Status: I have NOT forgotten this story, I've merely run into lack of inspiration, but I'm working on it currently.

Just, Average

Part Twenty-Five

Recap: Rowyn finished her potion and is now at the Malfoy’s giant mansion wondering how she is going to get Draco to drink it or how she is going to get him away from Pansy for more than a second…
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it continues…

I’ll have to find out when the ball is, it can’t possibly be Christmas day, can it? Do these people not want to be with their families? I glance around at the magnificent room that is mine for the next couple of weeks. I spot a balcony with a set of large arched French doors close to the bathroom. I walk to it and stare out of the huge windowpanes through the spaces in the balcony down into the garden. That looks like a nice place to think, to plot. I open my suitcase and check the potion then take out my spiral and a pencil. I close up my suitcase and place a lock charm on it then slide it under my bed. I step out into the corridor and before I move any further, I walk back into my room and grab a purple ribbon that is tied to the vanity. I slip it around my doorknob and tie it there; well at least I know which room is mine. I walk back out into the corridor and take a right then a left at the end of it. At this point I haven’t a clue as to which was to go because there’s another corridor. Great. Can I call one of those house elves?

As I stand like a fool in the middle of the hallway, I snap my fingers; Rowyn, you idiot just fly down there. I spin on my heel and return to my room shutting the door behind me. I sift through my things again in my suitcase and find my broom. Smiling brightly I head over to the balcony doors, slip my spiral and pencil in my messenger bag then sling that over my head so the strap is across my body, and step onto the stone floor of the balcony. “This is so damn beautiful.” I sigh, then mount my broom and kick off to fly toward the shimmering fountain that is located in the middle of the garden. I land with ease and sit at one of the stone benches surrounding the fountain. I sit my broom on the bench beside me and take out my spiral plus pencil. I open it to a random clean page and start jotting down ways to get Draco alone as well as ways to get him to drink the potion.

I lean against the back of the bench and stare up at the cloudy sky while listening to the bird chirping from one of the many trees that stands close to the mansion. What if I can’t release him in time and he proposes to Pansy or worse, they actually get married? I sigh once more, but this time with frustration. I wonder if Draco drinks alcohol, because then that would make this whole situation super easy. I shut my notebook and drop it back into my bag then snatch up my broom and stand. I walk around the garden admiring the beautiful flowers and bushes for a good hour until I hear my name. “Rowyn!” Someone shouts, and at first, I do not know where it’s coming from as I look around. I glance up finally and see Blaise standing on my balcony waving. I mount my broom and fly up to him landing beside him.

“Yes?” I say and walk into my room to lean my broom against a wall. I slip my bag off and toss it onto my bed barely missing Pandora. “Oops! Sorry Panda!” She glares at me and I turn to Blaise.

“Oh you have a cat?” He says dryly. “Um, I came to take you to lunch.”

“Alright let’s go.” He leads me down the corridors and then down the stairs and into a large dining area where Draco, Pansy, another Slytherin girl, and three other Slytherin boys sit at a long oak table. They are already eating and chatting to one another then stare at us as we enter. I sit furthest away and a house elf sets a plate in front of me with some kind of pasta dish on it. I smile at him and he nervously leaves. I have a sinking suspicion that they are not treated well here. I nearly stab my fork into my meal when Pansy leans into Draco smiling up at him; he looks stiff. I mean, is she that desperate to have him? Would she rather have a zombie boyfriend than one who actually loves her? I bet she could live with her decisions too, as if she doesn’t care that she’s possibly destroying Draco. My mind drifts to the times Draco and I spent together, the walks down the corridors alone, the nice sweet kisses, his occasional chivalry. I eat my meal quietly as the others chat about Gryffindor’s or something, I am not listening. Not listening that is, until someone says my name.

“Rowyn, how nice of you to join us this break.” I look up from fiddling with my pasta to see a young man my age, of course, with long deep mahogany colored hair, golden eyes, and light skin staring at me. I have no idea who he is, he probably got my name from that Slytherin girl. The more I study him the more I see he’s quite good looking, muscular build, perhaps on the average side of height (5’10ish) by the way he looks seated.

“U-uh, yeah well, I couldn’t pass this opportunity up. This home is amazing.” I give him a small smile and glance at Blaise who smiles. I look back down at my half-eaten plate then back up again, “Well I believe I’m done, excuse me.” I push away from the table and exit the dining room. I let a sigh escape my lips as soon as I enter the hall and shut the door behind me. Now I don’t know where to go, maybe I can wing it. I find the staircase, that sits in the center of the room and splits into a V at the top, quickly and ascend the steps staring at each of the portraits of Draco’s family as I do. I can go either left or right. Uhh, left, I think. I turn left, walk up the rest of the steps, and walk down to the end of the hall. I then have a choice of left or right again. This should not be this difficult, but then again I sometimes get lost in doctors’ offices. I turn right and spot my purple ribbon tied to my room’s doorknob. Oh thank goodness; I let out a sigh of relief and walk to the door then throw it open and enter.

I shut the door behind me and plop onto the bed beside Pandora. I eventually fall asleep for a couple of hours until a knock at my door wakes me. I groggily roll over and slide off the bed then stumble to the door. I open it and look down at a house elf standing before me with some folded towels. She raises them up to me and I take the towels then thank her. She quickly disapparates before I can ask her about Draco. Damn. The day goes by rather slowly, as much as I try I cannot seem to get Draco alone, Pansy acts like there’s some sort of twine holding them together. My God, have they gone to the bathroom by themselves at all? I shove my spiral back into my suitcase after jotting down some more notes before heading down to supper. I make my way to the dining hall by myself this time and find Draco and Pansy already there. Great. I take a deep breath and sit down at the same seat I had at lunch. Pansy ignores me but Draco stares. I clear my throat and look up at them, “So when is the shindig your parents are throwing?” I ask.

Pansy looks up with disgust and snorts, “Wednesday.” I nod and quickly glance to the dining room doors that open abruptly, the other boys enter laughing with one another. They sit at their “places” and the house elves come running with plates of food. I thank the elf that brings my plate and he gives me a small smile then disappears. I look around the room with curiosity and lean close to Blaise to whisper, “Where are Draco’s parents?” The others are busy chatting and do not hear me.

He turns his head to face me and speaks, “They are eating in the other dining room.” I perk a brow and wish to ask another question, like oh, I don’t know, why they have ANOTHER dining room, but decide not to. Wealthy people do whatever I suppose.
As we all get closer to finishing our meal one of the boys, the one that spoke to me at lunch, looks at Draco, “So Draco, are we gonna check the game on that big TV of yours?” He smiled a wide gorgeous smile.

Draco turns to him, “Tomorrow, I think.” He turns to Pansy and gives her a small smile, as if to ask ‘is that okay?’ She nods her stupid head but I can tell her jaw is clenched. I nearly snort but hold back. We all stand around the same time and leave the room to go different ways. I hurry to my room and attempt to summon a house elf, the one who brought be towels shows up in the middle of my room.

“Yes, missus?”

“Can you take me to the kitchen?” She looks at me quizzically and nods. I spin around and open my suitcase then find the potion in its little thermos stick it in my pink drawstring bag and turn back to her. She leads me out of my room down the hall, down the stairs, and through the dining room to a single door. The kitchen is quite enormous, two ovens, a long grill like what you see at fast food restaurants (or what chefs in Japanese restaurants use), and tons of counter space as well as an island in the center of the room. “You wouldn’t buy chance have a mold for say, chocolates or something?” I ask and she snaps her fingers; 3 different molds pop up in front of me on the nearest counter. One was little hearts of course, another was cylindrical pieces almost like those little caramels you get in boxes of chocolates here in the U.S., and the last one was little teddy bear heads; I pick them up and laugh.

“Those were Master Draco’s favorite when he was a boy.”

I chuckle heartily, “Seriously? That is super cute. I guess I’ll use the caramels one and the teddy bears. Okay I need a couple of large bowls, a sauce pan, and a whisk.” I also tell her the ingredients I need (I used to cook a lot at home). Suddenly everything I need is on the counter in front of me and I get to work right away. I mix up the chocolate, melt it, then pour it into the molds and place those into the freezer. I begin to place my dirty dishes into the sink but the house elf stops me saying she will do them. I thank her and make sure to tell her not to let anyone touch the candy, then head up to my room to take a shower while the chocolates set. I step into my room and gather my things then take them into the bathroom and shower. I get out and dress for bed then head back down to the kitchen, which is empty. I check on the chocolates and find them to be ready. I take them out of the freezer, pop them out of the molds, and place them into a little box.

I toss the molds into the sink with some hot water and step out of the kitchen. I make my way to my room thankfully without seeing anyone. I hear some commotion in what I assume is the theater/game room and wander down one of the halls not close to my room; I hear two people talking. Immediately as I step closer I hear Draco’s voice. He is getting angry, but Pansy shouts at him and suddenly he’s a bit timid again. I need to get her potion away from him before I can give him my potion. I duck into an empty room as Pansy exits huffily. Draco starts to follow her with his head hanging in defeat, but I whisper his name to get his attention. He looks around and perks a brow as I stick my head around the door. “Come here.” I say and motion for him to get in the damn room. He walks in and we stand in mostly darkness apart from the moonlight, which shines through the windowpanes. “I need you to get me that tonic Pansy keeps giving you.”

“Why?” He questions, I can barely see his expressions.

“Because she’s, uh, giving you the wrong one.”

“The wrong one? How do you know?”

“Uh,” I stutter, think Rowyn think, “I overheard your mum talking to your father about how she must have mixed up some bottle or something, I didn’t catch everything. I can switch them for you without her knowledge, she doesn’t need to know she mixed them up you know how her pride is.”

“Yes I do.” He ponders my plan. “Very well I’ll see if I can get it to you tonight.” I mentally fist pump and hug him with one arm while I clasp the box of chocolates. He exits the room and I do the same after a minute or so. I walk back to my room and place the box into my suitcase. I take some deep breaths to slow my rapidly beating heart.

“Almost there Panda.” I say and pat her head then check her food and water and we both lie down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, first of all, I want to apologize for how long this part took me. My silly excuses are that I've been trying to focus on losing weight, so far so good! When I get really frustrated I'm just not in a creative mood, I'm sure some if not all of you can understand that. Either way, here's this one and I will try my best to get the next one out within a week.