Status: HIATUS

Left for Dead

Girl power

I quivered as I wiped my mouth clean from vomit, still hunched over I looked behind me to see them begin to cauterize the wound. The woman had passed out from sudden shock. I'm actually surprised I didn't pass out. Still curious as how I have know problem chopping at zombies but as soon as someone who isn't infected becomes bit on one of their limbs and we have no other choice but to remove it before the infection spreads and she becomes fully infected, with an axe that was broken out of a glass case for fire emergencies, I suddenly become ill as if I ate 40 hot dogs in under five minutes.

"...Sasha, lead everyone into the motel. Now. I think the walker who bit Andrea brought some of it's friends back with it" Zoey said slowly staring off into the distance.

Still hunched over, I looked up and saw a group of probably fifteen zombies staggering towards the hotel amongst the heat waves. A petite platinum blonde girl carrying a shotgun much like Ellis' came in to view also staring down the zombies.

"This is the only gun we got that has ammo" The blonde stated dully.

"Go to the kids and the other two, and protect them Taylor" Zoey demanded.

Taylor nodded as she looked at all of us, Her eyes were squinted from the beaming sunlight but she still examined each and every one of us. It was one of the hottest days of the summer so we were all wearing wife beaters, tank tops or a t-shirt that was tied in the back revealing little skin. Zoey however remained in her jogging sweater. I couldn't help but keep staring at Sasha. It's not everyday someone resembles you in many ways, feature wise anyway.

"Go. Now" Julia demanded, shooting Taylor a sharp glare.

"Good luck." She said to all of us before she headed back into the motel.

"Andrea's got three kids in there. They cant handle seeing their mom's arm like this and my kids are going to panic immediately after seeing Andrea's arm. I'm taking Andrea and going back inside with everyone... I'm sorry" Ashley explained to Zoey as she took hold of Andrea from under her arms and lifted her to her feet.

"Do you need some help?" Zoey asked Ashley.

"No. I got her, she'll be awake soon and need pain pills anyways. You guys take care of this" She replied shortly. Zoey turned and looked at all of us, pulling out her pistol and taking her stance.

"Alright... that makes 5 of us. Lets do this" Zoey said briefly.

Julia pulled out two long blades out and held them up, ready for what was coming. Sasha picked up two long kantana swords from a bench near by, handing me one. I was familiar with this as this was my first weapon choice at the very beginning of the apocalypse. If anything this was a relief having one of these swords back in my hands. Rochelle looked at me, making sure I was alright before she picked up the axe she had used to chop Andrea's lower arm off. The zombies made their way through the motel parking lot.

"You guys can handle this?" Rochelle asked everyone.

"We didn't get this far by just letting the men do all the work" Sasha replied as she took the first swing at the first zombie that ran toward us.

Rochelle ran toward the hoard, bringing the axe up and chopping down at another zombie. I glanced over at Julia who was casually walking, slicing zombies throats and stabbing them in the chest as they came at her. She was fucking bad ass. Zoey stayed in her exact tracts, shooting zombies in the head as they got closer. It was apparent that I needed to step my game up and start impressing these girls. I didn't want to be THAT girl who you always had to protect, so therefor I took control of the situation.

"Come here you fucker" I said through clenched teeth as I backed away, leading two zombies with me. I sliced one across it's chest, sending it spinning and down on the ground. I quickly stabbed it dead center of its head with the end of my katana sword. Shocked at what I had just done, I smirked in accomplishment. I stood tall and proud as I waited for the next growling zombie to charge at me. With one swift swing at the zombie, I had killed it.. for good.

"We did it!" Zoey exclaimed in between breaths.

"Woohoo!" Rochelle cheered.

"Uh..." Julia started.

"Guys..." Sasha trailed trying to get our attention.

"Oh..." Rochelle started, immediately coming to a hault on her and Zoey's celebrating.

"...Fuck" I finished.

A sudden familiar rumble of the ground below us happened causing every one to look off into the distance. A roar escaped the blood filled mouth of a tank. My last encounter with a tank almost cost me my life. We even had guns at that time and it was still hard to shoot that thing down. This time around none of us have a gun, besides Zoey, but I'd imagine she was out of ammo for it after the zombies we just took down. This could very well end badly and we end up all dead or we could make the attempt to take this thing down... and maybe just maybe live another day.

"It's coming!" Julia shouted as she dropped her blades to pick up a steal pole of what once was used for a stop sign.

The tank ran towards Julia, she swung as hard as she could. The tank let out another roar before swiping at Julia, sending her flying back and into Rochelle and Zoey who now lost their balance and fell down. Sasha and I ran towards the tank, we attempted to hurt the tank with our swords. Naturally, failing at doing so. The tank grabbed hold of Sasha, picking her up like a young girl with a Barbie doll, throwing her towards a cement wall. Luckily for her she landed against a pile of dead bodies or she would have defiantly been killed from that.

"Kill the shit out of this thing!" Rochelle hollered running towards the tank.

Rochelle was still recovering from the incident at the mall so I knew she could only hold out for so long. Zoey ran towards Sasha to help her up. Julia, now picking up the blades she dropped, ran back and threw the knifes at the tanks back. The tank became even more enraged now that he had two knives standing up in his back, then he was before. He turned his attention to where me and Julia were standing, shoving Rochelle out of the way roughly causing her to be slammed down on the back.

"Run upstairs!" I instructed. Julia cocked an eyebrow.

"Where are you going?!" She asked as we ran towards the stairs that led to the upstairs balcony that wrapped around all the upstairs units. I ignored her, shoving her up the stairs as the tank galloped towards us, roaring in anger. Julia ran ahead of me.

"There's liqour bottles in the laundry room!" I shouted as we ran towards the laundry room.

"Don't get corned in the laundry room!" I shouted again as I opened the laundry room door. I grabbed two items, a bottle of whiskey and a cleaning cloth.

"Amber! It's coming!" Julia yelled in fear.

I twisted the bottle cap off and quickly poured some of the whiskey onto the rag, dampening it before shoving it in the bottle. I pulled out my lighter and lit the rag. It took a couple tries though.

"Come on.. come on..." I pleaded as I continued to attempt lighting the rag on fire. The tank was making it's way toward us. Just as the tank roared in anger, the rag caught fire. I threw the bottle at the tank.

"We have to jump!" I yelled looking down from the balcony. Julia gasped in shock.

"Are you nuts?! That's pure cement we will die or break our legs!" She fought.

The tank, now on fire was only a small distance from us.

"Trust me" I said unsure of what I was even doing.

Luckily for us, this motel only had two levels. I looked around at the ground and noticed the empty pool full of dead bodies. Julia reluctantly grabbed my wrist. The tank roared like a lion as it came to a hault beside us, raising its fists above its head and just as it was about to slam its fists down on us, Julia and I bent down and leaped off of the balcony. We flailed in the air as we leaped.

"Amber!" I heard Ellis scream as he watched us jump from the parking lot of the motel.

The impact of the jump knocked the breathe right out of me. Luckily we landed right in the pool of dead bodies as planned. Frantic, I pulled myself up out of the swimming pool of dead bodies. I reached for Julia and used all my strength to pull her out of the pool of dead bodies. The tank leaped down and charged at us, throwing dead corpses out of its way. Ellis, Nick, Coach, Francis, Bill and five other men with loaded guns ran toward us shooting at the tank. It immediately dropped to its knees before falling into the collection of dead bodies that took over the pool.

"Frank!" Ashley yelled as she ran out of the motel with two of her children in her arms, towards a man who sighed in relief as he embraced his family.

"Daddy! mommy has a pirate arm now! and those two brave ladies saved us from the tank!" Two more kids ran out towards another man in the crowd, an older boy about 14 followed with them.

"Where is she?!" The man asked in a panic.

"She's resting" Ashley replied reassuring Frank that his wife was okay.

"...You... You white people... are crazy" Julia managed to spit out in between breaths. I rested my arms on my knees and began to laugh. Julia stared at me and laughed too.

"That was close." She stated as Coach walked over to her, smiling as he offered his hand to help her up. She blushed as he lifted her to her feet.

As I stood up, an arm wrapped around my waist, picking me up and spinning me around.

"You're a hero!" Ellis exclaimed as he continued to spin me around.

"I'm not a hero" I disagreed. "Put me down!" I giggled.

"Much obliged!" Ellis thanked as he put me down.

"Thank you" Bill said as he leaned it and whispered.

"You saved those kids, Rambo" Sasha said as she walked over to Julia and I. Nick smirked at Sasha immediately after her comment. Her comment reminded me of something Nick's smart ass attitude would say.

"We all did" I replied shortly as I was cut off by a spitter spitting acid towards us.

We all jumped back avoiding the toxic goo.

"Mom?!" the thirteen year old boy shouted wide eyed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bare with me, I'm trying my hardest to pick this story out of the dark boring hole it seems to be stuck in. I promise it will be worth the read! i appreciate the ones who read this faithfully!

just so you guys kind of have an idea on what the new characters look like..

Sasha: Sasha Grey
Taylor: Taylor Momsen
Andrea: Daryl Hannah
Two older women (taking care of the kids): Kathy Bates and Susan Surandon
Julia: Sydney Tamiia Poitier
Ashley: Rosario Dawson

and this is the motel so people have an idea of what it looks like, if they haven't played the game.
Image
Image