Status: HIATUS

Left for Dead

You gotta fight for your right

"This is how we do it!" Coach sang almost identical to Montell Jordan.

Coach was winning in our card game, which I was already failing at so I wasn't as bothered about it as Nick and Ellis were. Sasha chain smoked throughout the game as she tried to concentrate on winning a round. Rochelle surprisingly lightened up a lot throughout the game. She wasn't so tense. Maybe it was because Ellis wasn't dead and we were all together, safe and sound.

"You're cheatin'" Ellis stated shaking his head as he lit a smoke.

"How the fuck am I gonna cheat in mother fuckin' go fish?!" Coach asked getting defensive.

"Ah blow it out your asses you guys." Nick interrupted.

"Guys... look what we have here." Rochelle said opening up the pantry in the kitchen, revealing alcohol.

fuck sake...

Within twenty minutes everyone was either fighting over the stupid card game or obnoxiously laughing from the strong buzz, if not drunk coming over them. This was worse than the night that Ellis and I decided to do straight shots of Jack Daniels whiskey.

"Sh.. Shh.. No seriously there's... there's a boomer." Sasha whispered.

Coach glared at me. "Girl I know you ain't just say that to me. I swear." He warned.

"Come on now" Nick broke up the tension between the two.

"Yeah. You know what Coach..." I started as I crawled over to him and grabbed his hands.

"You have to forget everything bad." I said nodding my head ferociously.

"You drunk as shit." Coach stated with a huge smirk across his face.

"It's the zombie apocalypse!" Rochelle defended me.

"Exactly!" I agreed.

"You gotta fight! For your right!... To party!" I exclaimed.

"Oh my god!" Rochelle exclaimed clearly knowing the song I was singing.

"Your pops caught you smoking and he says no way!" Rochelle sang.

"That hypocrite smokes two packs a day" Ellis finished.

Us girls giggled and squealed that Nick too knew the song and joined in.

"Man living at home is such a drag!" Sasha and Rochelle sang at the same time.

"Now your mom threw away your best porno mag!" Ellis joined in, wrapping his arm around me.

"You gotta fight! For your right! To party!" We all sang drunk out of trees.

We were all sitting on the floor while playing the game. Nick began to bust out into laughter as we all sang. He fell over from laughing so hard. It was strangely nice and heart warming to see everyone getting along and having fun, not so concentrated on the bigger picture, zombies and survival.

"Oh man.. the Beastie Boys sure brings back a lot of memories." Coach said as he cleared his throat after laughing with the rest of us.

"Why are your eyes so blue are you a vampire or something?" I asked staring at Nick.

"Yes Amber, because vampires have bright baby blues. Have another drink." He said rolling his eyes.

"Why do you and Sasha look so much alike? Did your dad fool around?" He asked sarcastically.

Sasha and I stared at each other and copied each others movements. She winked, I winked. I puckered my lips, she puckered her lips. We both turned and looked at Nick and shrugged. Who knows? Maybe my old man was a whore back in his day. Sasha was three years older than me so who knows. Probably.

"We don't know!" We both said at the same time causing us to giggle obnoxiously.

Ellis kissed my cheek while I continued to laugh like an idiot. Rochelle laid on her back on the cold and dirty floor, staring up at the ceiling. She probably had the spins because not even a few moments later she was up on her feet and running upstairs to the bathroom.

"We got a puker!" Nick mocked Rochelle as she'd always yell out 'we got a boomer' whenever a boomer was in sight.

"I think it's time for everyone to get some shut eye" Ellis stated.

Once we were upstairs and in "our room", after shutting the door behind me. I ran to Ellis, jumping up and wrapping my legs around his waist, immediately making out with him. Clothes were took off and thrown all over the room. I was pinned to the wall as Ellis wasn't wasting no time right now. I probably was keeping the whole house up as Ellis and I went at it. He was a lot rougher and faster compared to the first time we ever... you know.

Maybe it was because he was drunk? Or maybe it was because... wait. I don't think I care right now.