Green Eyes Dont Lie

oo6

(2 Months later. )

I found a new job near Matt and Val's a decent size diner catering to locals and the tourists, I had relaxed a little when a few weeks went by with out a word for Mark, my face healed over decently leaving a little scar near my lip but that's the only trace of it left., Work was easy and they money was decent. I met a few girls that I work with hardly above legal drinking age trying to work there way through the summer before college life settled in for them.
"So let me get this straight, you can sing play instruments and know Sevenfold personally but your a bartender?" Sammi a young redhead sever asked me, she had a nice California tan and a small nose ring that sparkled in the fading sunlight she was nice but a little too inquisitive for my liking. I wiped the bar down and nodded.,
"Fame isn't all it's cracked up to be ladies you have tabloids, people making assumptions about your life, lack of privacy for your family but it has its perks" I said hands on my hips looking over the semi empty bar a few regulars sat at the end nursing there gin and tonic while a few tables had some business but not much else for a Tuesday afternoon. I glanced up at the clock and grabbed my things.
"Ok ladies, I'll see you in a few days" I slung my bag over my shoulder grabbing my new house key that Matt gave me along with the new gate code to gain access to the property.
"You off tomorrow?" Sammi asked pouring a few whiskey shots looking over her shoulder as I stood near the kitchen door.
"Yup gonna relax and maybe enjoy some white trash tv but most likely work out and sleep" I laughed waving bye to the girls and the regulars, the front door swung open the chime gaining my attention and a few men walked in in black shirts and gray sweats walking in laughing and smiling, Orange County Police Academy was in bold print on the backs of the shirts, one of the men looked familiar from behind but I shrugged it off leaving the diner and starting my walk home.

I walked in to a empty house, resetting the alarm and slipped my shoes off., Valary was out doing a photo shoot near LA and Matt was out with the guys doing some press coverage from the tour., sooner rather then later one of them would be home before the other and it usually was Valary. I climbed the stairs dropping my bag on my bed and letting my hair free from the tight pony tail scratching my scalp looking around at what I called my section of the house. I stripped my work shirt and pants off digging around for my black yoga capris and a white beater. With everyone out doing there thing I walking through the house making a mental note of things we were out of or needed. Matt nor Val would accept rent from me something about taking money from family didn't sit well with them so I offered to do some shopping when I could and they really had no say because I usually did it when they were not home or told them to deal with it.
I compiled a list and made my way to the kitchen my stomach grumbled softly as I looked in the fridge., beer, whiskey, almond milk, cheese, eggs, hot sauce, chicken..

I ended up opting for a salad and went to sit out back with the dogs for a little bit., the night calmed me and the sound of the rolling waves a short distance away eased my thoughts and relaxed my nerves.
"Hey Alex? You home?" I heard Val call from the dining room Bella and Shadow took off like bats out of hell for there mom I grabbed my empty bowl and followed the dogs in side.
"How was the shoot?" I asked putting my dish in the dish washer grabbing two dog treats for her to give to her furbabies.
"Thanks here you go bebes such good doggies" Val said feeding them there treats
"It was good, the drive was a bitch but I made it there in a decent time" She said grabbing two beers from the fridge handing me one.
"How was work?" She asked taking a sip leaning against the pale counter top. I took a swallow and shrugged my shoulder
"Another day in paradise" I said rolling my eyes thinking back on my day at the bar., back to the guy I saw come in with the cadets when I was trying to leave.
"I told you we can find you someplace else" Val said matter of fact with a small smile, for years she wanted me in the music business with the guys singing on the tracks like she did co writing with labels, I nodded letting her know I heard her.
"Have you stopped singing?" Val asked flipping through the mail on the table
"Yup, not often but I still do usually in the shower or clean" I finished my beer tossing the bottle in the trash.
"If you still sing you still play" Bella and Shadow perked up heading towards the front door
"Guess the guys are back and yes I still play" I said grabbing her empty bottle and tossing it in the trash next to mine.
Valary smiled and nodded knowing that sooner or later she would have her way because that's just how Valary Sanders worked.
I laughed at her enthusiasm and followed her out back with the dogs.