Somewhere Only We Know

26: Let’s Get Away

“Ariana?” Iker murmured, his brown eyes a little bleary as he stepped into the living room. It had been a few hours since they had gotten back from the hospital and Iker had been a little surprised to find Ariana missing from her bed. She had been safely tucked up beside him when he had stirred before and it had scared him momentarily to find that she wasn’t there. “Ari, what are you doing up? It’s only nine and we didn’t get back here until after four” Iker murmured, his hand trying to stifle a yawn. It had been a long night, after leaving the hospital, Iker had spent the next few hours trying to calm down his crying girlfriend, and he was tired. He’d only gotten about three hours sleep.

Ariana turned at the sound of his voice and smiled weakly, her hands showing off the pile of photographs that she had dug out.

“Ari” Iker whined softly “This isn’t going to help” he murmured as he padded towards the couch, collecting the pictures out of her hand. He knew that she was upset, Lucia’s words had hurt her deeply, but Iker wasn’t about to let her dwell on it. In his mind, Lucia wasn’t deserving of such a wonderful sister and should have been out of Ariana’s life a long time before he had entered it. She was a horrible woman, she had done nothing to help Ariana, and Iker didn’t want Ariana dwelling on Lucia’s rejection. She was far better off without Lucia around.

“I know” Ariana sighed as she rested her head on his shoulder “I just wanted to think of something a little more cheerful, so I came in here and found these. They were taken when we were little” she mumbled.

Iker sighed. “Ari, you need to stop worrying about Lucia” he murmured as he drew his fingers back through her dark hair, pressing a little kiss to her temple “She’s clearly made up her mind and there is very little you and I can do to change it. She’s a petty and bitter woman Ari and she clearly doesn’t want you to be happy” he muttered against her skin. It was harsh, but Ariana needed to hear it. Lucia clearly didn’t want her little sister happy, if she did, she would give Ariana her blessing to be with the man she really loved, and Iker knew he had to be the one to point it out to his girlfriend. Ariana had a bad habit of listening to all of the vile that spewed out of Lucia’s mouth.

Ariana sighed. “But I knew that what we have is what she wanted. I knew she wanted to meet a man like you and be happy like we are. Doesn’t that make me terrible?” she whispered, tears still shining in her blue eyes.

Iker wanted to groan, but refrained, kissing the spot of her temple once more. “Ari, you can’t live your life like this, thinking that your sister is right about everything. She doesn’t want what you and I have, she wants a man with a bank balance that can support her lifestyle Ari. She only wants me because she thinks I can make her popular and famous, she’s a gold-digger Ari” he whispered. Ariana sighed and shifted her head a little, burying it in the side of his neck as a few loose sobs fell away from her mouth. Iker shushed her gently and held her close. “Ari, she’s been a terrible sister to you, because of her, you’re this nervous and timid little thing when you should be the most confident and bright woman in the world. You’re gorgeous, you’re funny, you’re clever…Ari, you’re amazing and if Lucia can’t open her eyes and see that or to see that you and I are so happy and so in love, then she doesn’t deserve to have you around. You deserve to be loved and Lucia, she clearly can’t get over her petty jealousy” he whispered.

Ariana sighed and withdrew slightly from him, her blue eyes peeking into his. “You really think I am amazing?” she breathed, the slightest of smiles on her lips.

Iker chuckled. “Of course I do. I love you Ari, everything about you” he mused.

Ariana nodded gently and pecked his lips. “Thank you Iker” she murmured.

“For what?” he whispered.

“For being you” she replied as she pushed herself out of his arms.

Iker shook his head gently before he rested it against the back of the couch, hoping he had said enough to convince Ariana that she no longer needed Lucia in her life.

~#~
“What are you doing?” Iker posed as he stepped into Ariana’s bedroom, a quirked smile on his face. It had been a few ours since their talk and since having a little nap, Iker felt refreshed, something he could see was true of Ariana. She looked far brighter than she had when he had found her that morning and that pleased him. She didn’t deserved to be held down by Lucia anymore.

“I am packing a bag” Ariana replied.

Iker chuckled. “I can see that, Ari, I was asking why” he commented.

“Because I am going to take a trip. I still have the rest of the week on compassionate leave and I intend to take it” she commented as she proceeded to place another shirt into her small suitcase. It had been a sudden call, Ariana had never just upped and left like that before, but she knew it was precisely what she needed. A break from life in Madrid had been overdue for a while.

Iker tilted his head. “Where are you going to take a trip to?” he posed.

Ariana shrugged. “I don’t know” she replied “Just anywhere that isn’t Madrid. I have needed to get out of here for a while and this has presented me with the chance. I need a few days that aren’t about work or about Lucia, but are about me” she breathed.

Iker smiled and padded towards her. “I think it is a wonderful idea Ari” he breathed as he placed his arms around her.

“You do?” Ariana prodded.

Iker chuckled. “Did you think I would tell you not to go?” he mused.

“I kind of thought you’d say it was stupid” she murmured shyly.

Iker shook his head and pecked her lips. “It isn’t stupid. You deserve a break and I am not going to stop you going” he grinned, brushing the brown hair from her face. Ariana smiled and bit her lip, something which made Iker groan softly. “You know what that look does to me Ari” he breathed, a small laugh falling out of his mouth.

Ariana blushed. “Sorry” she murmured.

Iker chuckled and kissed her again. “Don’t say sorry. I just don’t know what I am supposed to do without you for the next few days. Who will I cuddle when I want to go to sleep?” he teased.

Ariana seemed to think for a moment before she looked up at him. “Come with me” she mused.

Iker tilted his head. “What?” he spluttered out.

“You’re out of training for a couple of weeks still and I am sure Ancelotti could put up with you being off press duty for a couple of days. Come away with me Iker” she mused with a small smile.

“Where would we go?” Iker returned.

“Where ever we wanted. It would only be for a few days” she replied with a little shrug.

“It’s short notice” he replied “Ancelotti will kill me” he added.

Ariana shrugged. “You’ll just miss out on the sight of me in a bikini then won’t you?” she teased as she zipped up her bag.

Iker chuckled and moved to hold her close. “You’re a tease Ari” he breathed as he rested his forehead on hers.

“You love me for it” she replied with a little shrug.

Iker laughed. “That I do” he smiled.

“So, do you want to go away with me?” she murmured as she nudged her nose against his.

Iker smiled and nodded. “More than anything Ari” he mused.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments on the last chapter :)