Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Alchemist and the Necromancer

Chapter Four Jimmy

Chapter Four
Jimmy

The pain in her eyes made me want to punch myself in the throat. How could I have lost it with her like that? I growled to myself in frustration as I slumped forwards resting my arms against the bar. I looked over as the door opened and Matt filed in. He smiled seeing me and clapped me on the back.
“Here you are, I should have looked here first”.
He laughed ordering himself a beer. I looked down at my reflection in the polished bar top.

“I fucked up”.
I said in a flat tone. Matt turned himself to face me.
“Oh yeah? What happened?”
I looked at Matt thinking I didn't know where I’d be without him. We met in second grade and he’d been a true best friend to me ever since. He was kind of my confidant too.
“Krissi is not herself and I know it has something to do with Raven and all the other shit she’d gone through. I should have been with her when she faced him again. And I feel like I’m failing her now. She’s distancing herself from me and says she can’t tell me what’s going on. It’s got her really upset and broken. I think she might be wanting to sacrifice herself again. And I can’t let that happen!”

Matt frowned as he leaned on the bar top.
“Wow, could be post-traumatic stress she’s dealing with. I mean Raven obviously put both of you through some serious crap. Maybe you should just act like you don’t notice. Kind of leave it alone and let her cope how she feels she needs to”.
I narrowed my eyes a bit.
“I don’t want to pretend Matt. I want to know what’s happening inside her! My bond to her is blocked! I can’t read her mind or feel her emotions and it’s leaving me empty! I need her. And it’s like she doesn’t know how much I need her”.

“Maybe she does”.
Matt said before taking a drink. I sighed looking away from him. He didn’t understand, he and Amanda had a perfect bond. They never fought or anything. I was scared, terrified that I was about to lose the best thing that ever happened to me. I finished my drink and got up filing out of the bar. I wanted to find Krissi and talk to her again. As I made my way towards the girl’s dorm I saw Brian leaving the dorm. He froze looking at me.

“Hey man”.
He smiled, I narrowed my eyes a bit.
“Aria change her mind?”
I asked crossing my arms as I approached him. Brian shrugged shoving his hands in his pockets.
“More like, doing someone else’s job for them”.
I felt the stab he took at me and moved in to grab him and shake the truth out of him. Night moved into the hallway seeing us.
“James? Are you here to see My Goddess? She is very distressed I believe she could use your company”.

Brian started walking again before I could ask him what was really going on. I walked into the dorm hearing Krissi and Harlyn talking. She was saying something about another consort. My eyes narrowed, I’d have to deal with that later. Right now I wanted to focus on Krissi. I tapped on the door frame drawing their attention to me.

“Ah, Jimmy. Well I’ll leave you two alone”.
Harlyn said walking confidently from the room she paused in the doorway.
“And if you two get all lovely dovey please don’t use my bed”.
She joked on her way out of the room. Krissi looked at me and I could tell she’d be crying hard. I sighed dropping to my knees in front of her and grabbing her in my arms. Krissi didn’t hesitate in wrapping her arms around me and burring her face between my neck and shoulder.

“I love you”.
I whispered to her petting her hair. She gripped tight to the back of my shirt.
“I love you too”.
She said her voice muffled against my shoulder.
“I shouldn’t have gotten so frustrated with you. I know what you’re going through, whatever it is. It has you scared out of your mind, you’re overwhelmed and scrambling to protect everything and everyone you love from this evil that’s targeting you”.
I pulled back from her only a little not removing my arms from her.
“I know it’s a lot to take in. and when you’re ready. I’m here to help you”.
I whispered to her resting my forehead to hers. Krissi gave a weak smile through her tears staying still, she didn’t want to move from this moment, neither did I. I’d wanted more than this moment for a long time.

“I know you’re going through hell right now. And maybe this isn’t the best time to bring this up. But I want to be with you”.
Krissi’s eyes darted to mine again as she blushed pink catching on.
“I want to get a room for us the night of the mask. I think it’s the best time for us”.
The pink in her cheeks had become a scarlet red but her eyes never left mine.
“You want that with me? After everything”.

I smiled at her cupping her cheek.
“I love you and I trust you. I know whatever you’re doing, whatever you have going on. It’s for the best of everyone you love because you love with more of your being then anyone I’ve ever met. There isn’t another person in the world I want to be with more then you. I hope you feel the same way”.

I remembered hearing Harlyn talking about a second consort and my heart clutched in my chest as I waited for her answer.
“I feel the same way, I love you so much Jimmy, more than anything. I don’t deserve you”.
She sniffed. I smiled at her resting my forehead to hers.
“That’s my line, so how do you feel about what I said?”

Krissi smiled at me her finger tips grazing my jawline.
“Nervous, but I think it’s a perfect idea. I’m ready if you are”.
I smiled bringing her in and kissing her deeply as I held her close. We kissed for a while but not nearly long enough before Alexus came back to the room and caught us kissing on Harlyn’s bed.
“Gah! Oh, I’m sorry”.
Alexus said. I smirked at her.
“My fault, I should have taken her back to her room before kissing her”.
I smiled at Krissi who returned my smile before leaving the room. I headed out towards where I knew Harlyn would be. She had archery this hour. And she was better at it then Alexus who had an affinity for the sport. I approached Harlyn as she pulled back on her bow and let her arrow fly hitting the target again.

“What can I do for you James?”
Harlyn said turning towards me. The sunlight glinting off her sunglasses.
“The consort you were talking about. You said Krissi was getting a second consort. Who is he?”
Harlyn sighed shaking her head.
“I’m not getting involved in this”.
I narrowed my eyes gripping her wrist lightly.
“Wait, you are involved you get visions about the woman I love. Please tell me about the consort”.

Harlyn sighed shaking her head.
“Ok but you aren’t going to like it”.
I crossed my arms.
“I already don’t like it”.
Harlyen set her bow aside shoving her hands in her pockets.
“It’s Brian. Krissi’s second Consort is going to be Brian”.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3