Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Vampire

Chapter Fifteen Prophetess

Chapter Fifteen
Prophetess

Harlyn and Alexus were moved into the girl’s dorm of our coven. Avery, Elle and Aria were shut up in their bedroom and refused to interact with any of us. Amanda relaxed more when Harlyn and Alexus began to bond as best friends. I think she felt less threatened. We were sitting in the common room. The girls shut up in their room ignoring us like always. We were watching a supernatural ghost hunting show that had Amanda and Alexus scared. Harlyn and I weren’t. We were aware of ghosts and the paranormal it was part of our world. And not something we overly feared. Kind of like sisters, again this probably made Amanda a little uneasy.

Night was sitting nearby not really watching the TV show. And not really watching me. His eyes were on Harlyn. Beautiful blond perfect Harlyn. I smiled as I noticed his gaze on her. Maybe Harlyn really wasn’t meant for a vampire, maybe she was meant for a god created demon of darkness that was charged with keeping me alive and safe.
I nudged Amanda lightly and she jumped before looking at me.

“What?”
She whispered looking scared, I smirked leaning close to her.
“Any readings on them?”
I said looking from Night to Harlyn. Amanda smiled her face lighting up as she looked between them.
“Intense passion. True love properties. Yes serious intense vibes”.
She laughed lightly to herself getting all giddy like she normally did when it came to romance. Harlyn looked at us raising an eyebrow.
“What are you so happy about?”
She asked in her normal snobbish tone that was just Harlyen’s way of talking.
“Nothing”.
Amanda and I said at the same time. We finished watching the show, but Alexus wanted to get a snack before bed. After what happened with Damien I wasn’t about to let her go alone. We walked towards the kitchen armed with flashlights. And a baseball bat. That was Amanda’s idea. She was holding the bat while the rest of us had flashlights.

“So what is it exactly your scared of? Some super-hot guy jumping out at you?”
Harlyn smirked in her snarky tone. Amanda rolled her eyes.
“I am simply being safe rather than sorry”.
I laughed to myself as we entered the kitchen coming to a stop when we stood across from Avery, Elle and Aria who were just on their way out of the kitchen arms full of chip bags and sodas.
“Awe were you looking for these?”
Aria laughed, Amanda narrowed her eyes at Aria.
“Why do you have to be such a witch?”
Amanda said with pain in her voice. Avery narrowed her eyes right back at us.
“Why do you have to be such a backstabbing wench?”

Harlyn laughed at the three of them.
“Classy, very classy girls. Thought are you sure it’s wise for you to eat all that junk food, you’re all looking a little puffy”.
She grinned a mean grin.
“That’s it!”
Aria roared taking Harlyn to the ground. I grabbed Aria heaving her off of Harlyn who started to scream. Everyone froze as we all saw Harlyn’s eyes were bleeding.
“Get Athena!”
I called to Amanda and Alexus they ran from the room while I fell to Harlyn’s side as she screamed. I grabbed her hand in mine squeezing it.
“Blood! So much blood! The heart of his first born is the key!”

She began to say.
“Oh God! The council everyone is going to die! He’s killing them all! They are killing them all!”
Harlyn cried out clutching my hand.
“It’s you he wants Krissi! It’s you. Oh god! He’ll kill us all! He wants to kill us all! Everyone but you!”
Athena rushed in with Amanda and Alexus. Two members of the medical staff rushed in as well.
“No wait! Don’t move me yet!”
Harlyn cried out holding tight to my hands. I frowned down at her tears rolling down my cheeks.
“He won’t stop until he has you. The world will burn and he will ignite it”.
Harlyn half cried before her hand slipped from mine the blood running down from her eyes soaking her top.

“I’m ready”.
She said, Athena and the medical staff rushed Harlyn out. Amanda linked her arm with mine looking at me worriedly.
“Lex and I will go back to the dorm. You should be with Harlyn now she looked scared”.
I nodded hugging them both before leaving the room. Once I arrived at the infirmary Night was waiting for me or, maybe he had come here for Harlyn because he knew she’d be scared. Harlyn was on a bed with bandages around her eyes. I entered the room and Night stood fisting his hand to his heart.
“Goddess”.
I smiled at him walking over and sitting at Harlyn’s side.
“Don’t freak out on me now, last thing I need is for you to lose your shit”.
Harlyn said sounding like her normal snarky self. I wiped at my eyes before turning to her again.

“Are you, blind now?”
Harlyn sighed.
“Don’t know, Hecate never gave me an affinity before now. From what Athena said, turns out I’m a prophetess”.
She said in a sarcastic happy tone. I sighed lightly as I held her hand in mine.
“If I’m blind I am gunna be super pissed, my reflection is hella hot and it would be a crime not being able to look at myself, then there is the matter of applying my makeup”.

Night stayed at her side and I turned myself to him.
“Night, as your goddess I am assigning you to overnight protection for Harlyn”.
“Whoa, wait. I’m counting on him to look out for you, you’re his charge Krissi. If I’m not there to keep you safe after everything I saw about that nasty guardian angel of yours. I need to know you’re ok”.

I smiled at her.
“I will be fine. I have a feeling Jimmy’s going to get me back to the dorm safe and sound. Night please keep Harlyn save if she has any more visions call for Athena”.
I wanted to ask him to write them down. But he couldn’t do that and call for Athena to come help. I stood just as Jimmy appeared in the doorway looking like he had run all the way here.

“What happened?”
Jimmy asked looking at Harlyn.
“Oh nothing much, I might be blind forever and turns out my affinity is giving people bad news. Oh joy, how my goddess loves me”.
Harlyn said in her normal sarcastic tone. Jimmy looked at her frowning.
“Shit, I’m sorry Harlyn”.
She sighed.
“Oh well, this is what I get for being a fabulous bitch”.

I laughed lightly squeezing her hand.
“I’ll come back before class”.
I promised before taking Jimmy’s hand in mine walking with him from the infirmary I knew I’d done the right thing leaving Night with Harlyn. He wouldn’t have felt right leaving her alone. When we got back to the dorm I told Amanda and Lexa what happened. Amanda gasped cupping her hands over her mouth tears in her eyes. Lexa had the same reaction.
“Poor Harlyn”.
She whispered. I looked up seeing Avery, Elle and Aria leaning in the archway over hearing what happened.

“Will she really be blind?”
Elle frowned coming into the group. She dropped to her knees in front of me.
“We don’t know if she’ll get her sight back or not. She’s handling it like a trooper, completely snarky and sarcastic when I’m around. But I know, Night knows. She’s terrified and so am I”.
I whispered leaning my head against Jimmy’s shoulder. His arms around me. Her vision was so vivid, she said things and that was when it dawned on me. Damien was probably going to be transported to the council building.

The blood and death she saw of the council members. I got to my feet.
“Raven is going to murder the council using Damien to do it! That’s how he is going to break free! Create so much death around himself that it shatters his prison”.

I turned bolting from the room not caring that I had just practically told Amanda and the other girls about Raven. I needed to keep Damien from being transferred. I needed to stop this before Raven freed himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3