Status: HIATUS

Left for Dead

Dark Carnival

The sun was just setting as we all gathered outside the motel beside abandoned vehicles to say our goodbyes. My body was struggling to stay standing as the urge to throw up stopped me from making any sudden movements. Between the pain killers, adrenaline shots, lack of food and sleep. constant anxiety and dehydration... I was defiantly not doing so well both physically and mentally. Our supplies were limited and I wasn't going to risk indulging in our food and water supply as there will be a time when I will need it more than I already have.

"We appreciate everything you guys have done for us." Coach thanked Bill and his three other main companions.

"As to you." Bill replied shortly as he stared off into the distance.

"Maybe when this is all over we will all cross paths again." Louis said awkwardly as he placed his hand on the back of his neck and shrugged.

"Maybe..." Nick started but was cut short as Sasha turned and gave him a look of disappointment.

"You guys sure you don't want to stay?" Zoey asked us all.

"I have reason to believe that if CEDA is overrun that the military is still around looking for survivors..." Rochelle replied as she stared down at her feet.

"There's always hope..." Francis interrupted.

"We ought to be on our way now though." Ellis cut in as he stared up into the sky to see that it was getting darker by the minute.

Within minutes after saying goodbye to everyone, we loaded up our gear, reloaded our weapons and slowly made our way out of the motel parking lot. I wasn't feeling well at all so I was a few feet behind my group. Wincing, I threw my bag of supplies, gun and katana down to the ground next to an abandoned car. I turned my back against the car and slid down to the ground, leaning against the side of the car. I breathed in deeply and I tried to surpass this sick feeling coming over me. Ellis walked over to me, kneeling down.

"What's wrong?" He asked firmly.

"I feel like death" I replied shortly.

"Come on kid. We got to get to that amusement park. Take some of these" Nick said handing me a bottle of those god for saken pills.

"Let's get you to your feet" Ellis said as he lifted me up against my will. Nick picked up my weapons and backpack, giving me a look of reassurance as he handed me my stuff.

"Thanks guys. I got this" I thanked Nick and Ellis in between breaths.

"Wait!" Sasha's voice called out in the distance.

Nick stopped dead in his tracks as he heard her voice call out. We all slowly turned to the direction Sasha's voice was coming from. Nick's crystal blue eyes widened as the girl, who much like me: slim, medium height, long dark brown almost black hair was jogging towards us. A smirk crept upon Nick's lips as Sasha made her way closer and closer to us. Ellis smirked as he removed his hat to itch his head, staring at Nick. Sasha herself smirked as she caught up with us.

"I'm coming too." She stated proudly looking at all of us.

Rochelle rolled her eyes and continued to walk ahead of the group. Coach jogged after Rochelle to see what was wrong. Sasha nodded her head at me and I smiled. Finally. However, I could sense tension between Rochelle and Sasha the whole time as we got to Whispering Oaks amusement park. Let me tell you, the awkward tension between the two girls didn't bother me nearly as bad as the random zombie clowns around this place. As if normal, human clowns weren't bad enough. This shit took the cake. Now I see why everyone had a fear of these fucking things. Especially now, considering they led hordes of zombies toward us if they noticed us first.

"Let's get the led out people!" Coach demanded.

"Come here you fucker..." Sasha said under her breathe as a zombie clown ran towards us. I curled my right fist into a ball and raised my arm. I punched the zombie in the face as it came at me. Sasha shot it before busting out into laughter.

"Did you just punch the fucking zombie?!" She asked as she continued to laugh.

"I didn't know what else to do!" I exclaimed feeling like a dumb ass.

"I don't know? Shoot it maybe." She replied still laughing.

She snorted as she laughed. I glared at her, wanting her to stop laughing. But all she did was continue to laugh, almost crying from laughing. I stared at her and started to laugh myself. When we both looked at each other, it only made us laugh harder. Sasha began to cough from laughing so hard.

"Stop!" I giggled.

"I'm gonna pee!" I warned as Sasha continued to giggle.

"What the fuck?" Nick asked Ellis as they stopped and examined us.

"Help... me!" Sasha spat out in between laughs as she reached out for Nick, who shook his head as he walked over to her.

"It's not even that funny!" I exclaimed.

Sasha grabbed onto Nick and pointed at me. "You... You're a bitch and I love you for it. You almost killed me there. Oh my God." She said, finally stopping her fit of laughter.

"Are you two done being idiots so we can all move on?" Rochelle asked rudely.

"You done being a jealous bitch so we can all move on?" I asked loud and clear so everyone heard me as I walked past Rochelle who was now scoffing.

"Come on, Row." Ellis said awkwardly as we all continued on.

I knew Rochelle wasn't meaning to directly target me but for some reason she was jealous and angry that Sasha had actually decided to join all of us. Why? I have absolutely no idea why. Considering Rochelle wanted everyone from the motel to come with us. Maybe she saw competition in Sasha. Rochelle was obviously our much stronger, level headed female lead in the group. Sasha was one of the stronger level headed female's in the group from the motel. With me, I wasn't experienced and I was the weakest link so Rochelle didn't have a problem with me when they found me. But with Sasha, whom is just as good at zombie killing as Rochelle is, she's a threat to Rochelle's title. Frankly! I find it all childish as, well... this is a fucking zombie apocalypse, not high school.

"Safe room up ahead!" Nick exclaimed running towards a familiar red door.

"This isn't very romantic..." Nick stated as we exited the saferoom to see that we were in the tunnel of love.

"The water don't look natural..." Coach added.

We made our way through the tunnel of love, killing zombies of course. Ellis and I stayed a short distance behind the other 5 members of our group. I could sense him staring at me whenever he wasn't busy with the undead hordes that raced towards us, baring their teeth like hungry wolves. Every time I would look over at him he'd quickly turn his attention away from me. We were in the clear of zombies, for now, so I took advantage of this and looked over at Ellis who obviously knew he was caught in the act of staring at me.

"Problem?" I asked shortly with a smile across my face.

"Oh, no problem here." Ellis replied sternly. I nodded. "Oh?" I asked knowing that he was about to say something else.

"Just that you're the most beautiful girl that this mechanic has ever laid his eyes upon." He added with a smile causing me to blush multiple shades of red.

"You're alright too." I joked as I slightly shoved Ellis causing him to laugh. Ellis went to lean in to kiss me but we were interrupted immediately as he did so.

"Charger!" Coach roared in warning.

I glanced up to see a charger charging towards me. "What the fu--" I whispered under my breathe before I was grabbed by the charger. My long hair flew towards the front of my face as the wind was knocked out of me and much like a spaghetti noodle, my body dangled in the grasp of a charger.
The yells from my friends and the sounds of gun shots were faint as the charger raised me up past his head and slammed me down onto the concrete flooring of the tunnel of love.

Luckily for me, my backpack stopped the much expected shatter of my bones as the charger slammed me down. I tucked my chin into my chest so that my skull wasn't crushed in process. This was worse than any carnival ride I have ever went on in my life, ever. The charger raised me up above his head for the second round of 'Slam-The-Amber-Against-The-Ground'. However, my wife beater shirt couldn't take it anymore and was torn right down the middle. I fell to the ground, becoming soaking wet from the small stream of water from the tunnel of love. I quickly hauled ass and rolled over away from the charger before he was shot down by both Rochelle and Sasha.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed as I slowly rose back up to my feet, forgetting that I now was only in a black bra and a pair of jeans.

Being as stunned as I am, I shook my head trying to dry off my long ass wet hair. Rochelle ran over to me to comfort me. Ellis gulped as him, Nick and Coach watched me ring out my hair as Sasha pulled off her t-shirt to give to me as she had a tank top on under it, but as she did so her tank top rose up, revealing her stomach and bra as well. Rochelle pulled out a bandana from her back pack and wiped off water from my body. For us girls, we were all just being helpful to each other, not realizing that our male companions were about to have a stroke from the show that was being put on.

Rochelle, looked over at the guys and frowned, immediately realizing what was happening.

"You guys are pigs." She stated.

"There ain't no harm in lookin'." Ellis said with a smirk as Nick and Coach looked at him and nodded agreeing.

Nick ran his fingers through his hair, looking at the other two males and then back at us girls.

"Now this. This is my kind of romance."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! finally some free time for an update! :)

Image