Sequel: 21

18

I Have Loved You Since We Were 18

Image


Maylee Jae


"How'd you two meet?" Austin's best friend, Micah asked. I looked at Austin hoping that he would not remember the first thing I had ever said to him.

"If I remember correctly she told me to, and I quote, "Stand up. Take a walk. Go to the airport. Get on a plane. Never return." And now look where we are." Austin laughed. I groaned and looked to the side of the table. I was now six months pregnant and planning a shotgun wedding to have with Austin next month when I was huge. So we were using this time to now get to meet and invite those closest to us. Tonight we were out with his friend from high school.

"Wow. You were such a little feisty one." Micah laughed.

"Was?" Austin laughed. I rolled my eyes at him as the waiter set down my salad in front of me. "But I called you here tonight because we are getting married next month in Vegas."

"What? That's awesome!" Micah smiled at us. "What date?"

"June 10th." I told him.

"I will make sure I'm free. When is the little one due?" Micah asked me. Austin reached into his pocket and pulled out, not only the wedding invitation but the sonogram that we were giving to everyone that announced the day the baby would be born. "July 4th. How patriotic."

"That's what Jae said." Austin laughed. I let the boys catch up as I ate everything that was put in front of me. I had noticed that as I was nearing the end of my pregnancy, I was constantly hungry.

***


"I'll be there when the baby is born." Micah told me as he helped me get into the car as Austin paid the valet.

"We'd love for you to be there." I told him. He placed a kiss on my head and shut the door before hugging Austin. They exchanged a few words before Austin climbed into the car. He smiled over at me before pulling away from the curb.

"I'm ready to go to bed." Austin yawned. I looked over at him.

"Baby?" I asked him. He made a "hmm" sound and kept his eyes on the road. "Can we stop at Baskin Robbins?"

"Anything for my loves." He laughed. I thanked him with a smile and fiddled with the hem of my dress. I had felt like wearing a dress today because I wasn't irritated and cranky which I had been for most of my pregnancy but Austin did a great job at keeping me happy.

"I think I might get the bowl this time." I told him with a yawn.

"Are you sure you want ice cream?" Austin asked me as he stopped at a light. He turned and looked at me. I shook my head. "Too tired now?" I nodded. "Let's get you home and to bed. You have to meet with Linda to talk about the cake."

"No cake. Cupcakes." I chuckled. "I still need to get my dress."

"You can go tomorrow, too." He told me. "Can I marry you in my converse?"

"Only if I can, too."

"Deal." Austin smiled as he started to head for home. I leaned my head back against the seat and shut my eyes slowly drifting to sleep.

Austin Robert


I parked the car in the garage and looked over at Maylee as she slept in the front seat. She had fallen asleep once I had hit the freeway to go home. I had read that pregnancy would make her tired but I definitely did not expect this. She was talking abut flowers and then she was asleep.

I smiled at my wife-to-be and smiled happily. She was the epitome of beautiful and I fell more and more in love with her everyday. She stirred slightly as I shut my door but remained asleep. I went to her side and opened the door with a smile on my face as I looked at her.

"Hey baby. We are home. Do you want to wake up and walk yourself to bed?" I asked her. She nodded sleepily and opened her eyes to slits. She groaned and handed me her purse and necklace. Once she pushed open the garage door leading to the house, she removed her jacket and kicked off her shoes making them fly towards the couch. As she made her way up the stairs, her hands found the back of her dress and she unzipped it before shaking her arms free and letting the dress fall on the steps under her feet. This had been her routine for the last month. Whenever we got home she would undress throughout the house and climb into bed wearing one of my Slayer muscle tees.

"Come to bed, Carlile." She demanded sleepily.

"Yes ma'am." I smiled racing up the stairs to climb into bed and go to sleep with her. This was what my life was going to be and I was happy about that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Maylee's Outfit

Also, I need names for the baby. I will take suggestions for a boy or a girl. I will need first and middle names! Best name wins and will get a message from me about being a character in the sequel!