Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Twenty-Six

Recap: Rowyn makes chocolates with her hate potion and talks Draco into swiping the “tonic” Pansy gives him. The dance is Wednesday, will Rowyn get Draco to eat the candy in time? Let’s find out!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it continues…

I nod off to sleep while waiting for Draco, I am then woken up by a knock at my bedroom door. I sit up, slide off the bed, and sleepily make my way to it. I open it, heart pounding, and it’s, “…Blaise?”

“Disappointed?” He says with a smirk and enters without asking.

“It’s late, I wasn’t exactly expecting anyone.” I lie. I notice a small bag in his hand, “What is that?”

He holds it up waist high, “This?” He looks up at me, “Draco told me to give it to you. He asked if you had the right one.” Oh shoot, I didn’t think about that. My mind wanders to my potion; I still have half of a cup left in the container. Perhaps I can switch them that way, but I will still have to get him to eat some chocolate. I take the bag with the bottle inside and pour out its contents in my bathroom sink. I open my suitcase and take out the thermos then pour the potion into the tonic bottle.

I pop the cork back in and turn to Blaise, “Here you go.”

“Do I get anything?”

I perk a brow and cross my arms, “For what?”

“For not telling Pansy of this little exchange.”

I grit my teeth and ball my hands into fists, “Are you threatening me?”

“All I want is a little kiss.”

I purse my lips and internally I want nothing more than to bash his smug face in with a baseball bat, but I comply, “One.”

“Very well, it has to be here.” He says and places a lone finger to his lips. I slowly step forward and press my lips to his. My stomach churns and I want to vomit. It isn’t that he isn’t good looking, I just don’t care for him that way especially when being somewhat forced.

He places a hand on the middle of my back attempting to pull me closer, but I step back, “One.” He smirks, and walks out of the room with it plastered to his stupid smug face. I want Draco, why didn’t he come himself? Would Pansy not let him? Selfish brat. I slip under my covers with Pandora and we fall asleep.

We wake the next morning and I change into some jeans and a tank top, then my converses. I slap on a bit of makeup and scrunch my hair with water and hair crème then skip down to breakfast. I enter the dining room and only Draco is there. Shoot, I could have brought the chocolates. I sit a seat away from him and thank the house elf who brings my food. “I didn’t know you’d be sending Blaise.” I say while cutting the cubes of canary melon on my plate. I start eating and savoring the sweet fruit as Draco speaks.

“I couldn’t get away; there would have been too many questions.”

“He tried to blackmail me.” I say while still concentrating on my food.

“What?” He asks angrily.

“I’m not going into detail about it, I want you to see me tonight-”

“-You know I can’t. I-”

“-Make an excuse, just do it Draco. I have something for you. Something important, so come or I’m leaving. I’ll go to the Weasley’s and never look back.” I stand, push my chair in, and leave the room. I stay in my room for the rest of the morning until lunch. I hop off my bed, toss Panda a treat, and head down stairs to lunch. I open the double doors and head to my seat, Blaise is already there by himself. Ugh. I mentally roll my eyes as he looks up at me and smiles. I sit down and as usual thank the house elf who brings my meal. I begin to eat and Blaise speaks.

“That kiss was rather nice.”

“I’m glad you enjoyed it because it won’t be happening again,” I say with fake kindness in my voice and I eat a few more bites.

He leans close to me with a large shit-eating grin on his face, “Oh come on Ro. I mean why did you come here in the first place with me?” I drop my fork onto my plate and it makes a loud clatter.

“Are you serious? Did you think what? That I was falling for you or wanted to fool around?” I give him a disgusted look and hop out of my seat. He says some insults under his breath as I exit the double doors and step into the hall trying to catch my breath from reaching anxiety attack status. What an incompetent douche bag. I practically stomp back to my room and catch Pansy and Draco kissing in the other hall. My stomach churns; I nearly vomit. They stop as someone walks around the corner, I mentally gasp. It is Terrance; I thought he wouldn’t be here until the freaking dance. I hide around my corner and Pansy tells Draco to run along, like a little boy. I ball up my fists and listen to her and Terrance’s conversation.

“That potion, it’s beginning to smell funny.” Pansy says.

“What do you mean?” He asks.

“Well I opened the bottle and it just smells different, can it get old?”

“I suppose it can, I brought more just in case.”

“Oh goodie,” I can hear her clap her stupid hands. Crap, I just hope Draco does what I ask and comes to visit me tonight. I speed walk to my room, plop down on my bed, and ponder my new obstacle. I run my hand along Pandora’s back placing myself in an almost meditative state. After several minutes of lying on my bed, my eyes pop open. I sit up and glance at my suitcase where the chocolates lay hidden. I will try to have him eat as many as I can tonight. Until then I will stay away from everyone, I suppose. I sift through my suitcase and find one of my books on werewolves; I grab my coat and throw it on, then snatch up my broom. I open the balcony doors and step onto the stone floor; I shut the doors behind me. As I throw up my hood, shivering a little the sky bursts open and it suddenly begins to rain. I huff, well damn. I spin on my heel and step back into my room tossing my jacket and broom to the side.

Kicking off my shoes, I climb onto my bed and open my book. After reading a couple of chapters the already dim daylight fades as afternoon switches to evening. I shut my book and lie my head down onto the soft comforter. I look at the bedside clock and notice that it is suppertime. Sighing, I roll off the bed and stand. I stretch my arms above my head then drop my them to my sides and exit my room shutting the door behind me. I trudge to the dining room and my anxious heart pounds as I open the doors and spot everyone already seated. I get a few stares and then they continue their conversations. Terrance’s stare lingers until I get half way to my seat. I sit down silently and accept my meal. As I’m eating I hear the conversation turn to the dance that will be in two days. “So are we to just all meet in one room or..?” Terrance asks.

“No, those of us that are already here will enter the ballroom from the same side as everyone else; they’ll probably have us wait in the drawing room. One of the little house elves will come get us.” Pansy giggles, like a damn idiot. Ballrooms, drawing rooms, my God this house, this family.

“So,” I say and everyone jerks their heads to listen, “What is everyone wearing then?” I ask. The boys look at one another a bit awkwardly.

“Well we all pretty much have the same thing to wear, a black tux.” Says the handsome boy with mahogany colored hair.

“What you can’t have different colors?” I ask, interested and Draco laughs, my stomach almost flips hearing that beautiful laugh.

“No, not when it’s in my father’s house, everything is black.”

“Well that’s very boring.” I say.

“I have a green gown,” says the other Slytherin girl.

“I thought you decided on the silver.” Pansy says, seeming insulted.

“I changed my mind.” The girl says arrogantly. I hold back a chuckle as Pansy glares at her friend. Evidently, she was supposed to be consulted in what the girl wears. I roll my eyes and we all finish our meals. We all exit the room and I set off to my room, I get to the stairs when the Slytherin girl speaks. “Rowyn, wouldn’t you care to join us?”

I stop with my hand on the banister and turn, “Uh, what?”

“We’re all going to watch a movie before bed.”

I turn my body to face her, intrigued. “This movie, what is it about?”

“Oh it’s supposed to be some horror flick James picked out.” She jabs her thumb backward pointing to the boy with the mahogany colored hair, so that is his name, James.

“Very well, horror is my favorite genre.” I smile and she laughs. Hmm this girl is quite nice.
We all walk to the Malfoy’s home theater where a large curved black couch sits on top of burgundy colored carpet in front of a very large TV screen. “Wow.” I exclaim in a whisper.

“I know right, it’s crazy.” The girl says.

“Um w-what is your name?” I ask apologetically.

“Sharon, I know it’s such a blah name.” We chuckle and Pansy’s glare deepens.

We all settle down on the couch and the movie begins. As it progresses I spy Pansy through my peripherals and she has a death cling grip on Draco, who is looking amused. I smirk and glance back at the screen just in time to flinch as a jump scare appears. Sharon and I laugh and continue watching with great interest. The movie ends and it is time for bed, I say good night to everyone and set off, again, to my room. I place one hand on the doorknob and someone snatches up my wrist and spins me around roughly. I slam into their body and sneer up at Terrance. “What the hell are you doing?” I demand.

“You really strung Blaise along just so you could get into the Malfoys?” He spat at me.

“What are you talking about I didn’t ‘string’ anyone along. I told him what I wanted. Now take your damn hands off me.” I glare and ready myself to claw, bite, scratch, and possibly punch my way out of his grasp.

“Now, why would I do that?” He smirks down at me. I glare harder than I have ever glared before and shove the top of my head up to connect with his chin. He yelps and holds his mouth.

“I hope you bit that disgusting tongue of yours.” I say maliciously and step into my room triumphant, then lock the door behind me. “The audacity, eh Panda?” I say and look at my kitty. I walk to my suitcase and gather my nightclothes then take off toward the bathroom to take a shower. I do my business, get dressed, and climb into bed while waiting for Draco to arrive. As I’m dozing off while reading I hear a soft knock at my balcony door. Pandora wakes up and growls under the covers. I slip silently out of my bed and grab my broom then fling open the doors read to strike! I stop my broom end inches from hitting Draco in the face. “What are you doing out there?” I nearly shout and shut the doors behind him as he enters.

“Well it was better than waiting at your door was it not?” He says and wipes some wet hairs from his face, must still be raining. “Now what is so important? Pansy will come looking for me if I’m gone too long. She’s worries so much.” He smiles at that last part, dang she must have dosed him.

“Uh well I wanted to see how y’alls relationship was going and I couldn’t very well ask in front of her. Also, I made you some chocolates. It’s a special recipe, helps with nerves and such. Care to try some?” He begins to object but I run to my suitcase, “I have them right here!” I say excitedly and pull out the box. I hand him a couple of the teddy bear head shaped ones and he stares at them for a moment. Reliving memories perhaps? I don’t find out because he keeps his thoughts to himself. He pops one into his mouth and smiles while savoring it.

“You’re not going to have any?”

I smile, “I had a couple after supper.” We both chuckle and he sits down on my bed to eat the other one. He holds his hand out to Pandora and she head boops it. He finishes his second one and looks at me. I hold out the box to him, “Would you like another? I made plenty.” He takes another couple of the teddy bear heads and chuckles.

“These, the house elves used to make me these when I was little.”

I smile and sit next to him, “Really? That’s too cute.” After his other two chocolates and a bit of small talk I see his expression change. A few more seconds and Draco looks around as if he’s finally able to see things clearly. He blinks a few times and runs his hands through his hair as he stands; he paces the floor a few turns before looking at me. He stares at me for several seconds and barely takes two very large steps to get to me. I flinch and lean back bit as he grasps my face in his hands and plants the most passionate kiss I have ever felt onto my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yet again I apologize for this being late, my goal had been every ten days and it's been fourteen. Better luck next time? Back on track on my weight loss, and I've sold two dragon eyes (that's the other thing that is taking my time)!