Status: Not the best but I'm trying

Dancing Queen

Chapter 7 - Week 2 Show 1

Leaving my bed this morning had been torture it may not have helped that I only went to sleep about three hours ago. I blame Hayley and our sons of anarchy marathon. Also not helping was how on show days we had to be at the studio at a ridiculously early time. You had to go to hair and makeup and the costume department and we had a run through and then you may have ten or so minute’s free time before the actual show begins. Another thing not helping my mood today was how I tweaked my ankle on one of our last rehearsals and it was stressing me out with the pain. Camera rehearsals last night had not gone too well with all the mess ups that I had. I kept getting distracted by my ankle and then I would forget the steps and ugh it was a mess.

I started my day by going to the hair and makeup truck. Thankfully, this week we were going simple on hair and makeup so it wouldn't take as long and I would hopefully have extra time to enjoy some peace and quiet in my trailer and try my hand at a sitting up nap.

Sitting in the chair I turned to say hi to everyone. Noticing who was in the chair next to me, I said "Hi miss Janel!"

"Hey Emma how are you today!!

Janel is beautiful! Honestly, she and Val together look like something off a runway. I also think that she's an amazing dancer and that she would secretly come from nowhere to possibly win.

I consider Janel a very good friend who always has a friendly smile and a hug whenever you need it.

"I'm good been a busy week, how's your rehearsing been going?" I replied

"Good I'm looking forward to the dance I'm doing this week!" She replied! Before turning back to the makeup artist.

The trailer was a busy revolving door on show days with all the contestants getting ready in the morning and then the hosts would appear to get ready we would have a dress rehearsal and then the judges would be last before the poor makeup artists would then do touch ups as the show starts

After speaking to Janel for a while it was time to move on to the costume trailer.

"Hey Emma how are you!" Susie asked me as I walked in.

"I'm very well thanks looking forward to seeing my costume again" I replied I was going to be wearing a lovely dark red dress!

"Do you want to try it on again before you take it back to your trailer" She asked moving to grab the dress.

"Yeah, I better had at least that will be one less thing to worry about" I replied.

After trying it on and I took it to my trailer. Sitting in my trailer I took a minute to breathe.

A knock was heard on my door opening the door, I smiled, noticing it was Derek.

"You look half glam" He joked noticing my hair and face had been worked on yet I was still in my sweat pants and top. "You also look tired!" He said as I yawned again. "Late night?"

"Yeah, I had a date last night" I answered, "With who?" He asked quickly, with raised eyebrows and concern on his face. "A group of bikers real tough I even share the same last name as one of them" I said before laughing at the pure confusion that had appeared on Derek's face.

"Hayley and I had a Sons of Anarchy marathon" I finally said

"Oh, silly girl you had me going there. Come on time for dress rehearsals" Derek told me allowing me to change into my dress before we walked into the main studio.

"Did you remember to reserve Hayley a seat" Derek asked as we were waiting for rehearsals to start.

"Yeah, she's probably going to freak when she sees who she's sitting with."

"Who did you put her with?"

"Sadie’s family, but Hayley’s obsessed with Duck Dynasty so she'll either faint or cry" I replied. "I think she's mostly obsessed with John Luke so as long as he's not there then it's all okay"

"John Luke hey. Bet you have a thing for him too right!" Derek teased.

"Too young I like an older guy to be honest" I replied. Okay so John Luke's only a year younger but I like an older guy. Honestly I do.

"Older guys interesting" He replied as the whole cast was beginning our rehearsal.

Not only would we be doing our own dances we would also be involved in the opening dance sequence. Lot's of different bodies to try and avoid bumping into.

Showtime

Starting the show the entire cast danced to Len's jam which was come dance with me, Carrie Ann's jam only girl in the world, Bruno's jam born this way and Julianne’s jam a sky full of stars. It went really well and It was so much fun getting the judges involved!

Later in the showAfter Alfonso and Whitneys dance we were ushered on to the stage ready for our dance.
"Lea and Artem are currently at the top of the leader whilst sadly Micheal and Emma are at the bottom. Next continuing our competition is Emma and Derek"

Video Package begins

This began by showing our dance last week along with our comments and then went on to show our rehearsals with our interruption from my friend.

Showing how Hayley had come in and we had ended on the floor.

"I don't know what just happened there was a purple blur and then my partner was on the floor on top of some girl. I don't what to feel right now!" Derek joked to the camera. "My best friend showed up this week, which has been a huge boost. It was fun having her at rehearsals to have a second point of view" I was shown saying to the camera.

The package then went on to show our later practices.

"From the bottom to top" Derek said as we were practicing our moves, "Ow" "What happened" Derek asked.

"So I tweaked my ankle this week during one of our sessions. It's not super bad at the moment I just hope it doesn't get any worse" I said to the camera.

My ankle survived the dance! It was aching a lot, but it survived! I felt so much more positive about this week's dance than I did last weeks plus I had fun which was the main part. It was also nice having my best friend cheering me on from the side. Derek grabbed me into a huge hug whilst carrying me over to the judges to receive our comments. "Well any pain from your ankle didn't show in your face you looked like you were having a ball" Tom said as we stood next to him.

"Ah foxy lady that really did tickle my fancy. I loved all the little details. You did it overall really well" Bruno told us.

"Dancing's not only about getting the movements right, it's about telling a story and I'm now seeing you start telling a story I thought that was a really wonderful routine." Carrie Ann told us

"That was a great number the best I've seen tonight" Len also told us.

"That was your Jam and you are my jam that was awesome" Julianne finished with.

Oh wow that was an amazing high of the comments of the judges! I seriously thought I was going to cry. Running up to speak to Erin and get our scores I felt on a high I just hope that the scores would match the comments so that I can feel as though I've done Derek proud!

"How's the ankle holding up" Erin asked me as we stood next to her.

"It’s funny as soon as the music started I didn't really feel it and now it's paying me back for all the movement on it" I laughed

"Derek you looked more surprised by Hayley's arrival than Emma did at rehearsals" Erin said.

"Well this girl just barged in and they sort of leapt at each other and then they were on the floor. I didn't know if it was a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare" Derek joked causing everyone else to laugh.

"Well, it's time to get your scores" Erin said

"Carrie Ann Inaba" "8"

"Len Goodman" "9"

"Julianne Hough" "8"

"Bruno Tonioli" "8"

"So that is 33 out of 40" Erin told us passing it back to Tom.

After being congratulated on the dance by everyone Derek and I took a moment to talk.

"So are you proud of me" I asked Derek.

"Babe I'm so proud, you just keep improving every time we practice" Derek replied. This meant a lot Derek had so many amazing partners and had won quite a few mirror ball trophies so I really wanted to make him proud at least.

"When's Hayley heading back then?"

"Tomorrow, as soon as the show ends I feel bad because we'll be doing interviews when she has to leave" I replied, starting to feel sad at the thought of my best friend leaving tomorrow.

"I'm sorry babe, hey how about we have a movie night tomorrow we'll get some ice cream even a chick flick or something" Derek suggested.

"Well, Mr Hough you really know how to charm a girl," I said as we were called to get ready to go to stage.

As Sadie and Mark were the last to dance that night all the contestants and their partners would be on the stage watching just like we did last week for Alfonso. I felt bad for them it was bad enough knowing the audience were watching talk about all of us too.

Sadie and Marks dance was awesome no matter what the judges said about the country song with jazz!

"So what did you think then Hay!" I asked as I met up with Hayley once the show ended.

"Amazing you're talented girl!" She replied "And I sat next to some of Duck Dynasty I nearly peed myself it was incredible" She replied as we left.

All i could hope for now was to make it to next week.