Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Vampire

Chapter One Chosen

Chapter One
Chosen

Ok so normally I’m used to having my painfully nerdy dreams of being at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Hell sometimes I even have dreams about being Sailor Moon. Or being a princess waiting in a tower for a prince to save me. But tonight was the weirdest dream I’ve ever experienced. I opened my eyes to find myself in a field of lush green grass that was comfortable, more comfortable then my bed. Gazing up at and endless star filled sky that took my breath away. Each star looked like a single perfect diamond. And the full moon that hung over head was larger then I remembered and a deep shade of sapphire blue. Pushing myself to stand I looked down at myself.

Wearing a corset top beautiful amethyst purple gown with a full skirt that made me feel like a princess. My pink and blond hair in perfect curls resting against my shoulder blades as I scanned my surroundings I was completely alone in this beautiful scene. Was this the part where the prince showed up and swept me away? I thought to myself as I turned in a full circle taking in my surroundings. I stopped dead as my eyes fixed on a large tree in the distance. A beautiful cherry blossom tree in full bloom. Its lush pink petals were so beautiful they had a glow in the moons sapphire blue light. Under the tree a woman was standing waiting for me.

“Come to me daughter of night”.
A voice as beautiful as music sang to me drawing me forwards. I wanted to run to her, I wanted to throw myself into her arms. I lifted my skirt slightly so I wouldn’t trip over it like a moron. Because more often than not when I run I always end up falling on my face. I rushed across the field the urgency building in my chest. By the time I reached the woman I was breathless and dropped to my knees trying to catch my breath as I looked up at her taking her in. She was beautiful. Her face matched mine, but older not like 30 or 40 but like a 20 year old me. Her hair was so black that it had flicks of purple and blue in it. Her eyes were green like mine but more amazing. Because her eyes were like two perfect green emeralds. And her body was perfect, she had the body of a goddess.

Dressed in a sleek silver silk dress that rappelled down her perfect body like a silver flowing river. Kneeling before me cupping my chin she smiled down at me.
“Daughter of night, the time has come for you to take your place in this world. To right the wrongs of evil and protect those worthy of your love and protection”.
I blinked at her tears coming to my eyes.

“Who are you? Why do you look like me?”
I whispered feeling the tears rolling down my cheeks. I was confused and scared but at the same time, I was happy to see her, I still wanted to hug her and cry like a baby.
“I am the mother of your soul, I am your creator my darling daughter. You were born from my infinite love and given to this world as my gift of protection, Hope and light. Your soul came into being because of me. Your body came into being because of the mortal parents I selected for you. They are the parents for your body, I am the parent of your soul. Your eternal mother”.

I gaped at her still not understanding what was happening here. Her hand gently stroked my cheek and she continued to smile at me.

“However if you are looking for a name, my name is Nyx and I am the goddess of night, the moon and magic. I am as I said your creator you were born from me in the ethereal world. I then gifted you to the mortals who raised you so that someday you could protect this world from an evil that only you can stop. Of course there will be other evils but that is for another time. For now you must come into your own as the Alchemist of Night, The Moon, and the element of Spirit. Which is the command of all elements. Do not fear my child for you will not be alone. Your vampire consort will arrive when the bell chimes and you will be taken to join others like you”.

For someone who should have been full of questions I had none. Instead I sat in silence and watched Nyx as she spoke to me. Finally feeling that motherly connection I had longed for all my life. As she looked me over once more the way a mother would her child after being reunited with her. Tears coming to her eyes as she smiled down at me.
“I am so sorry about the mortal mother you were given, she did not deserve to have an amazing daughter like you. I do hope that someday you can forgive me for my poor choice. But know that I have never left you. And I never will”.

She whispered before she leaned in and pressed her lips against my forehead. I closed my eyes feeling a surge of power pass from her to me. Then, I woke up. No alarm clock needed because I heard the doorbell. I shot upright at the sound of the doorbell and bolted from my room still caught up in the energy of that strange dream. I heard my father talking with someone in the hall and as I rounded the corner I skidded to a stop at the top of the stairs as his eyes locked with mine. Flashes of a hundred years of this moment passed through me, always like this though. Me at the top of the stairs and him standing at the bottom looking up at me. We had met this way before a hundred times before.

My father gaped up at me.
“Kristen?”
He said looking shocked like he hadn’t been looking at me for the past seventeen years. I raised an eyebrow at his expression coming out of my daze.

“What?”
I questioned him as I started down the steps towards him absentmindedly fixing my hair trying to flatten it to my head assuming I probably looked like hell. That had to be why Dad looked so stunned at my appearance. It wasn’t until I reached the bottom of the stairs and caught a glimpse out myself in the old antique mirror that hung there. I still looked like me but there was something different, a beautiful translucent tattoo that looked like someone had drawn on me with clear white shimmering glitter. It was two half-moons back to back with a full moon in the center that had a tint of blue to it. There was intricate lace waves that banded across the rest of my forehead making the mark look like a tiara. A tiara for a princess.

“What happened?’
Dad asked looking stunned, my step-mom who by the way is nothing like fairy tales make step-mothers out to be. She was actually a great mom to me more than my birth mom who cared more about men and partying then being a parent. She gaped at us tears coming to her eyes.

“Oh my lord! Kristen”.
She breathed smiling through her tears. Dad still looked stunned not understanding. I looked back at the man who stood silent looking on. He smiled at me, a familiar smile that made my heart flutter.
“Your daughter is marked, she’s been chosen by the Goddess Nyx to be Alchemist of Night, the Moon and The element of Spirit which is command of all elements”.
He said taking a card from his pocket and grinning to himself.

“How about that, I got it right without reading the card”.
He laughed. Dad looked between us.
“Wait a minute. Are you here to take my daughter?”
Dad said narrowing his eyes now becoming the over protective father I knew and loved.
“Alec”.
My step mom said stepping forwards and putting her arms around him.
“She has been chosen. And this young man must be her vampire”.
He nodded to her.

“That I am. The names Rev. and I’m here to take Krissi to Alchemy High. She’s been accepted with a full scholarship to the campus in Huntington California you and your wife will of course be moved as well. You’ll be living in a compound with the other families, don’t worry it’s nicer then you think”.
He laughed good naturedly. I looked at Rev getting a good feeling from him. Dad wasn’t sharing that feeling. It was probably all his tattoos that set him off and dad was good at reading people. Rev turned away from him probably because he knew he’d never get my father’s blessing and smiled at me.

“You should go pack. We gotta get moving”.
I smiled at Rev giving a nod as everything set in on me. It wasn’t a dream. This was real life. My life and I was excited about this. I dashed upstairs to my room and showered quickly before getting dressed in my favorite Iron Maiden t-shirt and an old pair of slightly torn jean shorts. Adding my favorite purple knee socks and a pair of black knee high boots. I took my blond and pink hair into a ponytail and began to pack quickly stuffing as much of my clothes into my bag.

As I reached my graphic novels, manga’s and video games I had to prioritize and only take what I couldn’t live without. I grabbed a couple of Batman’s and my Sailor Moon Crystal manga’s stuffing them in on top of my clothes. Zipping up my bag I lugged it into the hallway.
“We’ll bring the rest of your things with us”.
Mom said as she met me in the hall. I smiled up at her giving a nod.
“Is Dad ok?”
I frowned a bit. She smiled at me giving a nod.
“He’ll be fine, I think he’ll grow to trust this vampire of yours”.
She promised. I hugged her tightly.

“Please take care of dad! And I’ll get to visit you guys on weekends once you get settled”.
Mom smiled at me.
“We look forward to it sweet heart”.
I made my way downstairs and Mom handed my bag off to Rev who walked out to the expensive looking red sports car that was waiting in the driveway. I turned to face my dad who had been with me for everything. I could feel the tears building in my eyes and my excitement went away. My heart hurt now. Dad hugged me tightly and I hugged him back just as tight. Even if I’d get to see him on weekends and for summers I’d still miss him like hell. He kissed the top of my head before parting from our hug.

“I’ll see you soon”.
He said. Dad never said Goodbye. It made me feel better that he was sticking to that little rule now. I walked out the door to where Rev was waiting by the expensive looking sports car. He opened the passenger door for me and I got in. My old life seeming to vanish behind the tinted windows of the sports car. I would never be here again. I would never be the girl who lived here all her life again. I was changed and I had a feeling that this was only the beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3