have to pay for an extra room. The manager was some strict prick who was against a man and a woman laying together in unwed.

"It's super nice." Austin said looking at the room. "I can't wait to climb into that bed. It looks wonderful."

"I have to do something." I smiled at him mischievously. He raised an eyebrow but before he could ask a question, I ran towards the bed and jumped on it performing a bed check. "Oh yeah, its nice, Austin."

"Move over." Austin said. He shut the door behind him and laid down on the bed next to me. "Damn, this is a nice fucking bed."

"True that." I laughed.

"Get up. Let's go and find a place to eat." Austin said from my side. I sat up and looked at him. "No ands, ifs, or butts."

"Dude, we ate like a few hours ago. You can't be hungry again." I said looking at him.

"I am a 6 foot tall man. I metabolize like its going out of style." He laughed. I shook my head at him as I sat up.

"You are ridiculous." I shook my head at him. "How about we just find some takeout and get some beers?"

"Takeout and beers?" Austin asked me. I nodded. "I think Oregon was a bad idea. I'm going to take you to Vegas to marry you."

"What?" I asked him. He smiled at me that gorgeous smile that made my heart melt.

"You go get the takeout and I will get the beer." He smiled at me as he handed me five 20s. I handed him back his money and looked at him.

"Let's go together." I smiled at him. He nodded at me and grabbed my hand on our way out the door. I smiled at our hands entwined together and couldn't help but feel like the happiest girl, even person in the world.
♠ ♠ ♠
Maylee's Outfit