Status: HIATUS

Left for Dead

Let go

"It's cleared out." Nick stated wiping his hands on his suit as he walked out of the farm house.

"You guys got the dead bodies out too?" Rochelle asked in a hushed whisper.

"Yeah. I also set the master bedroom up for Amber..." Nick said slowly staring over at me.

I shot him a quick smile of appreciation and thanked him. The thought of Ellis was still on my mind. I had lost Zac to zombies as well but I never was treated how Ellis treated me, by Zac. The short amount of time that I knew Ellis, felt like it was forever. If it wasn't for Ellis, on several different occasions I would have ended up dead or worse, a walker. Matter of fact... if Ellis wouldn't have been protecting me... he would still be alive.

"We're going to head in... you gonna be alright?" Sasha asked awkwardly.

I inhaled off my cigarette, "Yeah. Thanks guys." I thanked briefly before exhaling.

I watched as Nick and the girl who resembled me so much walked into the beautiful farm house. I examined the inside briefly before the front door closed behind them. It looked like it had been remodeled recently, probably right before this green flu swarmed the United States. I don't even know if that's all it's infected... what if the whole world is overrun? Then what the fuck do we do?

"I cant believe it man..." Coach started shaking his head and looking down at the ground.

"He was a damn good kid." Rochelle finished.

I stood up and stretched my back, yawning as I did so. Pretending I was tired so I didn't have to keep hearing about Ellis dying. Wait... Dying? I mean hear about how it was our fault he was left behind. Left to die. Left standing there in that lonely stadium with nothing but fire bursting into flames around him and zombies running towards him.

Once I was in the house and in 'my room' I immediately went straight for a shower. Since it was a zombie apocalypse, I learned to deal with the freezing cold showers. A shower was still a shower though. After my freezing cold shower, I rummaged through the drawers finding myself new clothes yet once again. I really was lucking out with this. I found a black tank top and a pair of jeans. Simple and I wasn't complaining. In the bathroom, under the sink I found makeup. I felt like shit on the inside both mentally and phsycally so I thought why the hell not. Sasha and Row were going to go nuts when I show them this makeup as they too are probably missing something as simple as makeup.

I walked out on to the balcony, remeniscing about the time Ellis brought me out on to a balcony and up onto the roof. I smiled to myself as I jumped up and grabbed onto the edge of the roof using all my strength to pull myself up onto the roof. Still being deathly afraid of heights, I stood up cautiously and slowly walked over to the middle of the roof. Sitting back down, I lit yet another smoke and sighed as visions of Ellis popped into my head.


"Wait my ass" Coach laughed in annoyance as he crumpled up the news paper clipping of Jimmy Gibbs, Jr.

"Kill all sons of bitches... that's my official instruction" Ellis stated proudly as he loaded his gun.


I chuckled as I exhaled as I thought about him and his goofy stories about him and his best friend Keith. Ellis never really explained who or how he met Keith but he sure talked about him a lot, especially when it came to annoying me or frankly annoying me purposely just to get me to do something that I wasn't sure of or really comfortable with.

"Roll with the big dogs or sit at home on the porch with the pups" I added. Ellis chuckled before taking another swig from the bottle. He paused before swallowing and pointed a finger at me.

"So did I ever tell you guys about the time me and Keith filled up water balloons with our own―" I gasped and started to laugh. "Alright! Alright! Enough with the Keith stories! I'll do it! I'll do it!" I exclaimed, cutting Ellis off. After we found the bottle of whiskey we decided to sit on the floor, our backs against the cupboards in the kitchen and sit beside each other. Ellis had been bothering me to practice shooting. I continued to tell him I'll learn fast enough in the morning when we make our way towards the mall.

"Just kidding." I quickly said causing Ellis to glare at me and poke me in my cheek. I giggled. Damn you whiskey. You're making me giggle like a stupid school girl.

"I ever tell you about the time me and Keith snuck into a Tunnel of Love? Man, if you get your spit thick enough, y'see, y'all can hang a loogie off the overhang, right, so when smoochin' sons-a-bitches behind you―" Ellis started again while poking me in the cheek repeatedly.

"Fine!" I gave up. "No more Keith stories! I'll do it! but how? we're low on ammo as it is... I don't want to waste it" I whispered. Ellis raised a finger signaling me to wait. He leaned back against the cupboard as he dug into his pocket, revealing a 9.mm caliber. My jaw dropped as he did so. He placed it in my lap. I winced a little.


I smiled to myself, throwing my now finished cigarette butt off the roof as I continued to think about him. I began to get choked up as the memory of us kissing for the first time entered my mind.

"I did it!" I exclaimed spinning around, causing Ellis to lean back. "Woah woah woah!" He said as he slowly removed the gun from my hand. Yikes.. safety. Embarrassment flushed through me as I blushed.

"Told ya you could do it!" He convinced. I rolled my eyes. He handed me the whiskey bottle. I took a swig, my eye contact never leaving his. I handed him back the bottle of whiskey. He looked down at me and leaned in, me following. Our lips met and sure as shit we were kissing. He placed his arm behind my head, pulling my in closer.


"I'm so sorry..." I whimpered in a whisper as I stared up into the sky.