‹ Prequel: Heretic
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Hellbound

Chapter Three Dead to the world

Chapter Three
Dead to the world

Zacky’s place looked like something out of a mafia movie. It was huge and kind of ostentatious for my tastes. I crossed my arms once we were standing in the lobby together and his goons excused themselves. Zacky turned to face me.
“So, is this the part where you send me off with some tough guy to stay on some island you own?”
Zacky smirked shaking his head.

“Actually it doesn’t work that way”.
He said cracking a smile. I followed him down the hallway.
“Lyger is paying for my personal protection. Which isn’t cheap”.
Zacky said as we entered his office.
“You stay with me, I protect you from the people who want you dead and the angels. That’s how this deal works”.
He explained sitting behind a desk. I looked around.
“I guess you’re going to spend a lot of that time with the girls who work for you”.
Zacky snickered sitting forwards.
“You think you know me huh angel girl?”
I looked at him.
“Isn’t that what all crime lords do?”
Zacky nodded.
“In the movies. I’ve never touched one of my girls. Yeah they want me to, but it would be like a farmer fucking one of his cows. Get me?”

Zacky smirked lighting a cigarette.
“And I don’t fuck my cows”.
I rolled my eyes at his analogy. I sat down on one of the couches hugging my knees to my chest.
“Then you have a wife. Or a girlfriend right?”
Zacky laughed to himself.
“Wow, you sure are interested in my love life”.
I shook my head.
“I just want to know if anyone you care about will come to risk at the hands of Seb and...”
I trailed off thinking of Brian as Syn. I couldn’t even say his name.
“You know why all the other crime lords hate me?”
Zacky said as he sat forwards looking at me with cold almost mean eyes.
“Because I am untouchable. There is no one I care about, there is nothing they can do to shake me. Or take me down. I care about one person in this world. Me, that’s it. The rest of the world can fuck itself for all I care as long as I make my money and remain untouchable”.
I looked down normally I would have called Zacky a selfish bastard and stormed out of his office. But not now, not when I’ve lost everything.

“Maybe I should start living my life that way”.
I said lightly.
“Not care about anyone but myself”.
Zacky exhaled smoke from his lips.
“You’ll never get hurt”.
I looked at him giving a nod getting to my feet.
“Is there a place I can rest?”
Zacky pointed up.
“Pick a room. The one at the end of the hall is mine, take whatever one you want”.
I nodded filing out of the room shoving my hands in my pockets as I made my way upstairs. Once I was in the room I chose I took a shower and changed into some clothes I found in the closet. Taking my hair up into a messy bun I sat down on my bed feeling Seb’s energy. I got up walking to the window and pulling back the curtain. Seb was standing outside the gate to the house a smirk on his lips as his eyes locked with mine. Using his fingers to form a gun he held it to his hand making like it fired he mouthed the word “Boom” at me.

I let the curtain fall back closing my eyes. This was bad, I made my way downstairs running to Zacky’s office.
“He’s outside! Seb is outside!”
Zacky got to his feet growling to himself as he took his gun to the door. I ran after him staying back as he opened the door. Seb was gone. There was no sign of anyone outside the gate. Zacky’s eyes narrowed at his men.
“Search the grounds”.
They nodded doing as they were told. Zacky grabbed my arm taking me back to his office closing the door and locking it. He took out another gun tossing it to me. I fumbled with it.
“What the hell!”

I cried. Zacky narrowed his eyes picking it up and shoving it into my chest.
“Use it!”
I shook my head quickly.
“I’ve never shot a gun in my life”.
Zacky cursed rolling his eyes and walking back to me. He took the safety off cocking the gun and forcing it in my hand.
“Aim at what you want to shoot and pull the trigger.”
He said taking his gun again looking out the back windows. There was a sound in the hall that sounded like gunfire. Zacky narrowed his eyes flipping the desk over and grabbing me forcing me down behind it. He ducked down with me.
“Aim for the head”.
He whispered. I shook my head looking at him. I couldn’t do that to someone. The doors banged open.
“I know you’re in here Krissi”.

Seb said from the doorway.
“Tell your new friend his guards are dead and there is no way out”.
“You just told me yourself dick head”.
Zacky said from his place next to me. Seb laughed.
“I did didn’t I?”
Zacky narrowed his eyes at the sound of footsteps. Seb cocked his gun standing over us. I looked up at him. Zacky moved fast shooting Seb in the arm forcing him to drop his gun. He grabbed my hand in his pulling me with him forcing me out the door. I skidded to a stop seeing Syn blocking my path.
“Where are you going baby?”
He smirked as Seb would as he approached me. I backed up shaking my head.
“Don’t make me”.

Syn smirked.
“You couldn’t shoot me. You don’t have it in you angel”.
I almost broke into tears when he called me angel. Zacky growled shooting Syn in the shoulder taking him off his feet. He shoved me into the car starting it up and speeding away from the house.
“Why the fuck did you hesitate!”
Zacky yelled at me. I looked down tears rolling down my cheeks.
“Because, I love him”.
I swallowed hard closing my eyes as tears beaded through my lashes.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3