A Little Sweetness in My Life

Think It'd Be a Good Idea

It was my day off… I had all intentions of sleeping in. Someone though, had other plans. My phone rang early in the morning. I groaned and rolled over to snatch it off the table… to see who I was going to be ignoring for the rest of my life! However, when I saw that my RyJo was calling me, I couldn’t hit the ignore button.

“What?” I groaned to him.

“Good morning, sunshine,” his voice was like nails on a chalkboard to my ears this morning.

“You better have a good reason for calling me,” I complained.

“Oh, I do,” he was way too chipper… and it annoyed me. I wanted to punch his stupid face!

“What is it?” I huffed, sitting up. There was no way I was going back to sleep now.

“I want to do something special for Katie,” he told me.

“You do that like everyday,” I rolled my eyes. They’re cuteness is starting to make me sick.

“Just come with me,” he spoke. From his tone, I could just tell that he was rolling his eyes.

But I still agreed to get up and get around on my day off… for this douche. Once I got ready, I left a note for Katie. I figured she’d be back before I was. I told her I was off with Ryan. I didn’t really know what he had planned, so I couldn’t give her an explanation.

After I finished writing her note, I stuck it onto the fridge where we leave all of our little messages for each other. There was a horn honking. Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my purse and stepped outside. Ryan was in the driveway; a smug expression on his face as he laid on the horn once more.

“Asshole,” I muttered as I fell into the passenger seat.

“Good morning,” he cackled.

I just glared over at him as I pushed my sunglasses over my eyes. “Better have a good reason for getting me out of bed,” I grumbled.

“It’s for your best friend! Help me out here,” he countered.

“I thought you were doing fine on your own…”

“I am, but… just want to go that extra mile, you know,” he chuckled… and I rolled my eyes again.

“You guys make me sick,” I gagged.

“If you would hang out with Kevin more…” he started and I was instantly annoyed. He always brings Kevin up when we see each other.

“Well, I don’t,” I cut him off.

“And why not? He seems smitten with you,” he kept going.

“Smitten?” I raised a brow.

“If you’re not at the games, he asks if you were too busy. And when you don’t reply to his texts, he asks if he’s bugging you too much.”

“He does?” I felt… bad. I don’t want Kevin to feel that way!

“If you would just talk to him…”

“I haven’t talked to anyone,” i huffed and crossed my arms.

“You’ve talked to me,” he countered.

“Besides you and Katie,” I corrected myself.

“Why?” his forehead wrinkled up and glanced over at me for a few seconds before turning his gaze back to the road.

“I just… haven’t,” I shrugged.

“You’ve been… talking to Kerby,” he spoke.

“... Nu uh,” my response was delayed.

“He’s told me!” he cracked a smile, catching me in a lie.

“Well… maybe him… a little,” I strung together.

“You loooove him,” he taunted.

“No, I don’t. I’m just…”

“Just what?”

“Confused,” I sighed. I haven’t opened up to anyone about this yet… and I wasn’t sure if now was the time to.

“Really?” he seemed surprised.

“I want to get to know Kevin, but… Kerby,” I huffed.

“Do you want to know what I think?” he questioned.

“Not really, but I think you’re going to tell me anyway,” I muttered.

“I think… you should focus on Kevin,” his smile was kind of smug.

“And why is that?” he kept pressing.

“Just think it’d be a good idea…”

And then he didn’t say anything else about it. Why should I pursue Kevin?! I wanted to know! Instead, he had me follow him into a flower shop… because he didn’t know what kind were Katie’s favorite. Like it really mattered. She would love them no matter what they were. They were from him. Again… they’re cuteness makes me sick. I can’t deal with it anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)