Status: 2/100 so far

100 Themes

It's Like a Riddle, You See

MAKE SURE YOU LISTEN TO SPACE ENOUGH TO GROW MY OF MICE & MEN AS YOU LISTEN TO THIS. I DIDN'T DO THIS ORIGINALLY AND HOLY SHIT, ALL THOSE STORIES THAT RECOMMENDED SONGS TO LISTEN TO AS YOU READ MAKES A GIANT DIFFERENCE. IT AFFECTS THE MOOD. PLEASE.

READ THAT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

TOM'S POV

I groaned, whining after to Oli, "Leave me alone."

"Tommy, take this." He urged, handing me a sheet of paper, walking out soon after.

After 5 minutes of waking myself up, I grabbed the paper and read it.

I have towns but no houses

Lakes, but no water

Forests, but no trees

And mountains, but no rocks

What am I?

I am found here:

When it gets late and you turn out the light

This is the place you'll be found each night

"God fuck Oliver." I mumbled. I was fairly good at riddles, but it was too early.

"Well... Let's start where it's found. When it gets late... Night. Turn out the light? I'm getting ready for bed. And when I sleep I'm in the..." I got up, going into Oli's room. On the bed was a neatly folded paper.

I unfolded it, seeing a map. Ohh... Towns but no houses and lakes with no water and.. yeah.

There was a small sheet of paper taped to it.

What can run, but never walks

Has a mouth, but never talks

Has a bed, but never sleeps

Has a head, but never weeps

"What runs, has a mouth, bed, and head?" I whined, looking at the map. It slowly dawned on me. The river.

I put down the map and got dressed, slipping on shoes after. I walked to the river, seeing a tree stump with a sheet of paper. I went to it and read it.

What force and strength cannot get through

I with a gentle touch can do

And many in these twisted halls would stand

Were I not, as a friend, at hand.

What can force and strength not get through? Metal? Save that for later.

And with a gentle touch, it can get through the metal.

Many people, I'm guessing, would get stuck in twisted halls without it.

Metal doors you can't get through with force and strength, since it only references people.

"So a key?" I asked out loud.

"You're right, Tommy." I heard behind me. I turned around, seeing Oli with another sheet of paper.

"Read this and I'll explain everything to you." He stated, handing me the paper. I grabbed it and read it.

I can be stolen or given away and you will live,

Yet you cannot live without me.

Things I can't live without. Vital organs. Brain. Music. Someone can't steal my brain in a normal sense. So, vital organs and music. Stomach, liver, lungs are out. Kidney or heart, and music. Heart. Can be stolen or given away with love and I still live. Removed completely, I die.

"Heart?" I asked. Oli smiled bright.

"Now connect the last one and this one."

"Key. Heart. Key heart. Heart key? Key to a heart?" I questioned, confused.

(RIGHT HERE. MAKE SURE YOUR MUSIC IS AT 1:16 WHERE IT STARTS A NEW LITTLE SECT.)

"There ya' go, Tommy." He took a step closer to me, grabbing the paper from my hands and dropping it to the ground, "I'm the key to your heart, baby." He whispered, and kissed me, holding my hands.

I was in shock. I went on a long journey for a wonderful thing such as this. My heart swelled with happiness and a warm, loving feeling.

I kissed back slowly, moving my body into his slowly (You should be at 1:38 at this point. Right after he says "Space Enough To Grow")

He pulled away after a moment, holding my hands.

"What was the point of that whole thing?" I asked softly.

"It's like a riddle, you see. Love is, so I designed to tell you by riddle." I smiled at his thought.

I knew two things for sure as I stared into Oli's eyes.

I loved Oliver Scott Sykes.

And love is like a riddle.