Green Eyes Dont Lie

oo4

I rolled over when the thunder rumbled low in the morning sky. my head ached but my body felt like I through myself over the rails of the Titanic in to the frozen Atlantic ocean, I forced my eyes closed thinking back to the night before Valary and I went to bed a little after 4 am and I'm pretty sure it was not much later then 8 am, I've survived on much less sleep.

I heaved my body from the bed making my way in to the bathroom in the mirror I looked at the woman looking back at me, she looked a lot like my mother, I peeled off my tank top and looking over the damage that was inflicted twelve some odd hours ago. My sides where a deep sick shade of yellowish green that wrapped around on my left side towards my kidneys my right shoulder had a decent size cut about 3 inches long, my legs where fine just some scrapes my face however seemed to have taken the worst of it all. My left eye was swollen with a small cut most likely from Mark's ring, my lip split red and bruised. my hair line housed a gash from my guess broken glass.

I started the water making sure it was Donte's Inferno 7 levels of hell hot I needed to scrub myself, scrub the pain, the past I needed a new day so to speak.
I stepped in flinching at the pain of the hot water on fresh wounds. I grabbed some shampoo and washed my hair letting my mind wonder. I knew I would need to quit my job or at least transfer but I've been meaning to leave that job for some time now., I could open a esty shop and make sugar scrubs or start my own clothing line I mean I'm gonna have to lay low for a little bit I can't have Mark beating down Matt and Valary's door looking for me. I sighed rinsing the shampoo from my hair I started the scrub my body and face the soap stung my cuts and the wash cloth made my skin feel twice as raw. I rinsed off wrapping myself in a towel I walked back in to my room and sat at the edge of my bed the rain was falling steady thunder rumbled in the distance off the coast I pulled out some clothes looking at what I grabbed from my house.

Underwear, socks, a bra some tank tops, jeans, a few pairs of yoga pants. It wasn't much but it was enough to get me through the next few days enough time for my face to heal up some before I needed to dwell out in to the public. I dressed in a black tank top and black yoga pants and made my way quietly down stairs.

I walked slowly to the kitchen looking around and listening to the sounds of the Sanders house, In the kitchen the window over the sink looked out over the back yard it was a pretty decent size lot it had a shed, a in ground pool a 10 person size hot tub a grill area plus a grassy area for the dogs Bella and Shadow to run around but off in the distance about 1/4 a mile you could see the west coast crash along the earth.

I turned the coffee pot on and waited for the pot to brew the smell of coffee was welcoming but I went and waiting in the living room turning on the T.V flipping the channels until I fell upon a rerun of Criminal Minds, I brought my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on my knees, I jumped as a bolt of lightning lit the house a glow in a pale white flash. I heard laughter behind me on the stairs I turned to see Val coming down the stairs Bella and shadow in toe.
"Christ Alex afraid of a little lightning?" She said walking back towards the kitchen
"Hardy har har, I made coffee" I said turning my attention back towards the television where Morgan was talking to Penelope I smiled at there quirky romance then frowned. I had that once and threw it all away.

Shaking my mood I walked in to the kitchen to hear the back door close and to see a rain soaked Bella and shadow scamper in out of the rain Val followed a mug of coffee in hand her shirt wrinkled and her hair tied back in a no care manner.
"You look better...a little less puffy but those bruises look bad sweetie" She said sipping her coffee and sitting at the kitchen table, shadow laid at her feet while Bella retreated to the basement, I poured my self some coffee and joined her at the table.
"The miracles of a shower" I said shaking my head taking a sip of the warm caffeine letting it envelope me
"So what's the plans for the day?" My blond headed friend quipped as she looked out the window then back at me, I shrugged my shoulders
"I have enough clothes to last me a few days eventually I'm going to need a cell phone, need to call work I need my papers from the house birth certificate social and all that jazz some family pictures but I want my face to look a little bit better I hate people staring at me" I said Val nodded knowing just what I mean.
"Matt wants to talk to the guys about what happened..you know your apart of this family and they're going to find out eventually better sooner then later" I nodded in agreement, Brian knew, Matt knew all that was left was Johnny and Zack not sure if there new drummer would come seen as I don't know him all that well and he doesn't know me.

A few hours later I was in the basement in the bands studio sitting at the piano in the middle of the room. I had gotten dressed and waiting for the guys to get her in what Matt called " A family meeting about Alex" granted it made me sound like a criminal or a drug addict but I guess it would be better then saying my boyfriend of 3 years beat me. I pressed a few keys down making some sounds. I knew how to play, I knew a few songs but I just don't play or sing often unless drunk or feel the need to get something off my chest. I sat a little more proper and pressed my feet in to the peddles near the floor, I tapped a few keys and hummed the tune I was trying to nail.
"Alex? you down here?" I heard Matt call from the stairs I stood moving up the stairs quickly I needed to get this over with my feet hit the landing in the kitchen I slowed my pace and walked slowly in the living room my head was down but the bruises on my shoulders could easily be seen.
"Guys we have a problem" Matt said I looked up and my eyes met Zack's for the first time in 5 years.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all liked it.

feedback welcomed and loved.

:)