Green Eyes Dont Lie

o15

"She crashed on the way in..."

"How is she doing?, Has the doctors come by yet?.."

"Valary can I get you anything?.."

"Matt there here...get Zack..."

"We had to intubate her but she's stabilizing progressively..."

"I should have went with you...I'm so sorry.."

"She almost died what do you mean I need to calm down?!"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gasped. Eye's flying open as my brain replayed the scenes from what happened to me, The lights where dim the walls stark white, a dismal beeping sound drew my attention to a pulse ox, wrapped on my finger, the weight of my own body was a harsh feeling my mind trying to catalog my injuries mentally. Out the window it was dark out, the sky a soft ashy black, water streaked down the window.
Rain.
I looked around a little and noticed a head at my waist, black hair slicked back, white tee shirt poking out of the top of his hoodie. I stroked Zack's head and he stirred a little lifting his head realizing what had happened he became alert he sat up leaning in.
"Hey" He whispered taking my hand lifting it to his lips giving me a small kiss
"Hey your self" I whispered my voice cracking, I rubbed my throat as Zack handed me a cup of water
"They uhm, they had to intubate you, you seized before they got you in to the ambulance and went in to cardiac arrest when you got here it was touch and go for a few days" His voice was a mixture of sad and worried. A few days? How long have I been here. I downed the glass of water looking at my arms., cut,s scrapes, a IV in my hand, bruises
"A few days?" I asked giving Zack a side ways look
"You've been in and out for 5 days, the doctors said you're recovering amazingly but need to stay for a week or two to make sure there isn't any brain bleeds, swelling or anything insane going on inside your body. I swallowed hard closing my eyes laying my head back against the bed
"What about..." I didn't finish what I was going to ask in my mind I saw him dead on the floor not even five feet from me shot by a cop who saved my life.
"He's dead" he said simple cut and dry no emotion. I breathed a sigh of relief as fucked as it sounded I was happy, I was over fucking joyed that he was dead. The machine by my bed made a soft hum sound and my eyes where getting heavy.
"Go back to sleep I'll be right here when you wake up" Zack said standing up kissing my forehead
"Promise?" I yawned trying to get comfortable
"Promise" He whispered dimming the lights down a bit more, he sat back in his chair and the light to his phone filled the little area of the room illuminating his face.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up to the sound of voices in the room near me, my head foggy from the pain medicine, my mouth was dry and my throat still sore from the tube that was placed down there. I groaned a little as I tried to fumble for the button to help me sit up, or rip these tubes and IVs out of my arms.
"Hey sweetie." I looked when the pressure on the bed shifted I looked and saw Valary with a soft smile and a Starbucks coffee cup in her hand.
"Hi" I said in a meek voice I know looking at my best friend guilt was weighing her down she had bags under her eyes and looks like she hasn't slept in days.
"Val...you look awful" I smiled at her she laughed a little and rolled her eyes at me.
"Your one to talk miss, Ive been worried sick about you and its eating me up like I could have came-"
"Stop, It was bound to happen Valary, he was insane so fucking insane.." I said looking at my best friend chewing the inside of my cheek looking at the bandages on my hands. A small knock brought be back to reality and I looked up to see a man, light brown hair close cropped a small scar near his chin.
"Hey Matt man, hows it going?" The voice made me raise an eye brow.
"Hey Carter how's it going? Hows Layla?" Matt asked hugging my brother, they shook hands and chatted for a moment before Val gave my hand a squeeze and a soft smile.
Carter is one of my 3 older brothers, he has a twin Jason, whom is older by 6 minuets but he considers himself the middle child until I was born but Carter and I were always close out of the 4 of us his twin? a night and day difference. Carter said hello to everyone before looking up at me, his breath caught in his throat, he blinked a few times and looked back at the guys who stepped back to give us space.
"Alex...my god" he whispered moving closer, Val got up going to join Matt and the guys near the door
"I didn't realize you where still my emergency contact" I said with a half smile looking up at my brother through my eye lashes taking in his image.
His hair was thin but still maintained its color, he was getting wrinkles near his eyes and laugh lines around his mouth.
"You look good Carter, look all types of fatherly and shit" I said looking up at the ceiling then back to him
"I guess that's what happens when you become a high school history teacher" he said.
Silence engulfed us as I looked around the room, Zack was watching something on his phone, Brian had stepped out with Matt. Val was texting or emailing.
"Hows Jason" I asked trying to braked the 'we havent spoke in 4 years because you didnt approve of my life lets pick up like nothing happened' Carter bobbed his head in a back and forth motion
"Not bad, he's going through his third divorce and this one he's trying to get everything and Riley is deployed again" he said matter of factly
"Deployed?" I asked not knowing my brother was even in any branch of the military Carter nodded taking a sip from his water bottle
"Army, but dont worry he's not in danger just going over for training or some shit." Carter shrugged his shoulder.

The air was thick but Carter and I chatted with each other for almost a hour before he left saying he needed to let my brothers know I was ok and well alive Val and Matt left a while later, Brian trailing behind them all of which promising back later with sushi. Zack pulled the chair closer to my side of the bed.
"You can leave you know., shower, eat food, actually sleep" I said leaning back as I laid the head of my bed down needing sleep my self.
"I'll be here always" He said taking my hand as I yawned not arguing my eyes felt heavy as the machine beeped, giving me my dose of pain medicine I soon fell in to a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy shit.
Talk about life getting in the way.

A much needed update for all of my fine readers!, I hope you enjoy
give a girl some feedback!

:)

-H

PS
Have a awesome saint patricks day lads!