A Little Sweetness in My Life

Become a Stripper!

I sat in my car after my exam for what seemed like an hour, just staring at the steering wheel. I felt like I had totally fucked it up. My anxiety wiped my brain as I started my exam and I’ve never been the best at tests, I’m much more of a visual person. I texted Kylee as I started up my car finally, with a simple ‘FML’ before I started driving home. I parked in the driveway and noticed another car was there. I slowly got out, grabbing my bag and heading inside.

“How’d it go?” I heard Kylee ask as I walked past the living room, my head down.

“I’m a total fucking failure! Might as well drop out and become a stripper!” I shouted after her, kicking
open the door to my room and dropping my bag before face planting onto my bed.

I heard some muffled voices for a few minutes before it was quiet again. I sighed, just ready to take a nap at this point when heavy footsteps started down the hall and stopped in my doorway. Kylee certainly didn’t walk like that…my brain starting piecing together an idea.

“Ryan?” I mumbled into my bed, earning a light chuckle. Oh yeah, definitely him.

“You okay?” He asked, walking into the room now and then his footsteps stopping again.

“No…I’m trash and a terrible nurse.” I mumbled again. It was quiet again before I heard thudding noises and then my bed sinking beside me. I turned my head and saw Ryan lying next to me, looking so cute and awkward.

“You’re not a terrible nurse. All of your patients love you and I’m sure you aced that test, you’re just being hard on yourself.” He said sweetly, smiling a little bit at me. I groaned and buried my face back into the bed.

“Shut up….” I said, making him laugh again. Stop that! You’re being cute!

“You know I’m right. You’re amazing, you just gotta see it.” He said, making me let out a big sigh. We were quiet for a few minutes before I turned and looked at him again.

“I wanna take a nap…” I said, making him sit up and adjust his baseball hat.

“Oh, sorry, I’ll leave you to that.” He said, starting to get up. I huffed a little and reached over, just barely grabbing him by his t-shirt. He stopped and looked back at me, slightly confused.

“I want to take a nap with you, dummy.” I said, making his eyes widened slightly. He didn’t say anything, just nodded and tossed his hat at my dresser and flopped back onto the bed. “Do you have a game tonight?”

“Nope, game tomorrow though.” He said, looking me up and down for a second before carefully wrapping an arm around me and pulling me over to him. I rested my head on his chest and draped an arm over his stomach.

“Good, cause you’re comfy.” I said, making him laugh a little and squeeze my shoulders.

“Just rest, you’re stressed out…” He said quietly. He didn’t need to tell me twice. I had a comfy bed, a warm and cuddly boy and the complete feeling of safety on my side. I was going to take the best nap of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
kinda short
sowwy

Katie