Green Eyes Dont Lie

oo7

"Goodness gracious great balls of fire!" I shouted over the music of the bar, Sammi and Tina helped me sling shots to all the boozy college kids now out on summer break officially.
"Excuse me!, Pardon me!, Move your ass Alex!" Sammi called hands full of beer bottles as I slid to my left letting her through.
A rowdy bunch of guys came in and stationed them selves at the far end of the bar yelling for a round and some shots. I rolled my eyes and walked over to them grabbing a few shot glasses and a bottle of fire ball.
"Hey guys how are we doing tonight?" I asked setting the glasses up looking them all over waiting for there drink order.
"Hey cutie, doing better now that your here" One guy chimed in looking me up and down, I held my smile while holding back the over whelming urge to throat punch him.
"What do ya'll want to drink? $2 Coors lite $1 fireball shots til 11pm, $4 drafts and $3 domestics also got buffalo chicken nachos, cheese stakes and awesome cheese fries" I said hand on hips
"Lets Uhm do a round of fire ball and a round of Coors lite sounds good" I took the guys card and started there tab, grabbing the bottles setting them down only to pour out the fireball
"Here ya go, My name is Alex that over there is Tina and That's Sammi, ya'll need anything just holler" I said going to take care of my other bar guests.
A little while later the bar was still pretty busy, Tina Sammi and I had been going non stop since we got in at 3pm. I was grabbing ice when Sammi approached me with a smile.
"What? That smile normally means your up to something or want something rather" I said heaving the ice bucket walking out to the loud bar.
"Those guys down at the end requested you, there pretty cute" I looked to see where she was looking and it was the same bunch of guys from earlier. I dropped the bucket leaving it to her to fill the well back up. I made my way over grabbing a damp towel and pulling empty glasses as I went
"What's up guys? Can I get you anything?" I shouted over the DJ blasting Halestorm over the speaker system, one guy had his back to me and turned when I finished my question he reach out and grabbed my wrist.

"Alex! Great to see you!" I looked at Mark square in the eye, I remained still keeping my breathing even not showing any sign of fear, but under my strong resolve I was shaking and scared to death, in my mind I was begging him to let me go., I wanted to scream and break a bottle over his head. I tensed my arm and he let me go a smile creped over his face as he eyed me up noticing my black tank top, black shorts and black knee high boots.
"Quiet the outfit there love" He said leaning over the bar to get the full effect. I grimaced and fought hard to keep my composure.
"What do you want?" I asked arms crossed over my chest Mark leaned back and looked around the bar
"So where have you been?" He was playing with a bottle cap spinning it on the bar ignoring my question
"Can I get you anything to drink? If not I have to get back to work" I said shortly looking around trying to get Tina or Sammi's attention but they were both busy making drinks and helping there sides of the bar. Shit.
"No phone call, no note., just up and left with out a word" He was calm but he looked up at me through his eyelashes., his eyebrow twitched and I knew he was mad. My mouth went dry. I needed to get home, locked up safe in my little corner of the Sanders household., he knew where I was he knew Valary and Matt was my 'go to' house.
"You want a drink or not Mark I don't have time for this" I said throwing my hands in the air looking back I saw Sammi looking at me giving me the 'are you ok' look from across the bar. I had only been here a few short months but that girl has my back if I need her too. I shifted my weight and looked down then back up at her. Mark was still playing with the bottle cap I bit my cheek and walking away ignoring his yells for a drink.
"Is that him?" Sammi asked helping me wash some glasses I pulled I nodded my hands shaking as I loaded the glasses
"Hey go take a minute" She said looking to the kitchen
"T and I have this go get some air" Sammi added with a soft smile. I wiped my hands on my shorts looking around making sure everyone was ok before I let my eyes trail back to where I had just been, Mark was gone.
I grabbed my bag digging for my phone and cigarettes as I walked towards the back door.,
"Ms Alex are you done?" Miguel our cook asked looking at me as I was going out the back
"Nope just need a minuet" I said giving him a reassuring smile as I backed up in to the door grabbing my lighter from my pocket, I shoved a piece of cardboard between the door and frame making sure I could still get back in. I lit my cigarette and leaned against the brick wall closing my eyes taking a deep breath. How did he find me., I mean I work in a very populated area I'm not on social media and I only talk to the guys, Valary, Michelle, and Lacey aside from the people at work. A felt around for my cell phone dialing Valary's number, it rang and rang eventually going to voice mail. I cursed under my breath and tried my next best option. The call connected and it rang twice before the voice I knew all to well greeted me.
"Hello?" I smiled at his voice
"Hey., are you busy?" I asked looking around throwing my cigarette in to a shallow puddle hearing the sizzle as I pulled the back door open kicking back the cardboard so it latched.
"No not unless you consider me laying on my couch watching reruns as being busy why what's up?" he asked I could hear him lower the volume of the tv.
"Is it possible for you to come down to the bar? Mark was here and I..I don't want to be here alone when I have to leave" I said looking out the kitchen door looking over the thinning crowd of people
"I'll be there in 10 minuets" He said sounding a little worried, I guess the fear in my voice gave it away I smiled and bit my lip
"I'll see you then" I said hanging up the phone jamming it in my pocket.