Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Necromancer

Chapter Three Krissi

Chapter Three
Krissi

I managed to hold it together long enough to get out of sight before I broke down crying. God Jimmy hated me now. The guy I love more than my own life hated me now. It caused hard sobs to escape my lips. I deserved this. I deserved it all. How could I shut him out, but I didn’t have a choice. Jimmy’s life meant more to me then my own. And I would not put him in the same danger I was in. Then there was the guilt I felt, I created vampires. I made the man I love one so long ago. He could never rest peacefully the way other untainted souls could. It was my fault, the war, Damien, the vampires. It was all my doing. And there was no way for me to stop it now.

I was still shaking and crying so hard I wanted to vomit. He hated me, he had to. I hated me. I thought to myself not helping my crying. That was when I heard it.

“Krissi?”
I looked up through blurry tear filled eyes blinking hard to clear my eyes before they focused on Brian. He kneeled in front of me and dried my eyes with his thumbs.
“What’s going on? You look like your about to pass out here”.
I looked away from him unable to speak coherently. All that came out was broken breathy sobs. Scooping me up in his arms wedding style Brian carried me back to the dorm and I struggled to get a grip on myself. But the vicious cycle of horrific thoughts repeated again and again in my mind. Setting me down on the couch Brian left the room coming back with a cup of water. I drank the water hanging my head once I started to breath normally again.

“What’s going on?”
Brian asked sitting on the other side of me.
“Drama, my drama that seems to follow me through life.”
Brian frowned at me pushing my hair back from my face.
“And you feel like you need to deal with it alone”.
I looked at him wondering how he could possibly come close to reading me the way Jimmy always had so naturally. I missed it, hell I was longing for it right now. For Jimmy to read me so well that I didn’t feel alone anymore. He would tell me whatever we were facing we went through it together. But he hated me now.

“Yes”.
I admitted looking at him. Brian placed his hand over mine giving it a light squeeze. It was this action that sparked the question within me.
“Where’s Aria. I haven’t seen you two together much”.
I said slowly rising to my feet, Brian sighed shaking his head.
“She’s not interested in me now. I didn’t take her side in the whole thing between you and Harlyn and she got pissed. She’s trying to find a place in a new covenant”.
I frowned feeling like this was also my fault. Brian stood placing his hands on my shoulders.
“If you need someone to talk to. My doors always open”.

I looked up at him not sure what to say. I was lonely and scared and sure that Jimmy hated me now. I closed my eyes as my heart started to hurt again. Jimmy. God I wanted to be near him so much right now. To feel his arms around me, to breathe him in and tell him how much I love him. I’d love him until I died and long after. Then there was warmth, arms around me, a warm chest holding me close and when I breathed in. for a second it was Jimmy’s musk that filled my senses inspiriting me to lean in closer.

“What the shit?”
My eyes snapped open as I realized what was really happening. It had been Brian holding me. Brian I had cuddled into. Harlyn stood in the doorway with Night at her side.
“Ok I may be blind and all that other shit. But I know damn well you are not Krissi’s vampire”.
Harlyn said as she entered the room crossing her arms as she looked at Brian.
“So what the fuck are you doing with your best friend’s girl?”
Brian shot her a look and quickly stepped back.

“I’m comforting her. That’s it”.
“Oh I bet you are”.
She said flipping her amazingly blond and perfect curls over her shoulder.
“The way you hold her, you should be focusing on your hateful hag of a girlfriend”.
Brian’s eyes turned cold and narrowed at her.
“She’s not my girlfriend anymore. She’s transferring into a new coven and already has a new consort. One that obeys her every command”.
Harlyn scoffed crossing her arms.
“Well shit, so you think it’s ok to be groping Jimmy’s girl? I won’t tell anyone about this for now. But if I catch you “Comforting” Krissi in the venerable state she’s in. I will go to Jimmy and he will fuck you up”.

Harlyn said stepping aside. Brian took the hint and walked out of the room without as much as a look back at me. Harlyn turned back to me taking my hand and leading me towards her and Alexus’s bed room.
“Ok So I get how Yummy Brian is. But come on! You are with Jimmy”.
I looked down.
“I was thinking about Jimmy”.
I whispered sitting on her bed. Harlyn sat on the other side of me taking my hand in hers.
“Go on”.
I told her everything, and of course me being the wimp I am I burst into tears all over again. Harlyn dried my eyes and gave a heavy sigh shaking her head.
“Well, if Jimmy is too stupid to know what you’re doing is protecting him. Then hell. We’re all screwed”.

She stood crossing her arms.
“Huh?”
I said looking at her. Harlyn removed her sunglasses reveling her blood red eyes.
“Guess who had another vision”.
She said in a fake happy tone before putting her sunglasses back on.
“Don’t worry, I didn’t start screaming it out in class this time. I managed to gather as much information I could before it disappeared. Once Night and I were alone I had him write everything down”.
Harlyn sighed.
“Your life is in grave danger, of course that is a given you totally know that already. But your fate is in Jimmy’s hands, it’s like if you two brake up or something, no one will be able to save you from the darkness”.
I got up frowning at her.

“Darkness?”
Harlyn nodded to me sighing worriedly. Her tone was a little tenderer this time.
“Yeah, darkness consumed you. It was like you fell into a big black hole. And there was no way to get you out. Hopelessness, despair. And sorrow take you over and you lose the will to fight”.
I frowned at her shaking my head.
“That’s horrible, is there anything else?”
Harlyn sighed hanging her head.
“Yes, you are going to be in the middle of a love triangle. Aria has left the group. I saw her with the super Goth kids like she was one of them. Which means anything to do with Brian is kind of bad for you. I mean I’ve heard of alchemist having more than one consort and stuff. But that is some seriously nasty shit to deal with when they are best friends. And you are completely devoted to Jimmy. Which won’t bring out the best in Brian”.

I sighed shaking my head as I sat down again.
“That can’t be happening. There’s no way. I barely had a boyfriend before all this. And I’m mad for Jimmy. Why the hell would Brian?”
I trailed off not able to finish the question. Harlyn sighed.
“Sweetie, do you really have to ask that question? There’s a reason Jimmy calls you Jail Bate and honey. It’s about to become more true than ever before”.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3